Where is conduit 3 news.

#21games1256(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2012 4:13:54 PM
LigersRule posted...
games1256 posted...
Well the conduit HVS made good money. On conduit 2 they would have lost money based on the amount of copies sold for conduit 2 vs the conduit sales numbers.

When the conduit came out that had the money to work on The Grinder, Gladiator A.D. (Tournament of Legends), and Conduit 2. Later the Tournament of Legends) did terrible in sales and what people thought of the game. The grinder is going nowhere without a publisher which they won't get after conduit 2 sales numbers.

The conduit funded conduit 2 and HVS thought they would sell a good amount of copies of the game to fund conduit 3 but that did not happen.

Dude, Tournament of Legends made both HVS and SEGA quite a bit of money. Don't know what you're smoking. As for Conduit 2, it didn't lose much, especially because SEGA spent nothing on it except producing the physical copies of it, which isn't that expensive for Wii Games, especially because they made hardly any in comparison to The Conduit. To this day, I rarely see a copy on store shelves. Heck, SEGA didn't even supply them to Walmart, Target, and a bunch of other retailers in the first place. Conduit 2 made money.

Be in denial all you want but Tournament of Legends only sold a little under 40,000 units life time. http://www.vgchartz.com/game/43095/tournament-of-legends/Global/
Which even for the Wii is too low. Conduit 2 lost money based on the cost to make the game which HVS invested the money so they would be the ones that would have lost money.
#22games1256(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2012 7:27:47 PM
No one else wants to say anything about how people on the board were wrong about this game being announced?
#23TheOmegaShenPosted 12/30/2012 7:30:34 PM
games1256 posted...
No one else wants to say anything about how people on the board were wrong about this game being announced?

Nah, I'll pass. ;)
---
Conduit 2: 2838-6032-4718
Casshern Sins
#24LigersRulePosted 12/30/2012 7:32:31 PM
games1256 posted...
Be in denial all you want but Tournament of Legends only sold a little under 40,000 units life time. http://www.vgchartz.com/game/43095/tournament-of-legends/Global/
Which even for the Wii is too low. Conduit 2 lost money based on the cost to make the game which HVS invested the money so they would be the ones that would have lost money.

You don't seem to understand the concept of budgeting. Do you think the average "Spongebob Square Pants" game sells 40K? Would you believe that a bunch of company's make their living off of games that sell 10K units?

You seem to think HVS is a AAA company. They aren't.

games1256 posted...

That also means GoNintendo, IGN, every other decent news site in existence, and HVS themselves was wrong. But I'm glad that you think of this board's inhabitants as special enough to talk to personally.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/LigsGames
New Gaming Video's Daily. --- Subscribers:18 Views: 587
#25CarbonizerMikePosted 12/30/2012 7:38:22 PM
games1256 posted...

VGChartz is not a source. If you don't have numbers from NPD, Chart Track, Media Create or the developers/publishers themselves, you don't have anything. That website makes up numbers and is not trustworthy. There's a reason it's banned from certain forums.

I don't understand how you can know whether or not a game lost money without any information from the developers about the investment or the return.

As for the Conduit news, I'm asking the same thing: where is it?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watchmeplaynintendo
Status: Jaye killed me - http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/5632/jayemurder.jpg
#261PefrogPosted 12/30/2012 7:45:49 PM
1Pefrog posted...
The new Tool album was supposed to be out in 2012, but now it's pushed to 2013. They're making it goooooood!

Whoever posted this is spot on. It's a direct comparison of how this person thinks C2 will be presented. Let me summarize. Bob said that news would be out before the end of the year. Later when reality sets in (and let me tell you kids that reality and what you think will happen are 2 different things) Bob and his adult workers didn't want to make another promise that they could not follow through ... at least not until they had concreteness. So do I think that Bob was telling the truth before? Yes. Did circumstances happen between then and now? Probably.

Let me ask you this. Why would Bob get our hopes up? To mess with us? No. He was telling us the truth. He was excited about the potential project. Something has happened and either we will find out later or he will give an explanation soon. Bob cares about us and knows that we are waiting for information, he must not have any right now.

On another note ... if you are old enough (18+) ... you should start listening to Tool. They're great.
---
C2: dug - 3868-8372-1864, B05S^dug - 0047-0791-1923
Conduit: dug - 4898-3703-8171
#27games1256(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2012 8:43:52 PM
LigersRule posted...
games1256 posted...

You don't seem to understand the concept of budgeting. Do you think the average "Spongebob Square Pants" game sells 40K? Would you believe that a bunch of company's make their living off of games that sell 10K units?

You seem to think HVS is a AAA company. They aren't.

games1256 posted...

That also means GoNintendo, IGN, every other decent news site in existence, and HVS themselves was wrong. But I'm glad that you think of this board's inhabitants as special enough to talk to personally.

You don't seem to understand the concept of business. Well some small download games can sell a small amount to make profit but not a retail game like conduit 2. HVS is clearly not a AAA company for big budget games but they still have to cover there budget and profit. So its worth the risk of spending a good amount of time and money on a game.
Ya sure there was news of a conduit being announced on other sites. They were just reporting the news not getting hyped about it. It was this board that was hyped and believed there would be news of the game. It was bad planning on HVS part to announce something about conduit well before of time. Then turned out to be no news not even a hello from HVSbob.
#28games1256(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2012 8:55:04 PM
1Pefrog posted...
1Pefrog posted...
The new Tool album was supposed to be out in 2012, but now it's pushed to 2013. They're making it goooooood!

Whoever posted this is spot on. It's a direct comparison of how this person thinks C2 will be presented. Let me summarize. Bob said that news would be out before the end of the year. Later when reality sets in (and let me tell you kids that reality and what you think will happen are 2 different things) Bob and his adult workers didn't want to make another promise that they could not follow through ... at least not until they had concreteness. So do I think that Bob was telling the truth before? Yes. Did circumstances happen between then and now? Probably.

Let me ask you this. Why would Bob get our hopes up? To mess with us? No. He was telling us the truth. He was excited about the potential project. Something has happened and either we will find out later or he will give an explanation soon. Bob cares about us and knows that we are waiting for information, he must not have any right now.

On another note ... if you are old enough (18+) ... you should start listening to Tool. They're great.

Yes HVSbob announced too soon. He should have been certain of everything before saying he is going to talk about something conduit related. Then not say anything and getting alot of people excited over nothing. It is on people who did buy into it and got excited and trick them selves into thinking it will be announced on a certain day and then not and so on.
#29Hu1kSmAshPosted 12/30/2012 8:58:03 PM
games1256 posted...
1Pefrog posted...
1Pefrog posted...

Yes HVSbob announced too soon. He should have been certain of everything before saying he is going to talk about something conduit related. Then not say anything and getting alot of people excited over nothing. It is on people who did buy into it and got excited and trick them selves into thinking it will be announced on a certain day and then not and so on.

100% agreed, sir. However, it seems it wasn't up to Bob. He says he expects to see Conduit news by the end of the year.
---
An Invincible Sniper Professional
My FC: 4083-8526-7529
#30games1256(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2012 9:07:37 PM
CarbonizerMike posted...
games1256 posted...

VGChartz is not a source. If you don't have numbers from NPD, Chart Track, Media Create or the developers/publishers themselves, you don't have anything. That website makes up numbers and is not trustworthy. There's a reason it's banned from certain forums.

I don't understand how you can know whether or not a game lost money without any information from the developers about the investment or the return.

As for the Conduit news, I'm asking the same thing: where is it?

Well VGChartz is the only source we have. Plus for the fact it makes sense that conduit 2 sits at 90,000 sells, and looks like a real sell number based on how there was not many copies per store or a popular game.
I know that if a game profits or does not based around the cost to make a game. The fact that HVS said The conduit sold well. When it came to conduit 2 that said they would never be in a position that they would not want it to sell more. Which shows they lost money and they were not happy with the sales numbers.

The conduit news is no where because plans change or money and a publsiher is no longer into the game. HVS has other games that would rather make like the licensed games because they profit from them. There is very small amount of risk from licensed games because they have a big enough group that will buy them. The same can't be said about a new conduit game.