Dark Star is suprisingly easy.

#1CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 11/26/2012 1:43:53 PM
I just started using it yesterday, and its like totally awesome!

The hardest part for me is the whole "Use it or lose it" thing.
I also realize now why rushing DUG always ends up disastrously. A pinned DarkStar user is a terrible and desperate beast.

The other thing thats hard is how the scope changes to secondary, not the secondary button? :\
Also, it takes like 2 seconds to switch to secondary fire, while it instantly changes back to default. So I'm always pressing it twice, and end up waiting for it to change modes, only for it to end up back in default ;_;
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#21PefrogPosted 11/26/2012 2:01:24 PM
I would like everyone to know that I almost always have a darkstar charge. So don't come near me.

Discover, what are you using as a secondary? USP?
---
C2: dug - 3868-8372-1864, B05S^dug - 0047-0791-1923
Conduit: dug - 4898-3703-8171
#3KainWindPosted 11/26/2012 2:04:16 PM
More like a lot harder than it looks.
---
I had this incredibly, unbelievably, amazingly, fantastically directionally-challenged guy with me right here...
http://i.imgur.com/p0ZKo.png
#4CHAINMAILLEKID(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 2:25:52 PM(edited)
1Pefrog posted...
I would like everyone to know that I almost always have a darkstar charge. So don't come near me.

Discover, what are you using as a secondary? USP?

No, MP5.
I don't want more than one USP loadout, and currently I'm using it with the Eclipse.

I was thinking of what an interesting Darkstar loadout might be.
I came up with this:

Darkstar.
USP.
Ammo Salvage.
Metal Legs.
Super Charger
Improved Melee.

Thought it would be fun to just constantly run around tagging people, and leaving them for dead. And the ammo salvage would leave you with an totally endless supply of tags, so one would be able to go absolutely mad with them. Mad I Say!
Might be terrible for Sanctum, but would probably be excellent for Precipice and Streets.
I need to try it out.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#5CHAINMAILLEKID(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 4:35:57 PM
Just got a chance to try that loadout.

Did pretty good. Biggest problem was I couldn't leave well enough alone.
If all I do is tag and run, I should be safe. And those tags may not do a ton of damage, but they finish people off, and keep people out of the game for a while. HUGE team benifit.

Biggest problem was Manticore.
When he bunnyhops, the game doesn't know if he's standing on the ground, or if he's somewhere in the air, so it just decides that he really isn't anywhere at all.

He was virtually un-tagable.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#6CynralKynathelPosted 11/26/2012 4:59:16 PM
Try:
Dark Star
USP
Any grenade (I use frags)
Ammo Salvage
Stabilizer
Quickness
Anything (I use improv energy)

Stabilizer so you will make shots while walking and to help with the USP and quickness for help switching between weapons. Lastly, ammo salvage because the dark star runs out of ammo quickly.
---
Pseudo-official Co-'Pun'-isher of the Conduit 2 Board. Free-Lancer clan FTW! Too bad you can't join.
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/23206541.jpg
#7Aiden-OJPosted 11/26/2012 5:18:18 PM
CynralKynathel posted...
Try:
Dark Star
USP
Ammo Salvage
Stabilizer
Quickness

Stabilizer so you will make shots while walking and to help with the USP and quickness for help switching between weapons. Lastly, ammo salvage because the dark star runs out of ammo quickly.

COPYER
---
360 GT: ajwmawesome ||| Now playing: 007 Legends, Minecraft 360.
The Best Conduit 2 Message Board: http://conduitwii.boards.net
#8Symphonia46Posted 11/26/2012 6:05:26 PM
Aiden-OJ posted...
CynralKynathel posted...
Try:
Dark Star
USP
Ammo Salvage
Stabilizer
Quickness

COPYER

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=6325225
---
"Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?" -Phoenix Wright
Why are you looking at this signature again?
#91PefrogPosted 11/26/2012 6:09:33 PM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
Just got a chance to try that loadout.

Did pretty good. Biggest problem was I couldn't leave well enough alone.
If all I do is tag and run, I should be safe. And those tags may not do a ton of damage, but they finish people off, and keep people out of the game for a while. HUGE team benifit.

Biggest problem was Manticore.
When he bunnyhops, the game doesn't know if he's standing on the ground, or if he's somewhere in the air, so it just decides that he really isn't anywhere at all.

He was virtually un-tagable.

I have tried that with double energy instead of ammo salvage. Problem is that there are so many shotgunners and good usp users that it is hard to defend yourself once they see you and come after you. Unless you are good with the usp.
---
C2: dug - 3868-8372-1864, B05S^dug - 0047-0791-1923
Conduit: dug - 4898-3703-8171
#10danner12Posted 11/26/2012 7:19:24 PM
If you catch a tag with the AEGIS device and use it to get a kill does the AEGIS device then have the ability to fire a black hole? Or if you tag and kill an opponent other than the dark star user does the dark star user then have a level 1 active?