The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Where is conduit 3 news.

#1games1256Posted 12/29/2012 6:42:50 PM
So where is the conduit 3 news that everyone thought was going to happen and denied the truth of how HVS is doing and would be unable to get a publisher.
#2RotA_ExodiaPosted 12/29/2012 6:54:20 PM
Hopefully not SEGA.
---
G.Roman, El_Capwn, TvoKing, Mr.Ford, RvdV23, AsmPrime, OP08
Proud Member of the RotA Clan! RotA/Exodia
#3games1256(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 6:58:45 PM
RotA_Exodia posted...
Hopefully not SEGA.

Sega was fine they gave The conduit a chance bad game.

Then conduit 2 they only released because of the contract. Conduit 2 sold poorly because of people hating the conduit. Not because of lack of ads or copies in stores. For amount of copies stores chose how many they wanted to buy based on how it will sell. No publisher can force stores to buy a game or certain amount of copies.
#4Ultimate_Mr_DPosted 12/29/2012 7:05:24 PM
games1256 posted...
So where is the conduit 3 news that everyone thought was going to happen and denied the truth of how HVS is doing and would be unable to get a publisher.

have you checked the toilet lately.
---
"Some say the glass is half empty. Others say it's half full. I say it's a glass of water, now drink it.
#5old_man_mossyPosted 12/29/2012 7:36:42 PM
RotA_Exodia posted...
Hopefully not SEGA.

sega didn't do so well with the M and T rated titles they tried on the wii. They likely will just keep their head down and push Sonic, and other less experimental crap.

I think TCON could have been a great game, still liked the premise. Too bad glitches and hackers drove most fans away with a bad taste in their mouth. For the number of copies Sega printed...well sure it's sales were low...but as someone once mentioned here...almost all copies printed, sold.

Should the series see a part 3 I'd be shocked to see SEGA anywhere near it as a publisher. With the way the Wii U seems to want to court the indie crowd and has finally come around to direct download, print budgets and shipping costs, as well as various vendors worrying about how many copies to 'pre purchase' to flip will be a non factor. Perhaps they won't even need a publisher in the traditional sense. Depends on their working relationship with Nintendo, I guess.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me in the least to get information from HVS on more of their IP stuff coming out...fiscal cliff or not, lol.
---
"Insurrection is the most sacred of the rights and the most idispensible of duties" - Marquis de La Fayette
#6LigersRulePosted 12/29/2012 7:50:59 PM
Excuse me, Mr. Games? Have you like, taken a stats class or something? Cause I'm guessing by what you think, you're still in high school. Maybe even middle school.

I want you to take a look at an old topic.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/991817-conduit-2/54152891

That was a topic where a game developer from HVS made fun of someone EXACTLY like you for saying the exact same things you are. Just saying, we don't know what any game developer is thinking. Look at Valve. Half Life 2 episode 2, Portal 2, Left 4 Dead 2, and Team Fortress 2 are all some of the best selling and universally praised games EVER. Have any of them gotten a part 3? Not one.

Anyway, you can't say that lack of ads had nothing to do with Conduit 2's poor sales. That's called marketing. Another class you should take once you get out of high school. Or, take a crash course and read this.

http://www.econlib.org/library/Enc/Advertising.html

One thing it even says in there is that for every penny spent advertising a game or other toy, you make 8.4 penny's back in increased sales. If you're looking for a number, that's it. Advertising is proven to increase sales.

To anybody who wants to reply saying "Successful troll is successful", no. It's called education. Try it sometime.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/LigsGames
New Gaming Video's Daily. --- Subscribers:18 Views: 587
#7games1256(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 8:46:59 PM
old_man_mossy posted...
RotA_Exodia posted...
Hopefully not SEGA.

sega didn't do so well with the M and T rated titles they tried on the wii. They likely will just keep their head down and push Sonic, and other less experimental crap.

I think TCON could have been a great game, still liked the premise. Too bad glitches and hackers drove most fans away with a bad taste in their mouth. For the number of copies Sega printed...well sure it's sales were low...but as someone once mentioned here...almost all copies printed, sold.

Should the series see a part 3 I'd be shocked to see SEGA anywhere near it as a publisher. With the way the Wii U seems to want to court the indie crowd and has finally come around to direct download, print budgets and shipping costs, as well as various vendors worrying about how many copies to 'pre purchase' to flip will be a non factor. Perhaps they won't even need a publisher in the traditional sense. Depends on their working relationship with Nintendo, I guess.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me in the least to get information from HVS on more of their IP stuff coming out...fiscal cliff or not, lol.

They can do a download game like a smaller conduit multiplayer only. They won't be able to do a full blown conduit 3 that would cost them at least 10 Million based on the going rate of the cost to make a current gen game.
#8games1256(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 8:55:54 PM
LigersRule posted...
Excuse me, Mr. Games? Have you like, taken a stats class or something? Cause I'm guessing by what you think, you're still in high school. Maybe even middle school.

I want you to take a look at an old topic.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/991817-conduit-2/54152891

That was a topic where a game developer from HVS made fun of someone EXACTLY like you for saying the exact same things you are. Just saying, we don't know what any game developer is thinking. Look at Valve. Half Life 2 episode 2, Portal 2, Left 4 Dead 2, and Team Fortress 2 are all some of the best selling and universally praised games EVER. Have any of them gotten a part 3? Not one.

Anyway, you can't say that lack of ads had nothing to do with Conduit 2's poor sales. That's called marketing. Another class you should take once you get out of high school. Or, take a crash course and read this.

http://www.econlib.org/library/Enc/Advertising.html

One thing it even says in there is that for every penny spent advertising a game or other toy, you make 8.4 penny's back in increased sales. If you're looking for a number, that's it. Advertising is proven to increase sales.

To anybody who wants to reply saying "Successful troll is successful", no. It's called education. Try it sometime.

They could have showed ads for the game it would not get people to buy the game if they hated the conduit. Everyone who really wanted conduit 2 knew of it well before it came out.

Based on the sales number of conduit 2 no publisher would invest in HVS for conduit 3. Plus after conduit 2 floping HVS would not have the money to pay for a conduit 3. even if they did they would not make a conduit 3 because it would not sell enough.

They don't care that some small number of fans want the game they have to make games that make them money. I am not trolling. I am telling why I know that there won't be a conduit 3 and question why people still think there is going to be.
#9LigersRulePosted 12/29/2012 9:16:40 PM
games1256 posted...
They could have showed ads for the game it would not get people to buy the game if they hated the conduit. Everyone who really wanted conduit 2 knew of it well before it came out.

Based on the sales number of conduit 2 no publisher would invest in HVS for conduit 3. Plus after conduit 2 floping HVS would not have the money to pay for a conduit 3. even if they did they would not make a conduit 3 because it would not sell enough.

They don't care that some small number of fans want the game they have to make games that make them money. I am not trolling. I am telling why I know that there won't be a conduit 3 and question why people still think there is going to be.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/991817-conduit-2/63976270

And I quote:

Question: What about some original HVS games I've heard about, like The Grinder, Animales de la Muerte, and of course the Conduit series?
Answer: As usual, there are things we're not ready to talk about. The games I just mentioned in the last answer, for instance, are public knowledge for those who know where to look. But you may be pleased to know our strategy moving forward calls for a greater proportion of original IP games.

I'm excited about the projects we're working on now. I think they represent a new chapter for us: one that's more forward-thinking than before.

Question: OMG I love Conduit so much!
Answer: That's not a question, but thank you! And we haven't forgotten about Conduit over here, either. I would expect some new Conduit-related news before the year is out.

---
http://www.youtube.com/user/LigsGames
New Gaming Video's Daily. --- Subscribers:18 Views: 587
#10games1256(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 9:21:03 PM
LigersRule posted...
games1256 posted...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/991817-conduit-2/63976270

And I quote:

Question: What about some original HVS games I've heard about, like The Grinder

, Animales de la Muerte, and of course the Conduit series?

Answer: As usual, there are things we're not ready to talk about. The games I just mentioned in the last answer, for instance, are public knowledge for those who know where to look. But you may be pleased to know our strategy moving forward calls for a greater proportion of original IP games.

I'm excited about the projects we're working on now. I think they represent a new chapter for us: one that's more forward-thinking than before.

Question: OMG I love Conduit so much!
Answer: That's not a question, but thank you! And we haven't forgotten about Conduit over here, either. I would expect some new Conduit-related news before the year is out.

They can say what they want does not make it true. HVS said there would conduit related news by the end of the year and yet no news.