So what lesson do you believe hvs has learned from the whole Tcon vs Con2 thing?

#71ReedeemerPosted 11/13/2012 9:35:05 PM
Conduit is something I jumped aboard mainly for multiplayer, so I <3 C2 over TC :)
I waited so long for TC and I really enjoyed it but honestly I would've given it more of a chance if it didn't become the glitch and hack-riden game that we all remember it as :(

The Conduit's campaign was cool though, had me really interested, C2 didn't do too well there but the multiplayer was more than enough to make up for it. Its one of those games that seeing how we literally spend all our time in multiplayer, I think most of the development time put into the campaign should've gone into the multiplayer.

Goldeneye on N64 is one of the most memorable FPS multiplayer experiences, and it was made by Rare really quickly towards the game's end. These dudes just put it together and showed it to the publishers last minute and they were like "Hey thats cool, yeah lets put it into the game."

I forgot where I was going with that but... Relevant? :D

<3 HVS
---
ZETRO ::: C2: 1163-0063-7578
PSN: Zetro-X ::: 3DS: 1118-0389-0873
#72CarbonizerMikePosted 11/13/2012 9:41:22 PM
Reedeemer posted...
Conduit is something I jumped aboard mainly for multiplayer, so I <3 C2 over TC :)
I waited so long for TC and I really enjoyed it but honestly I would've given it more of a chance if it didn't become the glitch and hack-riden game that we all remember it as :(

The Conduit's campaign was cool though, had me really interested, C2 didn't do too well there but the multiplayer was more than enough to make up for it. Its one of those games that seeing how we literally spend all our time in multiplayer, I think most of the development time put into the campaign should've gone into the multiplayer.

Goldeneye on N64 is one of the most memorable FPS multiplayer experiences, and it was made by Rare really quickly towards the game's end. These dudes just put it together and showed it to the publishers last minute and they were like "Hey thats cool, yeah lets put it into the game."

I forgot where I was going with that but... Relevant? :D

<3 HVS

HVS should study Goldeneye and Perfect Dark more. Forget all this "story" crap, "dialogue," and similar nonsense. That isn't what makes a game.

Goldeneye and Perfect Dark were awesome because of what YOU did in the game. You snuck up on guards. You killed them with explosions. You shot a helicopter down from inside a tall building. You disabled security cameras. You injured a guard, then watched him run away to other guards as you laughed your ass off. It was great. There were so many interesting choices to be made in single player (it wasn't called "campaign" back then). Each playthrough could be different with speedruns and hidden weapons, not to mention alternate routes.

I like the multiplayer in Conduit 2 a lot. I even liked The Conduit's multiplayer to an extent (until glitchers took over). My recommendation is to triple QA testing and double the amount of content. We LOVE content. More guns. More levels. More characters. More modes. I think the basic design is right for multiplayer. Just give us so much to do that we feel overwhelmed. That's a great feeling knowing that there are still things to do in a game months after you've purchased it.

So, uh... relevant?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watchmeplaynintendo
Status: Jaye killed me - http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/5632/jayemurder.jpg
#73A-Thon_XPosted 11/13/2012 9:56:05 PM
honestly, and i hate myself for this, but Tcon was way better than Con2. Story, lore, Character development, dialogue...i just wasn't feeling these things in part 2. I hope they really knock it out of the park in part three. I'm super stoked.
---
(Conduit2):0476-2575-6436(Wii):1375-8333-2941-3062
WoW:(Alliance):Zul'Jinn(Horde):Rivendare(3DS):2020-0431-5367
#74B05S_BrennanPosted 11/14/2012 8:41:58 AM
So what lesson do you believe Activision has learned from the whole CoD thing?

That they can keep making the same game, and their fans will still be happy.

Now let's say they finally listened to those other gamers and made an brand new CoD game, highly superior to the other CoD games, with original ideas and lots of good changes.

But it lost 70% of it's fans because they didn't like the changes, despite them being good.

This new CoD is still a better game, despite the stubborn fans leaving.

Same thing has happened with Halo 4. It's by far the best Halo yet, but lot's of fans are ticked that it's made some changes even though they're good changes.

It's wasn't C2, it was the fans.

By the time C2 came out, it was mostly the really stubborn fans that were still playing TCon. Of course many of those fans hated C2. Like I said, they were the really stubborn ones (I wasn't a part of the community back then but this is my theory) . Just look at the complaints from the TCon fans:

The Strike Rifle has been changed to a sniper rifle! It should be more like an AR!
The SCAR was better when it was burst fire!
The Deatomizer was more useful in TCon!
People shouldn't be able to sprint!
Control Points shouldn't give the other team an advantage!
The platforms at Streets are gone!
Bloom is bad! Jumping shouldn't affect my accuracy!
I can't figure out how to counter these perks.
They added iron sights! This is Conduit, not CoD!

I'm sure more people would've given C2 a try, and liked it, but thanks to poorly written reviews, a complete lack of advertising, and stubborn fans making the game sound bad, they ended up thinking C2 wasn't a good game.
---
(>^.^)>http://conduitwii.boards.net/<(^.^<)
http://www.youtube.com/user/B05SxBrennan?feature=mhee
#75Hawke0Posted 11/14/2012 3:34:17 PM
B05S_Brennan posted...
So what lesson do you believe Activision has learned from the whole CoD thing?

That they can keep making the same game, and their fans will still be happy.

Now let's say they finally listened to those other gamers and made an brand new CoD game, highly superior to the other CoD games, with original ideas and lots of good changes.

But it lost 70% of it's fans because they didn't like the changes, despite them being good.

This new CoD is still a better game, despite the stubborn fans leaving.

Same thing has happened with Halo 4. It's by far the best Halo yet, but lot's of fans are ticked that it's made some changes even though they're good changes.

By the time C2 came out, it was mostly the really stubborn fans that were still playing TCon. Of course many of those fans hated C2. Like I said, they were the really stubborn ones (I wasn't a part of the community back then but this is my theory) . Just look at the complaints from the TCon fans:

The Strike Rifle has been changed to a sniper rifle! It should be more like an AR!
The SCAR was better when it was burst fire!
The Deatomizer was more useful in TCon!
People shouldn't be able to sprint!
Control Points shouldn't give the other team an advantage!
The platforms at Streets are gone!
Bloom is bad! Jumping shouldn't affect my accuracy!
I can't figure out how to counter these perks.
They added iron sights! This is Conduit, not CoD!

I'm sure more people would've given C2 a try, and liked it, but thanks to poorly written reviews, a complete lack of advertising, and stubborn fans making the game sound bad, they ended up thinking C2 wasn't a good game.

+9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
---
C2 FC: 0562-2516-9316 Idiot definition of the week, Generic: Any game that is in first person and/or involves guns. Use: "Dur, Bioshock is so generic"
#76CheslukPosted 11/14/2012 4:27:17 PM

Because C2 was the game all of us wanted and got, and the old players are simply idiots for disliking the superiority of this identical game.
---
"You're just jealous of my tacticalness." -XboxAhoy
http://i.imgur.com/uB5U6.jpg
#77Hawke0Posted 11/14/2012 6:41:23 PM
It was both.
But mainly the fans.
---
C2 FC: 0562-2516-9316 Idiot definition of the week, Generic: Any game that is in first person and/or involves guns. Use: "Dur, Bioshock is so generic"
#78A-Thon_XPosted 11/14/2012 8:32:46 PM
lots of good points being made here, but i still feel like part 1 is better. Part 2 tries too hard to be duke nukem. this isn't that kind of game. And i liked fords original trust armor. the destroyer Armour is too.... reminiscent .
---
(Conduit2):0476-2575-6436(Wii):1375-8333-2941-3062
WoW:(Alliance):Zul'Jinn(Horde):Rivendare(3DS):2020-0431-5367
#79double0stevePosted 11/14/2012 9:55:59 PM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
_Signal posted...
The repeated release delays of C2 didn't help it's initial sales. After all, I think originally it was supposed to come out around November and then February and then, I don't even know when it finally came out...

It finally came out like the weekend that Goldeneye and COD did...

Conspiracy!

only read to this quote and have to say, no, i was long before a 56 in GE before c2 came out. as were many people, and it took me 15 days of gametime to get there, so, im thinkin maybe may of 2011.
#80ReedeemerPosted 11/15/2012 11:27:08 AM
Yeah, again, most of the people preferring TCon over C2 is because of the campaign, and in that sense everyone agrees, or should.

The people on either boards that don't like the other is because of multiplayer points / changes
---
ZETRO ::: C2: 1163-0063-7578
PSN: Zetro-X ::: 3DS: 1118-0389-0873