Face the facts...

#121old_man_mossyPosted 1/5/2013 7:00:36 AM
games1256 posted...
old_man_mossy posted...
Show us HVS lost money...or quit claiming it did.

You can't.

Make you a deal, I'll stop saying it made them a profit if you stop saying it made them a loss.

But you won't...and that's why you have problems here. You have done nothing but talk out your arse with speculation and how a 12 year old grasps business.

I'm sorry, but you just don't get it. you aren't a troll just ignorant on the issue and how the biz runs.

It is clear they lost money. What is unclear they made money. There is no way they made money. Plus Bob said a while back that they would never be in a spot that they would not want conduit 2 to sale less then it did. While the conduit they said they were happy with the sales.

No, it's simply not clear they lost money. Again you fabricate things you haven't proven.

That's why your argument fails, lol. Put up or shut up, as the saying goes.
---
"Insurrection is the most sacred of the rights and the most idispensible of duties" - Marquis de La Fayette
#122old_man_mossyPosted 1/5/2013 7:44:52 AM(edited)
games1256 posted...
They would have copies of the game left. So if there was demand from retail the copies of the game would be in stores, but Sega or HVS can not force stores to buy copies of the game.

Stores aren't given an option to buy games if the publisher enters into an exclusive deal (to make more money) with select distributors.

That's exactly what Sega did with GameStop. Who cares if the game you did a low print run cant enjoy greater sales at the big box stores....You already are screwing HVS over big time, why not make em buy you dinner too.

You think Walmart, vendors of shovel ware, extraordinaire, would not agree to vend C2 while selling all the other crap they do? Sorry but I don't agree.

Check their shelves....go ahead, do it. They sell darn near everything, except for games that have been denied to them by way of select distribution.

Walmart also isnt known in the video game world as a company that approaches vendors and asks for product. They are the draw, as Walmart moves merchandise. Vendors approach them. There are many many Walmarts and they tend to carry more copies than 2 or 3, and rapidly restock. Sega didn't have the supply to approach Walmart, or any other Big Box. Fortunately for Sega, GameStop exists.
---
"Insurrection is the most sacred of the rights and the most idispensible of duties" - Marquis de La Fayette
#123MindesynPosted 1/5/2013 8:37:42 AM
After reading this topic Its clear that "Gayemz" has no idea how business in a retail industry works, luckily I live with someone who does, and he was shaking his head and couldnt believe the asinine logic spewed out by Gayemz. I asked him to post but he figured it wouldnt do anything productive but have Gayemz ignore the post and continue the same level of comprehension as Zeno once upon a time.
---
Black Ops 2: Mindesyn
Sucks to be you cause I hack to counter hack hackers like you that hack so hackers gone legit dont get hacked
#124MindesynPosted 1/5/2013 8:39:06 AM
Oh and Mossy I bought C2 at Walmart at launch, but I understand you mean post launch era.
---
Black Ops 2: Mindesyn
Sucks to be you cause I hack to counter hack hackers like you that hack so hackers gone legit dont get hacked
#125old_man_mossyPosted 1/5/2013 9:13:11 AM(edited)
Mindesyn posted...
Oh and Mossy I bought C2 at Walmart at launch, but I understand you mean post launch era.

Far as I know, that's a Canadian thing only. I'll entertain notions otherwise, but far as I know and have been told...U.S. Chain/company owned Walmarts did not carry it pre or post launch.

It wouldn't surprise me if less urbanized areas lacking Super Walmarts that had hold out franchises of 'regular' Walmart ( interesting fact, that practice is no longer allowed in the U.S. but a nearby town to me in Rock Falls Illinois is one such holdout that was 'grandfathered' in) might carry the game...but they also carry more local Mom and Pop stuff as well that the large parent chain does not. I tend to like them and check em out when I run across them when I travel because they tend to carry harder to find or more unique items (and always seem to have 308's)

I tried to order C2 multiple times from Super Walmart and didnt care how far they had to go to order it....they claimed not to carry the product. Which was also confirmed to me by a sorta friend (one of my Wife's co-workers Husband who is a regional manager of our areas Walmart D.C.'s....and a big world of Warcraft nerd, lol.) Anyway, GameStop had two copies and I bought em both. (One for me, one for my Son and his Wii)
---
#126Hawke0Posted 1/5/2013 8:56:53 AM
Mindesyn posted...
After reading this topic Its clear that "Gayemz" has no idea how business in a retail industry works, luckily I live with someone who does, and he was shaking his head and couldnt believe the asinine logic spewed out by Gayemz. I asked him to post but he figured it wouldnt do anything productive but have Gayemz ignore the post and continue the same level of comprehension as SMAW once upon a time.

fix'd, and That's unfair to SMAW. He could at least troll somewhat well.
---
now playing Metroid, Castlevania III, Punch Out, and StarTropics.
Super Mario Bros Lost Levels>World>3
#127old_man_mossyPosted 1/5/2013 9:07:35 AM(edited)
Oh and in unrelated side bar news, Jaye, how are you enjoying AC3? hopefully as much as I did. Any hessian grenadiers try and moon you post mortem yet, XD

When I get my Wii u back we should give wolf pack a go. That's a mode that really benefits from headsets and I know we both have one.

Signals significant other/Signal,as well as Keith (hungoverhero for those lurking) also have the game. Maybe we could party up and play as a team. Headsets really help with that games MP though...it's just so differently paced, you really benefit with communication. More so IMO than FPS's even if you play em like we do and use teamwork.

AC3's multiplayer is very....different...but fun. With all things, more so w/friends.
---
#128B05S_BrennanPosted 1/5/2013 9:49:33 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#129B05S_BrennanPosted 1/5/2013 9:51:01 AM
games1256 posted...
B05S_Brennan posted...
games1256 posted...
Profit depends on the cost to make the game not how many copies are made. Yes they had the engine in place but there was still a year and a half making the game.

It would likely depend on both. But since you seem to know, what exactly did HVS spend on the game? And a year and a half isn't that bad, especially for a small company that working on multiple projects.

Selling a certain amount of copies has to do with getting another game say conduit 3 because they are not going to invest in a future game if their past game did not make money. They may like to make games but they have to make a living.

They can make money off of licensed games, and use that money for their own IPs.

They are not going to invest in their own games if they will not sell enough.

You don't know. HVS loves Conduit. Maybe they would take the risk, if they had the money from their licensed games.
---
(>^.^)>http://conduitwii.boards.net/<(^.^<)
#130old_man_mossyPosted 1/5/2013 10:06:49 AM
Well if you can twist fiction into 'reality' enough to think like Games...that HVS signed up to a contract/agreed to a contract that allowed Sega to publish a game in such limited numbers, with such craptacular advertising and retail availibility that HVS would loose money.....then clearly HVS is either devoted or mad....they don't care about profit at all and just keep putting work into something they believe in and trying to keep the product 'active' in the day to day happenings.

Kinda what all inventors/scientist do when they believe on something...but I digress. I'm still working off of the false narrative Games has suggested that HVS lost money....anywho...

They believe in it, and themselves...if games theory is to be believed...and therefore the series continues, be it an Edsil or not. It continues...and if they have to be patient and push for a publisher while producing licensed shovel ware to publish their own IP's...so be it.

Even if he right...which he's not....he's wrong. No one invests into a project guaranteed to lose money by a limited print run...even if the print run sells out....unless they have another move to make, or another motive....like showing it does great community involved support or can make two radically different games in the same series by listening to and acting on fan input.

HVS is not done with Conduit. I'd wager they would go bankrupt before they write off making a C3.
---