Conduit 2 Weapon Review - Strike Rifle - Guide, Tips, and Strategy

#1CmoIsDaNam3Posted 12/23/2012 5:44:30 PM
Hello C2 GameFAQs community! Welcome to my first guide on Conduit 2's weapons, and a overall review of the weapons, today, I'm fist covering the Strike Rifle, as decided by your votes. Lets get started.

Well, actually, fist I need to go over some basic terminology.

Ballistic Focus: BF
Improved Ballistic Damage: IBD
Energy Focus: EF
Improved Energy Damage: IED
Explosive Focus: ExF
Improved Explosive; IE
Helmet: HM
Heavy Armor: HA
Light Armor: LA
Damage: Dmg
Headshot multiplier: HSM
Charge Damage; C Dmg
Supercharger: SC
Run Speed: RS
Shots to Kill:
Time To Kill: TTK
Rate of Fire: RoF
Close Quarter Battle: CQB

Also, health in C2 is made up of four different sets, and only affects the body, not the head, because it headshots are separate from the body. 100 (Regular), 110 (LA Health) 120 (HA Health), and 130 (HA+LA health)

There you go, NOW, lets get started. :P

BRIEF WEAPON OVERVIEW

Name: Strike Rifle

Category: Energy

Shot to Kill: 1 - 4

Run Speed: (Reg RS, SC RS, HA RS, HA+SC RS) 80.4%, 96.48%, 68.34%, 82.008%

Clip Size: 10

Special Ability: Charge shots, and scope.

DESCRIPTION

The Strike Rifle in C2 has changed from its first incarnation in C1, however, it has changed in a good way, and a bad way.

Back in Conduit 1, the gun was pretty much one of the best, or, the best in skilled hands, with the ability to kill in 1 charged headshot, plus also the ability to fire shots off fairly fast, meant that the Strike Rifle was a force to be reckoned with if you knew how to use it.

Now in Conduit 2, the weapon, while still retaining high damage, now fires only single shots, and each shot is very high, but at a much lower RoF, and the accuracy is much less then in C1, thereby making it still a good weapon, but very hard to master and use for general use.

HOW TO USE

The Strike Rifle is C2 is brand new, and thereby, should be used in a new manner. Thanks to its new way of firing, it means that CQB is very poor, also, despite it high damage that it has, it's not wise to use at long range, as the Phase Rifle will best it ALWAYS, unless you get a lucky headshot, or, your PR opponent is very bad.

So, you might say to your self your self, if it sucks at CQB, and is bad at long range, then the only place its good at is in the middle! And that is where you should use it most times indeed.

Now, if your are being attacked at close range by a SPAS 12, or maybe a SCAR or something else, swap to your secondary, if your being sniped by a PR, RUN FOREST!!! RUN!!! Because you will almost never win against a PR, especially a good PR user. (like Larknok1, he would dominate you every time. lol)

Fire your SR very slowly, at about every 1 second and a half, if you are going to spam, aim for the body, don't go for headshots unless you have the right perks on, or charged shots, as a charge shot headshot will always kill in one hit. ;)

Don't comment yet.
---
Creativity, More, Often.
K I L L, a Conduit 2 Dualtage, IS OUT, check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDQMWdPctqc
#2CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2012 5:44:45 PM
EFFECTIVE LOADOUTS

In order have to most effective use of the Strike Rifle, maxing out the power of the SR and decreasing it weaknesses will put you on a better position to win gun fight, and win matches more often.

Loadout 1: Max Damage Class

EF
Stabilizer
Quickness
IED
Flash grenade
Warp Pistol

This class maxes out the Strike Rifles damage to where a one shot un-charged headshot will kill in one hit, also, and charged shot can kill in one hit depending on the opponents loadout.

Loadout 2: CHARGE SHOTS AHOY!

Capacitor
Stabilizer
Quickness
IED
Warp Pistol/Deatomizer MK4
Flash grenades

This class improves your charge shot, making it more effective overall, make sure you use the Warp Pistol or Deatomizer MK4, as well as going for headshots when charged, as it will always one shot your opponent no matter what, unless he has HM probably. lol

OVERVIEW

Overall the Strike Rifle is a good weapon, with very high damage, however, a lot of things must be in place just for things to go your way to do well, llke be at a mid ranged engagement, fire slow, and have the right perks and such.

From the transition of C1 to C2, the Strike rifle has been nerfed, in not in power then in overall effectiveness, and while you can still do well, it requires you to have good skills, the right positioning, and more, its not a easy weapon to use.

If you feel up to the challenge, then go ahead and use it, it will take a bit of time to get a good feel for it, but, you can do well, just make sure have the right loadouts, and play to the weapons strengths, which is middle ranged battles, and not charging into the enemy, which will likely get you killed, if you think you have the force to use it, go ahead, and you'll find that it will strike you foes down into the ground! :D

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed! :D
---
Creativity, More, Often.
K I L L, a Conduit 2 Dualtage, IS OUT, check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDQMWdPctqc
#3TheOmegaShenPosted 12/23/2012 5:53:20 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4TheOmegaShenPosted 12/23/2012 5:54:06 PM
TheOmegaShen posted...
Number of commas used: 100

Oh, sorry. ...Errr...good job with the SR...

---
Conduit 2: 2838-6032-4718
Casshern Sins
#5CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2012 5:54:12 PM
TheOmegaShen posted...
Number of commas used: 98

xD

You REALLY counted?!!?! LOL
---
Creativity, More, Often.
#6TheOmegaShenPosted 12/23/2012 5:56:42 PM
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...
TheOmegaShen posted...
Number of commas used: 98

xD

You REALLY counted?!!?! LOL

Your abuse of commas started driving me crazy while I was reading your huge wall of text.

Besides, it only took a minute to count them all. ;)
---
Conduit 2: 2838-6032-4718
Casshern Sins
#71PefrogPosted 12/23/2012 6:39:55 PM
Nice work. Where did you get your running percentages?
---
C2: dug - 3868-8372-1864, B05S^dug - 0047-0791-1923
Conduit: dug - 4898-3703-8171
#8CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2012 6:45:46 PM
1Pefrog posted...
Nice work. Where did you get your running percentages?

Lark had a stat chart, just used that, thanks btw! :D
---
Creativity, More, Often.
#9Aiden-OJPosted 12/23/2012 7:24:52 PM
WOW
MOM
---
GT: ajwmawesome - Now playing: 007 Legends, Minecraft 360.
(>^_^)> http://conduitwii.boards.net <(^_^<) Don't be a nub. ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///
#10CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2012 7:31:10 PM
Aiden-OJ posted...
WOW
MOM

Lolwut?
---
Creativity, More, Often.