What is the taco shotter?

#1Orient33Posted 12/5/2012 9:56:23 AM
Here the word all the time but I dont know what it means. Guessing its slang for the tpc launcher?
#2CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 12/5/2012 10:03:41 AM
Its a gun that used to be in Con2, but they removed it because it was OP.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#3Orient33(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 10:14:40 AM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...

Oh shoot...I had no idea. What was it like? Any pics? Info?
#4CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 12/5/2012 10:20:22 AM
Orient33 posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...

I think Dacheatcode is using it in some of his old Replay videos.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#5Orient33(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 10:35:59 AM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
Orient33 posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...

Nothing on youtube, can you tell me where I would find these vids pls?
#6CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 12/5/2012 10:47:03 AM
Orient33 posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
Orient33 posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...

Nothing on youtube, can you tell me where I would find these vids pls?

I'm not sure. I wasn't very active back then.
Liger and Punch should both know though.

If they're not on, I'm sure you could PM them.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#7LigersRulePosted 12/5/2012 10:53:11 AM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...

No need. I was summoned.

The taco shotter was an extremely overpowered gun. For it's default fire, it fired a taco that exploded in the air in a glorious display of meat, cheese and lettuce. Not normal meat and cheese, though. The cheese was acidic. If it landed on anybody, it slowly drained away their health and spread to anybody they came withing 2 feet of. The meat acted as miniature TPC bullets. They exploded in an electrical current thing, dealing as much damage as the TPC bullets themselves. The lettuce, however, was normal lettuce and didn't do anything.

HVS removed it about 2 weeks after launch, because literally every match had a taco shotting noob in it. It was so much worse than the SMAW. It almost literally made matches unplayable.

HVS removed all footage of it from the internet, for fear of people learning about their terrible attempts at balance. I have some footage on my computer, but I fear if I upload it and post the link here, my account will be banned, and I've had this account way too long to let that happen. Sorry :/
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/LigsGames
Subscribers:13 Views: 365
#8MindesynPosted 12/5/2012 10:56:47 AM
I used to run Taco and RD and I was RoTing all over the place. SO many blaster kills in HC...
---
Conduit 2: http://i.imgur.com/BXZAJ.jpg
"WiFi is WiFi and it's WiFi so it's just going to be WiFi" -Keet
#9Orient33(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 11:02:28 AM
LigersRule posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...

No need. I was summoned.

The taco shotter was an extremely overpowered gun. For it's default fire, it fired a taco that exploded in the air in a glorious display of meat, cheese and lettuce. Not normal meat and cheese, though. The cheese was acidic. If it landed on anybody, it slowly drained away their health and spread to anybody they came withing 2 feet of. The meat acted as miniature TPC bullets. They exploded in an electrical current thing, dealing as much damage as the TPC bullets themselves. The lettuce, however, was normal lettuce and didn't do anything.

HVS removed it about 2 weeks after launch, because literally every match had a taco shotting noob in it. It was so much worse than the SMAW. It almost literally made matches unplayable.

HVS removed all footage of it from the internet, for fear of people learning about their terrible attempts at balance. I have some footage on my computer, but I fear if I upload it and post the link here, my account will be banned, and I've had this account way too long to let that happen. Sorry :/

DAAAAAANNGGGGGG...

lol'd so hard. HVS are my new fav devs, never thought tacos could be dangerous lol. Thx.
#10ChangliniPosted 12/5/2012 11:24:06 AM
It was going to be a weapon that basically acknowledged the DaOs campaign that this board was doing back before and during release, it would also accompany the Orange soda machine in doing so.

HVSTony did mention that despite some progress, it never really got off the ground in its development.
---
The refurbish NER, oh how you've redeemed me.
Walker, you're here because you wanted to be something you're not, a hero ~Konrad