My Conduit 2 debate homework !! :D

#11Hawke0Posted 11/14/2012 6:39:09 PM(edited)
Ahem.
Tired of getting killed by noobtubers in Call of Duty? Even with Flak Jacket? Just get Explosive Focus, and they can't OHK you. Tired of being sniped? Put on double armor, you can't be OSOK'd. Annoyed by campers, and getting shot in the back? Map design isn't very camper friendly and the radar keeps you from being shot in the back.

Ever wished while playing Call of Duty you could change what button you had to push for something? The controls are completely customizable. Want to melee with this button or throw grenades with a button instead of a motion, you can do that.

The multiplayer is almost lag free, and never will you shoot someone in the head only to see in a killcam show you were shooting at the menacing tree 50 feet to their left. But there are occasional framerate drops.

The weapons are very creative, If you're a sniper you'll love the Phase Rifle; It can kill in one shot anywhere to the body, through walls. That sounds a little OP, but it will make a noise while tuning in on you if you're the prey, along with a Phase Rifle symbol showing up on your screen, telling you more or less to book it. But once you get 50 headshots with it - no easy task - you unlock a perk that takes away the warning. You only get it once you've shown you don't need it, and that keeps the powerful weapon out of the hands of people who could only get kills with it.

If you prefer charging in head on, you can get the powerful Carbonizer and two armor upgrades, making you an unstoppable death dealing machine that would make Chuck Norris/Master Chief/Captain Price and/or Soap (pick one based on what your opponent uses) go crying to his mommy.

To name a few of the others, there's the cloaking device ARC-Eclipse, the black hole firing Dark Star, the exploding bee firing machine gun the Hive Cannon, the grenade launcher/mine layer TPC launcher, the Aegis Device, which can capture bullets and fire them back at the enemy, and many more.

I think that's enough from me for now.
If someone uses "Halo clone", http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO1y1bk-FkE or say something like that in words.
EDIT: Make sure to get the Halo info correct, you don't want to be as far off as Lark.
---
C2 FC: 0562-2516-9316 Idiot definition of the week, Generic: Any game that is in first person and/or involves guns. Use: "Dur, Bioshock is so generic"
#12ReedeemerPosted 11/14/2012 8:38:43 PM
Wait, the game you're going up against is an FPS right? Gonna' be a pointless debate if its a different genre.
---
ZETRO ::: C2: 1163-0063-7578
PSN: Zetro-X ::: 3DS: 1118-0389-0873
#13jasonrk7bPosted 11/14/2012 10:37:41 PM(edited)
What game is the opponent choosing?

Is this an actual debate with planned time for back and forth, or just two seperate informative speeches?

And to "win," you must convice the class that the game you have chosen is better than the oppositions game. And by better, do you mean a better game from a critical standpoint, from a consumers standpoint, or a general combination of the two?
---
Conduit 2 FC's: 0905-7525-6314 (JK)
#14Galasky(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2012 1:18:58 PM
I got paired up with Assasin's Creed series :/
---
SHADQW - C2 FC: 0862-7209-1729
Proud leader of Dark-Star "If you want to get things done, you must stick together as one." ~ SHADQW
#15_SignalPosted 11/15/2012 5:51:21 PM
I think it's worth mentioning C2s Teen rating, and the fact that the violence portrayed isn't particularly realistic, or graphic, and in many cases isn't directed against human foes. With High School violence on the rise, I think this is worth mentioning, as well as the fact that C2 has an overall satirical and tongue in cheek attitude toward the FPS genre in general. The game is arcade style, and filled with silly one-liners and the violence is seldom graphic. Add to that the fact that it frequently doesn't use weapons that would be available to a kid wanting to harm his classmates.

Also worth mentioning is the games appeal to both sexes, as well as a playable female character with the exact same capabilities as the male characters in the online game.

The online game also allows considerable customization of the characters appearance, from human to alien, as well as different color and armor.

Just some food for thought.

Also, here's a page of reviews of Assassins Creed written by kids. I think it's worth your time to take a look and see if you can counter any.

http://www.commonsensemedia.org/game-reviews/assassins-creed/user-reviews/kids

Best of luck.
---
Conduit2FC(36): 0518 8427 1877
#16Hawke0Posted 11/15/2012 6:37:08 PM
^all great ideas, as usual.
---
C2 FC: 0562-2516-9316 Idiot definition of the week, Generic: Any game that is in first person and/or involves guns. Use: "Dur, Bioshock is so generic"
#17jasonrk7bPosted 11/15/2012 9:50:03 PM
What is the purpose of the debate? To sell the game to the audience, or to show which one is actually a better game?
---
Conduit 2 FC's: 0905-7525-6314 (JK)
#18Galasky(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 2:13:54 PM
jasonrk7b posted...
What is the purpose of the debate? To sell the game to the audience, or to show which one is actually a better game?

To show which one is a better game. (and hopefully buy :D)
---
SHADQW - C2 FC: 0862-7209-1729
Proud leader of Dark-Star "If you want to get things done, you must stick together as one." ~ SHADQW