What is the taco shotter?

#11CarbonizerMikePosted 12/5/2012 12:27:34 PM
Changlini posted...
It was going to be a weapon that basically acknowledged the DaOs campaign that this board was doing back before and during release, it would also accompany the Orange soda machine in doing so.

HVSTony did mention that despite some progress, it never really got off the ground in its development.

How about if you could simply call in an airstrike that drops a soda machine on somebody, killing them instantly? Sort of like death by care package, except it's intentional.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watchmeplaynintendo
Status: Jaye killed me - http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/5632/jayemurder.jpg
#12HungoverHero777Posted 12/5/2012 12:28:25 PM
Are you freaking serious?!?! I'm pretty sure I got the game only about a week after it came out!!! FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU-
---
The Great Mighty Poo sings better than JB. Agree: 10 Disagree: 0 PM me for your choice.
Official "Co-Pun-isher" of the C2 board. IlThe AR-C Expert II
#13Orient33(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 12:30:19 PM
are there any vids of this thing at all? can some1 send mebthroguh pm or even justtell me the name of the vuy who has some vids on utube?
#14CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 12/5/2012 12:31:27 PM
CarbonizerMike posted...
Changlini posted...
It was going to be a weapon that basically acknowledged the DaOs campaign that this board was doing back before and during release, it would also accompany the Orange soda machine in doing so.

HVSTony did mention that despite some progress, it never really got off the ground in its development.

How about if you could simply call in an airstrike that drops a soda machine on somebody, killing them instantly? Sort of like death by care package, except it's intentional.

That would be amazing.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#15Rybuger1Posted 12/5/2012 12:52:00 PM
Orient33 posted...
are there any vids of this thing at all? can some1 send mebthroguh pm or even justtell me the name of the vuy who has some vids on utube?

The Taco Shotter was a something the devs joked about pre-release. It was never in the game.

/fun
#16easter85Posted 12/5/2012 1:10:17 PM
oh so it was an actual gun. i thought HVS was thinking about puttin git in the game but realized it was probably a bad idea
---
~Proud leader of [UKM]~
[UKM]easter Friend Code :-: idk yet
#17easter85Posted 12/5/2012 1:28:57 PM
LigersRule posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
I'm not sure. I wasn't very active back then.
Liger and Punch should both know though.

If they're not on, I'm sure you could PM them.

No need. I was summoned.

The taco shotter was an extremely overpowered gun. For it's default fire, it fired a taco that exploded in the air in a glorious display of meat, cheese and lettuce. Not normal meat and cheese, though. The cheese was acidic. If it landed on anybody, it slowly drained away their health and spread to anybody they came withing 2 feet of. The meat acted as miniature TPC bullets. They exploded in an electrical current thing, dealing as much damage as the TPC bullets themselves. The lettuce, however, was normal lettuce and didn't do anything.

HVS removed it about 2 weeks after launch, because literally every match had a taco shotting noob in it. It was so much worse than the SMAW. It almost literally made matches unplayable.

HVS removed all footage of it from the internet, for fear of people learning about their terrible attempts at balance. I have some footage on my computer, but I fear if I upload it and post the link here, my account will be banned, and I've had this account way too long to let that happen. Sorry :/

can u send me the link to the video over PM
---
~Proud leader of [UKM]~
[UKM]easter Friend Code :-: idk yet
#18LigersRulePosted 12/5/2012 1:35:16 PM
easter85 posted...
can u send me the link to the video over PM

I really can't. I could get my account suspended. If I uploaded the video to youtube, I could get my channel taken down, and I'm somewhat proud of my channel.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/LigsGames
Subscribers:13 Views: 365
#19xXAISPXxPosted 12/5/2012 1:38:55 PM
LigersRule posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
I'm not sure. I wasn't very active back then.
Liger and Punch should both know though.

If they're not on, I'm sure you could PM them.

No need. I was summoned.

The taco shotter was an extremely overpowered gun. For it's default fire, it fired a taco that exploded in the air in a glorious display of meat, cheese and lettuce. Not normal meat and cheese, though. The cheese was acidic. If it landed on anybody, it slowly drained away their health and spread to anybody they came withing 2 feet of. The meat acted as miniature TPC bullets. They exploded in an electrical current thing, dealing as much damage as the TPC bullets themselves. The lettuce, however, was normal lettuce and didn't do anything.

HVS removed it about 2 weeks after launch, because literally every match had a taco shotting noob in it. It was so much worse than the SMAW. It almost literally made matches unplayable.

HVS removed all footage of it from the internet, for fear of people learning about their terrible attempts at balance. I have some footage on my computer, but I fear if I upload it and post the link here, my account will be banned, and I've had this account way too long to let that happen. Sorry :/

I knew what it was...as I looked in the past. I really wanted to see it too. Was this real????????
---
An Invincible Sniper Professional (AISP)
TCon FC: 3954-8764-7672 Conduit 2 FC: 4083-8526-7529
#20Orient33(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 3:23:40 PM
Rybuger1 posted...
Orient33 posted...

The Taco Shotter was a something the devs joked about pre-release. It was never in the game.

/fun

Aw :( And sry for bad grammar, typing on my ps vita.