Face the facts...

#111old_man_mossyPosted 1/4/2013 7:03:57 PM
Show us HVS lost money...or quit claiming it did.

You can't.

Make you a deal, I'll stop saying it made them a profit if you stop saying it made them a loss.

But you won't...and that's why you have problems here. You have done nothing but talk out your arse with speculation and how a 12 year old grasps business.

I'm sorry, but you just don't get it. you aren't a troll just ignorant on the issue and how the biz runs.
---
"Insurrection is the most sacred of the rights and the most idispensible of duties" - Marquis de La Fayette
#112games1256Posted 1/4/2013 7:05:16 PM
They would have copies of the game left. So if there was demand from retail the copies of the game would be in stores, but Sega or HVS can not force stores to buy copies of the game.
#113games1256Posted 1/4/2013 7:07:18 PM
old_man_mossy posted...
Show us HVS lost money...or quit claiming it did.

You can't.

Make you a deal, I'll stop saying it made them a profit if you stop saying it made them a loss.

But you won't...and that's why you have problems here. You have done nothing but talk out your arse with speculation and how a 12 year old grasps business.

I'm sorry, but you just don't get it. you aren't a troll just ignorant on the issue and how the biz runs.

It is clear they lost money. What is unclear they made money. There is no way they made money. Plus Bob said a while back that they would never be in a spot that they would not want conduit 2 to sale less then it did. While the conduit they said they were happy with the sales.
#114old_man_mossyPosted 1/4/2013 7:23:42 PM(edited)
games1256 posted...
They would have copies of the game left. So if there was demand from retail the copies of the game would be in stores, but Sega or HVS can not force stores to buy copies of the game.

This is again where your ignorance shows, Publishers pick exclusive vendors and sell rights to them. Even TCON could have sold more if they signed up with Walmart or any other Big Box...

But Sega is cheap when its not their IP...and they only get cheaper.

I actually rather dislike them...they couldn't do consoles right and do only a passable job with their other products. I truelly wanted GearBox to find a better pub than Sega for Aliens C.M....but thankfully Sega likely wont sell short something as large as Aliens with such a concered and dedicated Dev. as Gearbox. He'll, Sega can't even get their advertisements correct if they don't have a true vested interest. Like C2....on the Sega website for C2 they still advertise C2 invasion as online.

HVS was in front of this prior to launch saying "No that's not the case" but still Sega...lol...yeah. They just don't care. They are after the quick buck with the least work...when it comes to something not their baby they actively look for dedicated developers with rabid, established fan bases... Then look for a way to diffuse blame and do the least bit of work possible.

suckga.
---
"Insurrection is the most sacred of the rights and the most idispensible of duties" - Marquis de La Fayette
#115LigersRulePosted 1/4/2013 7:53:26 PM
old_man_mossy posted...
I actually rather dislike them...they couldn't do consoles right and do only a passable job with their other products.

TAKE THAT BACK! NOW!

The Dreamcast is the single best console of all time, and anyone who says otherwise is a terrible person for trying to deceive the population of the world. If anybody ever insults SEGA's console making abilities in front of my face, they won't leave with as much blood as they had before.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/LigsGames
New Gaming Video's Daily. --- Subscribers:20 Views: 758
#116old_man_mossyPosted 1/4/2013 8:02:18 PM
LigersRule posted...
old_man_mossy posted...
I actually rather dislike them...they couldn't do consoles right and do only a passable job with their other products.

TAKE THAT BACK! NOW!

The Dreamcast is the single best console of all time, and anyone who says otherwise is a terrible person for trying to deceive the population of the world. If anybody ever insults SEGA's console making abilities in front of my face, they won't leave with as much blood as they had before.

I store my own blood, come at me bro.

Sega sucks at business, sorry bro. That's just my core belief. While I admire the dreamcasts cromagnon Wii u controller and PS online and madden we're fun....they still did it wrong and hosed their consumers.

Or were hosed by their supposed consumer...I dunno which. But seeing as they are entirely in charge of their own fate...and no one 'publishes' consoles. Why did it fail, and drag the whole console side of the business down?

Because they suck (lol, jk...well, not really. Sorry?)
---
#117B05S_BrennanPosted 1/4/2013 10:33:07 PM
games1256 posted...
Profit depends on the cost to make the game not how many copies are made. Yes they had the engine in place but there was still a year and a half making the game.

It would likely depend on both. But since you seem to know, what exactly did HVS spend on the game? And a year and a half isn't that bad, especially for a small company that working on multiple projects.

Selling a certain amount of copies has to do with getting another game say conduit 3 because they are not going to invest in a future game if their past game did not make money. They may like to make games but they have to make a living.

They can make money off of licensed games, and use that money for their own IPs.
---
(>^.^)>http://conduitwii.boards.net/<(^.^<)
#118games1256Posted 1/5/2013 12:26:09 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#119games1256Posted 1/5/2013 12:28:30 AM
old_man_mossy posted...
games1256 posted...

This is again where your ignorance shows, Publishers pick exclusive vendors and sell rights to them. Even TCON could have sold more if they signed up with Walmart or any other Big Box...

But Sega is cheap when its not their IP...and they only get cheaper.

I actually rather dislike them...they couldn't do consoles right and do only a passable job with their other products. I truelly wanted GearBox to find a better pub than Sega for Aliens C.M....but thankfully Sega likely wont sell short something as large as Aliens with such a concered and dedicated Dev. as Gearbox. He'll, Sega can't even get their advertisements correct if they don't have a true vested interest. Like C2....on the Sega website for C2 they still advertise C2 invasion as online.

HVS was in front of this prior to launch saying "No that's not the case" but still Sega...lol...yeah. They just don't care. They are after the quick buck with the least work...when it comes to something not their baby they actively look for dedicated developers with rabid, established fan bases... Then look for a way to diffuse blame and do the least bit of work possible.

suckga.

No publisher can force stores to buy the game. How do you know that Walmart wanted to carry the conduit or conduit 2 and Sega did not contact them?
#120games1256Posted 1/5/2013 12:38:37 AM
B05S_Brennan posted...
games1256 posted...
Profit depends on the cost to make the game not how many copies are made. Yes they had the engine in place but there was still a year and a half making the game.

It would likely depend on both. But since you seem to know, what exactly did HVS spend on the game? And a year and a half isn't that bad, especially for a small company that working on multiple projects.

Selling a certain amount of copies has to do with getting another game say conduit 3 because they are not going to invest in a future game if their past game did not make money. They may like to make games but they have to make a living.

They can make money off of licensed games, and use that money for their own IPs.

They are not going to invest in their own games if they will not sell enough.