AEGIS and the Carbonizer or SMAW

#11Darcsen8Posted 12/11/2012 11:58:53 AM
xXAISPXx posted...
Does the Carbonizer go through the shield? How does that work out? Can the AEGIS catch the SMAW grenades?

The Aegis Device only blocks the direct beam on the shield. Splash Damage can still hurt the Aegis Device user unfortenately. You cannot reflect the beam.

The Aegis Device can catch SMAW grenades and is able to hold two at the same time I believe.
#12CarbonizerMikePosted 12/11/2012 12:20:05 PM
Darcsen8 posted...
xXAISPXx posted...
Does the Carbonizer go through the shield? How does that work out? Can the AEGIS catch the SMAW grenades?

The Aegis Device only blocks the direct beam on the shield. Splash Damage can still hurt the Aegis Device user unfortenately. You cannot reflect the beam.

The Aegis Device can catch SMAW grenades and is able to hold two at the same time I believe.

There is no such thing as splash damage from a Carbonizer. Either the beam hits you or it doesn't. There is a chain lightning jump, but that's not splash damage. It's something entirely different.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watchmeplaynintendo
Status: Jaye killed me - http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/5632/jayemurder.jpg
#13xXAISPXx(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 12:48:23 PM
CarbonizerMike posted...
Darcsen8 posted...
xXAISPXx posted...

There is no such thing as splash damage from a Carbonizer. Either the beam hits you or it doesn't. There is a chain lightning jump, but that's not splash damage. It's something entirely different.

True. I slapped Explosive focus with the Carbonizer and got success with that. Wierd.

Ive gotten headshots woth the lightning effect. I wouldnt consider the Carbonizer's beam a "beam" but an electric discharge?
---
TCon-{AISP FC: 3954-8764-7672}
Con2-{AISP FC: 4083-8526-7529 HC-AISP FC: 4642-7312-4915}
#14Darcsen8Posted 12/12/2012 6:41:09 AM
CarbonizerMike posted...
Darcsen8 posted...
xXAISPXx posted...

Could be. I just used the term for the lack of a better word, but I I do believe that the Carbonizer is able to inflict damage besides the "direct" beam. I believe that I tried it out once by placing a player next to the wall and used the Carbonizer to shoot at wall right next to him and was still able to damage the player.
Or I didn't shoot far enough from the players which meant I was still hitting him directly.