Got a Kill City with the Aegis Device.

#1Hawke0Posted 12/12/2012 9:41:34 PM
Not a RoT, but it's still an accomplishment.

Btw, I need a Carbonizer user who also has the TPC unlocked and energy upgrades to run some tests. I want to see if an Aegis Device+Ammo Salvage+rads+bomb bag+blinding powder+other loadout can effectively counter a carby tank, then I want to see if damage upgrades are taken into account when the AEGIS doubles damage upon returning fire. A naked TPC kills in three shots and a TPC with imp. Energy kills in two shots, right?

If so, an imp. energy TPC returned shot should be a one hit kill, so if you have a teammate with that weapon...*evil grin*. I'd also like to practice shooting TPC shots/grenades in an environment that doesn't have me die when I inevitably mess up.

Also, do you know what would really make the Aegis better without being OP? Faster bullet travel (they should travel at the same speed as they normally do, if not faster) speed, and a short-medium range scope as an alt fire.
---
C2 FC: 0562-2516-9316
"Red Steel 2 is not a sword fighting simulator, it is a badass simulator."-Sean Colleli
#2Orient33Posted 12/12/2012 9:42:06 PM
Hawke0 posted...
Not a RoT, but it's still an accomplishment.

Btw, I need a Carbonizer user who also has the TPC unlocked and energy upgrades to run some tests. I want to see if an Aegis Device+Ammo Salvage+rads+bomb bag+blinding powder+other loadout can effectively counter a carby tank, then I want to see if damage upgrades are taken into account when the AEGIS doubles damage upon returning fire. A naked TPC kills in three shots and a TPC with imp. Energy kills in two shots, right?

If so, an imp. energy TPC returned shot should be a one hit kill, so if you have a teammate with that weapon...*evil grin*. I'd also like to practice shooting TPC shots/grenades in an environment that doesn't have me die when I inevitably mess up.

Also, do you know what would really make the Aegis better without being OP? Faster bullet travel (they should travel at the same speed as they normally do, if not faster) speed, and a short-medium range scope as an alt fire.

I'll do it. Wer're friended so yeah
#3Orient33Posted 12/12/2012 9:44:25 PM
As for the improvement, I would say maybe the aegis's shield should be invisible. Sounds dumb but honsetly noone is dumb enough to shoot an an AEGIS Device user (unless its by accident) when the guy clearly has his shield up.
#4Hawke0(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 9:47:49 PM
You'd be surprised.
---
"Red Steel 2 is not a sword fighting simulator, it is a badass simulator."-Sean Colleli
#5Hawke0(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 9:48:33 PM
What do you say to 5:00 PM PST tomorrow?
---
#6PedroScarPosted 12/12/2012 9:51:15 PM
you seem to underestimate people :p, btw, I dont think it'll improve the damage since youre not firing it yourself and the Aegis would be great with upgraded speed, would love that, but the altnfire is the shield already :/
---
The stimulating electricity! The falling oxygen gauge! The curious comfort of the felynes carrying you back to camp!
#7Orient33Posted 12/12/2012 9:51:21 PM
Hawke0 posted...
What do you say to 5:00 PM PST tomorrow?

Friday or saturday generally works best for me. Friday 3:00 pm. Pacific?
If that's when ur school ends we could do it later i guess, 5:00 pm. works for me too, but not after 6:50 pm. or so. I have to go at 6:50.
#8Hawke0(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 9:52:17 PM
OK, Friday. I just always say 5:00 PM PST because it usually works for everyone on this continent.
---
#9Orient33Posted 12/12/2012 10:05:57 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10Darcsen8Posted 12/13/2012 7:39:55 AM
Hawke0 posted...

The Aegis Device should block Melee Attacks and Explosive (Splash) Damage when the shield is up. I believe that these are the two major flaws.

The bullet speed is fine to me, it's part of the learning curve of the weapon. Not every weapon should be easy to use for the first time, you should practice with it. The Dark Star requires some practice for example. Well, except the SMAW I guess <_<.