REDUX - Conduit 2 Weapon Review - USP.45 - Guide, Tips, and Strategy

#1CmoIsDaNam3Posted 12/28/2012 11:01:11 AM
Gonna re-post this because I didn't finish this, the first part is just a re-post though. lol

TERMS

Ballistic Focus: BF
Improved Ballistic Damage: IBD
Energy Focus: EF
Improved Energy Damage: IED
Explosive Focus: ExF
Improved Explosive; IE
Helmet: HM
Heavy Armor: HA
Light Armor: LA
Damage: Dmg
Headshot multiplier: HSM
Charge Damage; C Dmg
Supercharger: SC
Run Speed: RS
Shots to Kill: StK
Time To Kill: TTK
Rate of Fire: RoF
Close Quarter Battle: CQB
Aim Down Sight: ADS

BRIEF WEAPON OVERVIEW

Name: USP.45

Category: Ballistics

StK: 3 - 9

RS (Reg RS, SC RS, HA RS, SC+HA RS)100%, 120%, 85%, 105%

Clip Size: 15

Special Ability: Aim Down Sights

DESCRIPTION

Other weapon from the original Conduit game, however, unlike the last weapon i covered, this weapon hasn't changed much, at least not in function, however, the damage, RoF, and more has been changed, by some margin, and let me tell you why.

Back in C1, the USP.45 was probably, the best secondary, and maybe the best weapon, along side the Strike Rifle, now, it was good for really just two main reasons; one, it had no fire rate cap on it, and two, if you went for headshots, the TTK was INSANE, with these two things combined, in a skilled players hands, the USP.45 was a beast, just ask Hellsing, probably the best, if not one of the best C1 players in the world.

However, the USP in C2 no longer has a insane RoF, but now has a fixed fire rate, its about has fast as the M60 in Call of Duty Black Ops, but, the body shot damage is much higher. The USP in C1 had very low body shot damage, it took 12 rounds out of 18 to kill somebody with the USP, but in C2, its now between 9 to 5 shots, depending on you and your opponents loadout out. Headshots are still a lot, has in C1, it only took 3, and C2, it can only take 3 if you apply one of the ballistic perks on it.

Also, one new feature of Conduit 2's USP.45, is that the weapon uses its iron sights, however, its not really all the useful, but we'll get into later.

HOW TO USE

The USP.45 is has changed in some areas, but overall, its still maintained its place as the best secondary. Its effective ranges are cqb, and mid range battles, however, long ranged battles are is not where its suited, and even though its the second best secondary for it, the TTK at this range will be too slow, and using it compared to a Phase Rifle, Strike Rifle, or SCAR, will lose almost every time. However, within its effective range, it is very effective, killing people fast if you can hit about 80% of your shots, however, miss about half of your mag, its pretty slow, but, thankfully, the USP.45 hip-fire is awesome, so hip-fire at close range to kill people, but now, what about that aim down sights? Is it good? Bad? What is it? Well, if you let me, i will tell you. :P

The ADS is very bad at almost any range, only mid ranged, still targets because if you start firing people at close range ADS, you will have to track them as you fire, and are more likely to miss, also, long range is bad because you will miss a lot of your shots due to the spread at range, so, only use ADS when people are standing still, at mid range.

Also, fun fact, the USP.45 is THE fastest weapon in C2, it has the fastest swap time, run speed, and I think reload to, so what does this mean? Well, it means a lot of things, first, if you are using slow weapons, switching to the USP will allow you to cover more ground, and retreat to cover faster then with your primary. Second, it make a great secondary for when your primary weapon is lacking, or when your clip runs out, and last thing, you can use this as a primary weapon, its just that good!

Don't post yet, still got more to type. :P
---
Creativity, More, Often.
K I L L, a Conduit 2 Dualtage, IS OUT, check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDQMWdPctqc
#2CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 11:20:04 AM
PRIMARYS TO PAIR WITH

The USP.45 is secondary, so we have to have a primary to pair it with, but in truth though, no primary is a bad primary to pair it with, the only exception is that the USP.45 should not be pair with energy weapons if you are using energy upgrades, so, overall, it don't matter!

EFFECTIVE LOADOUTS

The USP.45 has a lot of loadouts to it, however, two will be focusing on, speed, and power.

Loadout 1: 45 ACP Power!

Ballistic Focus
Stabilizer
Quickness
Improved Ballistic Damage
Frag nade

This loadout focuses on power pretty much, with this loadout, you can kill un-armored opponents with 5 shots to the body, or 3 to the head, making TTK very quick indeed.

Loadout 2: Too Fast Bruh, Too Fast

Ballistic Focus
Metal Legs
Supercharger
Improved Ballistic Damage
Any nade of choice

This is probably an ever better loadout, due to it still having high damage, but better mobility overall, allowing you to run circles around any opponent, and making you escape danger very quickly.

OVERVIEW

The USP.45 in C1 was a beast if you used it right, and the same is true even true in C2, but because the USP.45 in C2 has a lower learning curve, makes it even better.

The USP.45 also befits from being the fastest overall secondary in Conduit 2, in pretty much everything but TTK, and even that is fast enough to get the jump on somebody.

As far as the transition from The Conduit to Conduit 2, it has changed, but in overall effectiveness, its been buffed, thanks to ease of use, high damage, and best handling traits

The USP.45 is a good weapon, and is probably one of the best weapons in Conduit 2, period, so, it you feel like dominating, use it, and win.

Thanks for reading. :D

~Cmo
---
Creativity, More, Often.
K I L L, a Conduit 2 Dualtage, IS OUT, check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDQMWdPctqc
#3Orient33Posted 12/28/2012 11:44:04 AM
Good, but I personally think the ADS is worth using. It works well at long range and I've gotten kills at mid range with it too if I shoot fast enough. As long as u spam the trigger fast enough, it works.
#41PefrogPosted 12/28/2012 11:48:32 AM
Orient33 posted...
Good, but I personally think the ADS is worth using. It works well at long range and I've gotten kills at mid range with it too if I shoot fast enough. As long as u spam the trigger fast enough, it works.

agreed
---
C2: dug - 3868-8372-1864, B05S^dug - 0047-0791-1923
Conduit: dug - 4898-3703-8171
#5CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 12:00:11 PM
Orient33 posted...

Its not that is never worth using, but its just not that good enough, besides, if you have a better primary to use for long range, use it! lol
---
Creativity, More, Often.
#6CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 12:02:07 PM
1Pefrog posted...
Orient33 posted...

agreed

But how many times have you been able to kill people at long range with the pistol compared to a Strike Rifle, or a SCAR, or a Phase Rifle. Just saying.
---
Creativity, More, Often.
#71PefrogPosted 12/28/2012 12:05:28 PM
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...
1Pefrog posted...
Orient33 posted...

agreed

But how many times have you been able to kill people at long range with the pistol compared to a Strike Rifle, or a SCAR, or a Phase Rifle. Just saying.

I don't use those weapons, so the usp45 ADS makes for a good alternative. You are right, those other weapons are better at long range.
---
C2: dug - 3868-8372-1864, B05S^dug - 0047-0791-1923
Conduit: dug - 4898-3703-8171
#8Orient33Posted 12/28/2012 12:37:26 PM
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...
1Pefrog posted...
Orient33 posted...

agreed

U have a point. It's just that for some weapons like the spas, ppl use the USP alot. It's a good alternative secondary for long range when the HVS isn't ideal for the loadout.