Got a Kill City with the Aegis Device.

#11Symphonia46Posted 12/13/2012 7:56:34 AM
Alt fire: Gravity Grab

Using the alt fire, the AEGIS device will launch a tinted wave that looks like ripples in the air. When the wave grabs hold of the bullets,grenades, etc and returns to your shield. This makes grabbing missiles, grenades, etc. easier for you and it helps out your teammates.
---
"Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?" -Phoenix Wright
http://i.imgur.com/9UUJ0.jpg
#12Hawke0(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 8:15:14 AM
Darcsen8 posted...
Hawke0 posted...

Also, do you know what would really make the Aegis better without being OP? Faster bullet travel (they should travel at the same speed as they normally do, if not faster) speed, and a short-medium range scope as an alt fire.

The Aegis Device should block Melee Attacks and Explosive (Splash) Damage when the shield is up. I believe that these are the two major flaws.

The bullet speed is fine to me, it's part of the learning curve of the weapon. Not every weapon should be easy to use for the first time, you should practice with it. The Dark Star requires some practice for example. Well, except the SMAW I guess <_<.

Block melee? No, that would be a little too powerful. If you have Blinding Powder, an enemy meleeing you gives you a big window to kill them.
---
C2 FC: 0562-2516-9316
"Red Steel 2 is not a sword fighting simulator, it is a badass simulator."-Sean Colleli
#13CynralKynathelPosted 12/13/2012 6:47:06 PM
Hawke0 posted...
Darcsen8 posted...
Hawke0 posted...

Also, do you know what would really make the Aegis better without being OP? Faster bullet travel (they should travel at the same speed as they normally do, if not faster) speed, and a short-medium range scope as an alt fire.

The Aegis Device should block Melee Attacks and Explosive (Splash) Damage when the shield is up. I believe that these are the two major flaws.

The bullet speed is fine to me, it's part of the learning curve of the weapon. Not every weapon should be easy to use for the first time, you should practice with it. The Dark Star requires some practice for example. Well, except the SMAW I guess <_<.

Block melee? No, that would be a little too powerful. If you have Blinding Powder, an enemy meleeing you gives you a big window to kill them.

I think the problem is the bullet speed. If you have a hard time hitting someone 10m away from you, then I think the bullets are going too slow. Part of the problem is letting go of the shield, potentially missing, and running the risk of dying is too high a price for you to fire bullets back. Of they increased it to deatomizer or DarkStar speed, then all would be fine with the gun. It's incredibly hard to hit someone with a bullet that moves slower than a deatomizer shot. Come to think of it, I've never actually been killed by an Aegis device, not one time can I remember.

The other major flaw is that the gun has too many counters. Meleeing, explosive weapons, shooting at their feet (which everyone seems to be able to do for some reason), being shot through the shield with a PR when behind a wall, and the glitch where you don't actually catch the missile/grenade/bullet are all big problems. Nobody wants to shoot the shield when they know what's going to happen. What you want is for a way to make people shoot the shield, e.g. Being able to block all damage from the front while still having those small enough holes in the shield. That will make people want to have the shield to down, or they could try to get behind by any means, like flash grenade. Do one of those two things and I'm sure the gun will be better without being that OP.
---
Pseudo-official Co-'Pun'-isher of the Conduit 2 Board. Free-Lancer clan FTW! Too bad you can't join.
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/23206541.jpg
#14Hawke0(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 7:47:26 PM
But you can actually turn their urge to melee you into an advantage with blinding powder, especially if you take advantage of their radar going haywire. I've found it's better for maneuvering yourself to a point where you have the advantage than actually getting the kill.

Btw, I was playing on Pentagon earlier and it appeared that the shots were hitting my shield but nothing happened. I forgot to look for bullet marks on the ground though.

Really, without lock on showing health it would be much better.
---
C2 FC: 0562-2516-9316
"Red Steel 2 is not a sword fighting simulator, it is a badass simulator."-Sean Colleli