New discovery.

#1CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 12/30/2012 1:09:11 AM
Not much details yet.

But here is the facts.

Normally, when perkless, its taking me 5 TPC shells to kill myself with the TPC launcher ( single player, on easy )

But:

When I equip Energy Focus, it takes 4.

When I equip Explosive Focus, it takes 8.

When I equip Lite armor, it takes 6 ( no surprise there )

When I equio Heavy armor, it takes, 7. ( again, no surprise )

Double Armor, 8

Explosive focus + lite armor, 10

Energy focus + lite armor, 5.

Double Energy: 4

Next I'm quickly testing other explosive weapons.

Hive canon: ( Ballistic/explosive. )

Perkless:94.
Ballistic Focus: 94
Energy Focus: 94.
Explosive focus: 156

Shrieker: ( Energy/Explosive)
Perkless: 20
Energy focus: 20
Explosive focus: 34

Smaw: ( explosive )
Perkless: 2
Explosive Focus: 3

Basically, I think there are two things happening here:

A: Explosive focus DOES protect you from your own weapons.
B: TPC launcher seems to be somewhat unique, Its an explosive weapon, but unlike Shrieker, and Hive Cannon, it is able to do secondary damage ( energy ) w/o having to directly impact the target. Where as Hive canon and Shrieker seem to need to be a direct hit in order to benefit from their respective ballistic and energy perks.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#2CHAINMAILLEKID(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2012 1:13:53 AM
Also, I tested TPC w/ every single perk.

I only listed those for which there was an observed effect.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#3CHAINMAILLEKID(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2012 1:14:54 AM
I'm going to bump this.

I realize its not huge, and that "discovery" in the title is over-reaching. ( hey, I was writing it all down as I was testing, and wasn't being discriminatory )

BUT...
Last I'd heard, Explosive Focus was not supposed to protect you from your own explosions.

And the fact that it does adds yet ANOTHER benefit to the perk.
Currently it:

-Nearly neutralizes shotguns.
-Completely neutralizes the HVS. ( including headshots )
-Makes your explosive weapons, and grenades More deadly.
-Reduces your likelyhood of suiciding w/ weapons like the TPC and Hive Cannon.
-Lastly, It protects ENORMOUSLY from being attacked by explosive users.

Each one of those items is substantial enough to be a perk all their own. yet explosive focus has ALL of them, w/ absolutely no drawbacks, or attached nerfs.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#4CynralKynathelPosted 12/31/2012 1:41:48 AM
It works that way. I think when HVS patched the perks, they made them multiplayer specific patches. If you noticed, blinding powder has the old effect in split screen while in multiplayer it's patched. O don't know why they just didn't patch the entire game, is think it'd be easier that way.
---
Pseudo-official Co-'Pun'-isher of the Conduit 2 Board. Free-Lancer clan FTW! Too bad you can't join.
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/23206541.jpg
#5CHAINMAILLEKID(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2012 1:47:03 AM
CynralKynathel posted...
It works that way. I think when HVS patched the perks, they made them multiplayer specific patches. If you noticed, blinding powder has the old effect in split screen while in multiplayer it's patched. O don't know why they just didn't patch the entire game, is think it'd be easier that way.

Split screen and single play are like... running slightly different engines or something.
If you notice, many of the animations are different, and the damage and behavior is often different as well.

It has something to do with splitscreen being more resource intensive then single player.

Thats why all my tests I try to do in single player, where it all runs the same as online.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#6CynralKynathelPosted 12/31/2012 2:05:26 AM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
CynralKynathel posted...

Split screen and single play are like... running slightly different engines or something.
If you notice, many of the animations are different, and the damage and behavior is often different as well.

It has something to do with splitscreen being more resource intensive then single player.

Thats why all my tests I try to do in single player, where it all runs the same as online.

Hm, interesting. I never realized that single player and online ran the same.
Don't you have people you could use to play private matches with and test stuff out on online?
---
Pseudo-official Co-'Pun'-isher of the Conduit 2 Board. Free-Lancer clan FTW! Too bad you can't join.
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/23206541.jpg
#7CHAINMAILLEKID(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2012 2:13:41 AM
CynralKynathel posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
CynralKynathel posted...

Don't you have people you could use to play private matches with and test stuff out on online?

Yes, occasionally. But when people are online, usually I'd rather play :p

I'm going to be able to test online by myself though, now that I have a wii U, I just need to set it up.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#8CmoIsDaNam3Posted 12/31/2012 7:23:52 AM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
CynralKynathel posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
CynralKynathel posted...

Don't test stuff out like that, you have my Skype, just shoot me a message if you need to test stuff out, because SP is not the same as online multiplayer.

Yes, occasionally. But when people are online, usually I'd rather play :p

I'm going to be able to test online by myself though, now that I have a wii U, I just need to set it up.

---
Creativity, More, Often.
K I L L, a Conduit 2 Dualtage, IS OUT, check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDQMWdPctqc
#9B05S_BrennanPosted 12/31/2012 9:39:09 AM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...

You can still take a good chunk of their health away, making it easy to finish them with your secondary.
---
(>^.^)>http://conduitwii.boards.net/<(^.^<)
http://www.youtube.com/user/B05SxBrennan?feature=mhee
#10CHAINMAILLEKID(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2012 1:39:37 PM
B05S_Brennan posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...

You can still take a good chunk of their health away, making it easy to finish them with your secondary.

Only if you're lucky, or if they're not as good as you. Anybody on par with you is going to be able to finish you off w/ time to spare.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656