AEGIS and the Carbonizer or SMAW

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Conduit 2
  3. AEGIS and the Carbonizer or SMAW

User Info: xXAISPXx

xXAISPXx
3 years ago#1
Does the Carbonizer go through the shield? How does that work out? Can the AEGIS catch the SMAW grenades?
TCon-{AISP FC: 3954-8764-7672}
Con2-{AISP FC: 4083-8526-7529 HC-AISP FC: 4642-7312-4915}

User Info: HungoverHero777

HungoverHero777
3 years ago#2
I can confirm that the Aegis can catch SMAW rockets, provided they're shot AT you and not the ground, of course.
The Great Mighty Poo sings better than JB. Agree: 11 Disagree: 0 PM me for your choice.
Official "Co-Pun-isher" of the C2 board. IlThe AR-C Expert II

User Info: CynralKynathel

CynralKynathel
3 years ago#3
Carby doesn't go through the shield, but you don't grab anything either. It's like the 2 higher powers clash with such force that they even each other out.
Pseudo-official Co-'Pun'-isher of the Conduit 2 Board. Free-Lancer clan FTW! Too bad you can't join.
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/23206541.jpg

User Info: jasonrk7b

jasonrk7b
3 years ago#4
It'd be so cool if I could shoot Carbonizer shots back like a mirror, taking into account angle of incident etc.

But as is, it will block the lazer, but that's it. No shooting it back.

And it will catch a SMAW rocket, but it wont protect you from a blast (like it hits the ground), which in my mind, makes no sense.
Conduit 2 FC's: 0905-7525-6314 (JK)

User Info: xXAISPXx

xXAISPXx
3 years ago#5
jasonrk7b posted...
It'd be so cool if I could shoot Carbonizer shots back like a mirror, taking into account angle of incident etc.

And it will catch a SMAW rocket, but it wont protect you from a blast (like it hits the ground), which in my mind, makes no sense.

That would be cool! Just don't kill yourself.
TCon-{AISP FC: 3954-8764-7672}
Con2-{AISP FC: 4083-8526-7529 HC-AISP FC: 4642-7312-4915}

User Info: 1Pefrog

1Pefrog
3 years ago#6
I have caught 1 or 2 rockets. It is pretty rare because most shoot it at your feet. The phase rifle is the interesting one to catch. Cannot catch behind a wall but if there is no wall then yes. Doesn't make sense.
C2: dug - 3868-8372-1864, B05S^dug - 0047-0791-1923
Conduit: dug - 4898-3703-8171

User Info: jasonrk7b

jasonrk7b
3 years ago#7
1Pefrog posted...
I have caught 1 or 2 rockets. It is pretty rare because most shoot it at your feet. The phase rifle is the interesting one to catch. Cannot catch behind a wall but if there is no wall then yes. Doesn't make sense.

But since the bullet moves so slow on the return, what's the point -_-

Good for closing ground though I guess
Conduit 2 FC's: 0905-7525-6314 (JK)

User Info: Drift2Nova

Drift2Nova
3 years ago#8
jasonrk7b posted...

Physics! That would rock!(et)
Me and ButtDwarf (good times) http://puu.sh/td6a
KG and I fail at invasion --> http://youtu.be/SWBUZkHIoKw

User Info: HungoverHero777

HungoverHero777
3 years ago#9
Drift2Nova posted...
jasonrk7b posted...

Physics! That would rock!(et)

Heeeeyyyyy.... are you sure you want to go there?
The Great Mighty Poo sings better than JB. Agree: 11 Disagree: 0 PM me for your choice.
Official "Co-Pun-isher" of the C2 board. IlThe AR-C Expert II

User Info: danner12

danner12
3 years ago#10
A teammate can also fire their smaw into your shield giving you a smaw round to fire.

I have caught a phase rifle shot , fired it back and got a kill. The phase rifle acts differently when it is phase tuned as opposed to hitting a target in the open. I think when it phase tunes and shoots through solid material it does more damage.
  1. Boards
  2. Conduit 2
  3. AEGIS and the Carbonizer or SMAW

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived