The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Anyone good at the HVS45?

#11PefrogPosted 12/5/2012 7:04:16 AM
I've been using it to snipe and I can hit noobs (of course) and people who are not moving much (phase riflers), but what other tips are there? Is it useless against spas and people who move around a lot?

I use the aim down sight, dark star, stealth, stabilizer, fast running, improved melee.

I tried it with ammo salvage like Saig did with success, but I didn't know if it was because I was playing against not as good of players. Although bulletbill was there. He lags.

Hawke? I noticed you were hitting me the other day with the HVS45.
---
C2: dug - 3868-8372-1864, B05S^dug - 0047-0791-1923
Conduit: dug - 4898-3703-8171
#2Hawke0Posted 12/5/2012 7:28:31 AM
I've just been trying it out. I can't really remember if I was meeting with any success or not. My suggestion is using it with a double armor carbonizer as a counter sniper weapon.
---
C2 FC: 0562-2516-9316
"Red Steel 2 is not a sword fighting simulator, it is a badass simulator."-Sean Colleli
#3Symphonia46Posted 12/5/2012 8:12:07 AM
I'm good with the HVS45, there's really more of a trick to it than just shooting at heads.
---
"Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?" -Phoenix Wright
http://i.imgur.com/9UUJ0.jpg
#4CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 12/5/2012 10:50:08 AM
I'm pretty good with it.
I want to say I'm the best but... IDK. I've certainly not stayed on top of it lately. :(

To me the big advantage of the HVS is the quickness it offers. You can be taken by surprise by somebody, and still beat them to lining up a headshot. You can also move between targets much more quickly.

And don't forget its CC abilities.
W/ Lock on, it is actually quite easy to get defensive headshots on people who rush you.
Its probably the best long range weapon for CC, aside from the scar.

Oh, and its the most accurate gun in the game, besides the PR, when using the sights.
Its not like other guns, the bullet is near instant.
I think part of the key to using it well is being able to trust it. Because the bullet ALWAYS lands where it says it will.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#5CarbonizerMikePosted 12/5/2012 11:20:41 AM
It is not the most accurate because it has travel time. The bullet doesn't hit instantly at long ranges. The SCAR is more accurate while scoped. Nothing is consistently more accurate than a Carbonizer either.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watchmeplaynintendo
Status: Jaye killed me - http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/5632/jayemurder.jpg
#6CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 12/5/2012 11:45:07 AM
CarbonizerMike posted...
It is not the most accurate because it has travel time. The bullet doesn't hit instantly at long ranges. The SCAR is more accurate while scoped. Nothing is consistently more accurate than a Carbonizer either.

Actually, the bullet is instant.
It has kinda this... tracer that follows the bullet, and that does take a second.
But that isn't the bullet.

Also, the carbonizer isn't a gun. >:{
Its a Giant pasta press, adapted for radioactive blue play dough.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#7easter85Posted 12/5/2012 1:17:30 PM
my HVS45 loadout:

Spas12
HVS.45
---------
frag
---------
heavy armor
ammo belt
supercharger
light armor

i shoot once with the spas close range, and if that doesnt kill them i switch to hvs and shoot them once with that. for long range, i just shoot a couple times with HVS and if i dont get a kill within 4 shots, i run in with my Spas
---
~Proud leader of [UKM]~
[UKM]easter Friend Code :-: idk yet
#8xXAISPXxPosted 12/5/2012 2:01:32 PM
1Pefrog posted...
I've been using it to snipe and I can hit noobs (of course) and people who are not moving much (phase riflers), but what other tips are there? Is it useless against spas and people who move around a lot?

I use the aim down sight, dark star, stealth, stabilizer, fast running, improved melee.

I tried it with ammo salvage like Saig did with success, but I didn't know if it was because I was playing against not as good of players. Although bulletbill was there. He lags.

Me and Cynric had an HVS battle a while ago. It was a close battle. Don't just shoot a bunch of times when scoping. The HVS has a very small amount of ammo. Focus and shoot when you can.

When you are going close combat, it is best to switch to your primary weapon; but if you want a challenge, use the HVS to get body shots which will significantly damage your prey. You use the dark star... so you could get in tight situations.

In your case, the dark star is a hit-and-switch weapon. Since you use the HVS, you won't get any success with the hit-and-switch strategy. So what I am saying is I don't recommend using the HVS with the Dark Star unless you can kill with the dark star and ONLY the dark star.
---
An Invincible Sniper Professional (AISP)
TCon FC: 3954-8764-7672 Conduit 2 FC: 4083-8526-7529
#9CynralKynathelPosted 12/5/2012 2:25:47 PM
xXAISPXx posted...
1Pefrog posted...

Me and Cynric had an HVS battle a while ago. It was a close battle. Don't just shoot a bunch of times when scoping. The HVS has a very small amount of ammo. Focus and shoot when you can.

When you are going close combat, it is best to switch to your primary weapon; but if you want a challenge, use the HVS to get body shots which will significantly damage your prey. You use the dark star... so you could get in tight situations.

In your case, the dark star is a hit-and-switch weapon. Since you use the HVS, you won't get any success with the hit-and-switch strategy. So what I am saying is I don't recommend using the HVS with the Dark Star unless you can kill with the dark star and ONLY the dark star.

Lots and lots of this. It's one of those guns that you shouldn't use as your primary. I'm pretty good but definitely not the best. Use it against campers as well, easy to sneak up and headshot. Hmmm, I wonder how that would work with an ARC...
---
Pseudo-official Co-'Pun'-isher of the Conduit 2 Board. Free-Lancer clan FTW! Too bad you can't join.
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/23206541.jpg
#101Pefrog(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 4:51:06 PM
Symphonia46 posted...
I'm good with the HVS45, there's really more of a trick to it than just shooting at heads.

Heads are small right? What's the trick? No need to worry, I won't use it against you. You move erratically.
---
C2: dug - 3868-8372-1864, B05S^dug - 0047-0791-1923
Conduit: dug - 4898-3703-8171