Face the facts...

#101old_man_mossyPosted 1/4/2013 5:50:37 PM
games1256 posted...
CynralKynathel posted...
games1256 posted...
Just because some people of this board can not understand the logic of knowing that a future conduit is not coming does not mean I can not post about it.

But you are saying it like you know for a fact that there won't be one, there still is the possibility of one. You are trying to make your opinions a fact.

I am not trying to make my opinions a fact. What I say that there won't a conduit 3 is clearly a fact. But be in denial that HVS will release a conduit 3 and that they will make a conduit 3 just because fans want it.

*shakes head*

You are late to the party...that was said about C2 ever happening and yet it did, much to the egg on the face of those holding the contrary position.

HVS loves this franchise so they likely took the scraps a bank troubled sinking sega (on the wii) would give them, thinking if they sell well maybe this prior publisher will print more (see, I can speculate too, games...and can pull stuff out my arse with as much equal fanfair as you) They didnt realize Sega had allready disowned the wii as far as adult/teen titles go, especially shooters. What other shooters did Sega back after all. And the did get hammered...hard, on wii mature published sales.

Im curious...where is this 'fabled' contract that Sega made with HVS to make 2 games.

I myself have never saw it, just heard of it.

So how does a small indie company as far as original IP's get Sega to sign a two game contract...lol.

I dunno though, perhaps Sega is that stupid.

Or maybe they just did some atration/damage control off a SURE bet.

Take something that doesnt need pushed too hard because of fanbase as well as a motivated developer who does more youtube gorilla advertising than Sega would ever do...saving them the cost...

Do no advertising and sell vendor specific contracts (gamestop...maybe best buy) print discs cheap and supply them to a chain that handles additional distribution....

yeah, sure Sega lost money (sarcasm)

They did the bare minimum...in short they screwed HVS...they couldnt even proof their own 1 website only, online advertising.

Sega screwed HVS, in my opinion. They made enough copies to make money with little to no overhead invested. IMO thats not what a publisher does.
---
"Insurrection is the most sacred of the rights and the most idispensible of duties" - Marquis de La Fayette
#102games1256Posted 1/4/2013 6:37:33 PM
Conduit 2 happened because of the conduit selling well. I do not make stuff up you do. Sega signed the contract because they had trust in hardcore games on the wii at the time. Learn to read I said HVS lost money based on the cost of the game. I never said Sega lost money.

HVS screwed them selves by making a buggy mess of a game. Sega wanted to be finished with them so they did the minimum work they had to do. After that HVS had to look for a new publisher for conduit 3DS which they have not found a publisher yet.
#103B05S_BrennanPosted 1/4/2013 6:37:43 PM
games1256 posted...
They expected a flop so they did not make many copies.

Which means they spent less on production.

A sold out product does not mean success.

And low sales don't mean failure.

What you need is to understand how video games has to sell a certain number of copies to make money.

Says who?
---
(>^.^)>http://conduitwii.boards.net/<(^.^<)
#104games1256Posted 1/4/2013 6:40:39 PM
B05S_Brennan posted...
games1256 posted...

What you need is to understand how video games has to sell a certain number of copies to make money.

Says who?

Production is only one expense There is a flat cost to make a game. Low sales does mean a failure. Since they need to sell a certain amount of copies to make a profit.

Says me clearly you think it does not matter how may copies of a game sold related to getting another game.
#105CynralKynathelPosted 1/4/2013 6:49:40 PM
games1256 posted...
B05S_Brennan posted...
games1256 posted...

Says who?

Production is only one expense There is a flat cost to make a game. Low sales does mean a failure. Since they need to sell a certain amount of copies to make a profit.

Says me clearly you think it does not matter how may copies of a game sold related to getting another game.

But if they expected a flop, that means they spent less in everything else, and if they sold almost all of their copies then it would count as a success, right?
---
Pseudo-official Co-'Pun'-isher of the Conduit 2 Board. Free-Lancer clan FTW! Too bad you can't join.
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/23206541.jpg
#106B05S_BrennanPosted 1/4/2013 6:51:10 PM
games1256 posted...

Do you know how much HVS even spent on the game? I mean, they already had an engine, so it wouldn't have costed as much to develop as TCon.

Yes, you need to sell a certain amount of copies, but I'd imagine that number goes down the less copies you produce. Tail Concerto had low sales. One of the developers said in Nintendo Power that the game was profitable though.

This part doesn't make sense. What does this have to do with getting another game?
---
(>^.^)>http://conduitwii.boards.net/<(^.^<)
#107games1256Posted 1/4/2013 6:56:33 PM
B05S_Brennan posted...
games1256 posted...

Do you know how much HVS even spent on the game? I mean, they already had an engine, so it wouldn't have costed as much to develop as TCon.

Yes, you need to sell a certain amount of copies, but I'd imagine that number goes down the less copies you produce. Tail Concerto had low sales. One of the developers said in Nintendo Power that the game was profitable though.

This part doesn't make sense. What does this have to do with getting another game?

Profit depends on the cost to make the game not how many copies are made. Yes they had the engine in place but there was still a year and a half making the game. Selling a certain amount of copies has to do with getting another game say conduit 3 because they are not going to invest in a future game if their past game did not make money. They may like to make games but they have to make a living.
#108old_man_mossyPosted 1/4/2013 7:09:41 PM(edited)
games1256 posted...
Conduit 2 happened because of the conduit selling well. I do not make stuff up you do. Sega signed the contract because they had trust in hardcore games on the wii at the time. Learn to read I said HVS lost money based on the cost of the game. I never said Sega lost money.

HVS screwed them selves by making a buggy mess of a game. Sega wanted to be finished with them so they did the minimum work they had to do. After that HVS had to look for a new publisher for conduit 3DS which they have not found a publisher yet.

If that was the case, which it is not...why did Sega do anemic print run of c2...it's a success by your wording. In your simple world bad games dont sell, right? Sega would want to make more pff of more copies...if they hadn't already realized even a success for a FPS shooter can't do a whole hell of a lot as far as huge sales numbers go on the Wii. how its huge install base was primarily families and old folks..and how the media at large was trying to pin a "nothing to see here folks, but casual stuff" on the Wii and its games at large in comparison to the PS/360.

As for the rest of your post...

Maybe you need to have an understanding of what you write. You asked me to provide proof of either Sega or HVS making a profit. Backpedal if you want if you think it helps you save face. I should learn to read I guess...lol, you have no idea my background or how caustic that comment is to a dyslexic...but I take satisfaction on knowing I do alright.
---
"Insurrection is the most sacred of the rights and the most idispensible of duties" - Marquis de La Fayette
#109games1256Posted 1/4/2013 6:59:10 PM
@CynralKynathel A year and a half making a game is not cheap so if they did not profit it is not a success. Selling almost all the copies does not mean a success.
#110games1256Posted 1/4/2013 7:03:24 PM
old_man_mossy posted...
games1256 posted...

If that was the case, which it is not...why the anemic print run...it's a success by your wording, Sega would want to make more of they hadn't already realized even a success for a FPS shooter can't do a whole hell of a lot as far as huge sales numbers go.

As for the rest of your post...

Maybe you need to have an understanding of what you write. You asked me to provide proof of either Sega or HVS making a profit. Backpedal if you want if you think it helps you save face. I should learn to read I guess...lol, you have no idea my background or how caustic that comment is to a dyslexic...but I take satisfaction on knowing I do alright.

You lean to read You said for me to find evidence they lost money because you asked to me to find evidence HVS lost money. I am not saying Conduit 2 was a success I am saying if Sega made more copies it would not sell more then the 90,000 copies. So they would have more copies unsold.