A tribute to this game R.I.P

#1ninjainthetreesPosted 12/1/2012 1:27:51 PM
I loved the Conduit games; there was someting special about them - a nostalgic charm that permeated them that other games didnt have. the games oozed the 90s sci fi vibe of such games like perfect dark, half life and even Turok.

The original conduit is probably the closest we'll get to a 3D FPS version of Contra - the jefferson memorial fight is for me one of the greatest firefights in videogame history. The weapons in this game and its sequel felt so perfect - every one of them hissed and clicked and recoiled JUST RIGHT.

The motion controls made the game feel unlike any other FPS on the market - giving a sense of immersion that other games with dual analog just lack. When you jump over a wall blast your way down a corridor dodging balls of plasma and run into a peice of cover with your health dwindling and hit the reload button praying an enemy doesnt flank you; its like you are there and you did those things yourself.

I just wish that there was an extra difficulty level after the hardest - becasue i completed it on the hardest and wanted even more CONDUIT crack to play.

Looks like we wont geta counduit 3 SO for now - i just want to say R.I.P hopefully one day there will be a Glorious Resurrection where we'll get to fight alongside a space marine Abraham Lincoln in an epic like no one has ever seen before. Good night.
#2CarbonizerMikePosted 12/1/2012 1:30:24 PM
Uh.... there's a Conduit announcement coming within the next 30 days.... allegedly.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watchmeplaynintendo
Status: Jaye killed me - http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/5632/jayemurder.jpg
#3xXAISPXxPosted 12/1/2012 1:31:24 PM
Tsk* tsk* tsk*

You know, HVS said there will be Conduit news at the end of the year. Theoretically, the 21st of December.

This game is still alive. At least, part of it.

Are you ballin Ninja? I'm AISP, nice to meet you.
---
An Invincible Sniper Professional (AISP)
TCon FC: 3954-8764-7672 Conduit 2 FC: 4083-8526-7529
#4xXAISPXxPosted 12/1/2012 1:32:20 PM
CarbonizerMike posted...
Uh.... there's a Conduit announcement coming within the next 30 days.... allegedly.

20...actually ^_^
---
An Invincible Sniper Professional (AISP)
TCon FC: 3954-8764-7672 Conduit 2 FC: 4083-8526-7529
#5B05S_BrennanPosted 12/1/2012 1:33:48 PM
xXAISPXx posted...
CarbonizerMike posted...

20...actually ^_^

That's when the community expects it, but HVS just said before the year is out.
---
(>^.^)>http://conduitwii.boards.net/<(^.^<)
http://www.youtube.com/user/B05SxBrennan?feature=mhee
#6Hawke0Posted 12/1/2012 1:39:12 PM
ninjainthetrees posted...
I loved the Conduit games; there was someting special about them - a nostalgic charm that permeated them that other games didnt have. the games oozed the 90s sci fi vibe of such games like perfect dark, half life and even Turok.

The original conduit is probably the closest we'll get to a 3D FPS version of Contra - the jefferson memorial fight is for me one of the greatest firefights in videogame history. The weapons in this game and its sequel felt so perfect - every one of them hissed and clicked and recoiled JUST RIGHT.

The motion controls made the game feel unlike any other FPS on the market - giving a sense of immersion that other games with dual analog just lack. When you jump over a wall blast your way down a corridor dodging balls of plasma and run into a peice of cover with your health dwindling and hit the reload button praying an enemy doesnt flank you; its like you are there and you did those things yourself.

I just wish that there was an extra difficulty level after the hardest - becasue i completed it on the hardest and wanted even more CONDUIT crack to play.

Looks like we wont geta counduit 3 SO for now - i just want to say R.I.P hopefully one day there will be a Glorious Resurrection where we'll get to fight alongside a space marine Abraham Lincoln in an epic like no one has ever seen before. Good night.

*a single tear falls* that was beautiful.
---
C2 FC: 0562-2516-9316
"Red Steel 2 is not a sword fighting simulator, it is a badass simulator."-Sean Colleli
#7CynralKynathelPosted 12/1/2012 1:42:17 PM
Hawke0 posted...
ninjainthetrees posted...

*a single tear falls* that was beautiful.

I too share that man's sentiments. May the Conduit series rest in peace. Excuse me, I need a tissue. *sobs*
---
Pseudo-official Co-'Pun'-isher of the Conduit 2 Board. Free-Lancer clan FTW! Too bad you can't join.
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/23206541.jpg
#8ninjainthetrees(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 10:40:44 AM
I've just been furiously battling the HALO 4 fans - i dont even know why, i have nothing against halo 4, it seems like an excellent game. Its just painful for me to think about this game anymore.

Its painful to come here to these boards

I need the Conduit SO MUCH.

I wish that i could just live in the neon lit streets of washington which were seen in the original conduit. And every night i would pick up my strike rifle and TPC launcher or carboniszer or the deatomizer mk4 and the shotgun or WHATEVER, all the weapons are like old friends.

Anyway - every night i would pick up my weapons and take to the streets exchanging fire with drudge - one adrenaline pumping fight after another escalating madness and fury - until i got bored and i would return to my apartment to sleep, only to do it all again the next night.

Even now i can hear the hiss and crackle of the bullets and the plasma in the cold night air; and i can see the warm smoking carcasses of drudge glowing like mounds of lava placed decoratively along the street i just run down in a berserker rage.

I reload my strike rifle, hear the squelch of the ammo sphere interact with the biological frame of the weapon - look up- and see about 15 conduits lining the next street.

TAKE A DEEP BREATH and go berserker again.

R.I.P you wonderful game.
#9B05S_BrennanPosted 12/5/2012 10:45:42 AM
Are you a poet?
---
(>^.^)>http://conduitwii.boards.net/<(^.^<)
http://www.youtube.com/user/B05SxBrennan?feature=mhee
#10donkeypunch1116Posted 12/5/2012 10:48:59 AM
*pours 40 to Conduits memory*
---
-
To all of you unwashed masses, I have this to say: You're welcome :)