Face the facts...

#81games1256Posted 1/3/2013 11:48:38 PM
B05S_Brennan posted...
games1256 posted...
B05S_Brennan posted...
games1256 posted...
Or you know they hated the conduit after how alot of people hyped up the game to be much more then it was.

Then they would be basing their judgment of HVS off of ONE game, which would make their opinion of the company very unreliable, correct?

It is a judgement they made to look at if they wanted to buy conduit 2. It is a reliable opinion based on HVS past.

But you said "ask on any Nintendo forum what people think of HVS", You weren't talking about things people would be looking at if they wanted to buy Conduit 2. It's not a reliable opinion of the whole company when they've only played one game.

Might not be the most reliable but it is how games are judged. After all there all a lot of games competing for the same money.
#82xXAISPXxPosted 1/3/2013 11:53:27 PM
games1256 posted...
xXAISPXx posted...
I hate it when people review Conduit 2 without playing The Conduit. If you have never played TCon, you will not understand Conduit 2. All you will know is that Mr.Ford hunts progenitors if you only played Conduit 2.

In my opinion, the Conduit series has the best campaign of any FPS I have played. If you just go around killing enemies in both games without actually knowing what is happening, you won't see the Conduits as a good series.

So what I am saying is: play both games, understand the campaign of both, and you will see the Conduits as a great FPS. When I actually got into the campaign, I couldn't stop reading more about The Conduit and Conduit 2's campaign. This stuff baffles me, to be honest.

I never bought conduit 2 for the single player. People based the conduit based on the multiplayer. They did not like the conduit multiplayer, so they passed on conduit 2.

Well maybe you SHOULD play the single player...
---
TCon-{AISP FC: 3954-8764-7672}
Con2-{AISP FC: 4083-8526-7529 HC-AISP FC: 4642-7312-4915}
#83MindesynPosted 1/4/2013 12:00:23 AM
Oh and Signal, MOnster Hunter Tri is Capcom and next to Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Street Fighter and their fighting cross over series, Monster Hunter is one of their biggest franchises.
---
Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Mindesyn
At first I was like, I could beat him, then he took the hat off and s*** got real!
#84PedroScarPosted 1/4/2013 1:21:59 AM
yea I dont know most publishers either unless its capcom or nintendo and sega....
Aion I dont know
iron men 2 I dont know
Star wars the clone wars I dont know
soul caliber 2 I dont know
Gun I dont know
and many more, I have like 25+ games and havent played them in awhile so cant remember names >.<
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64EgaraDoiA
http://monsterhunternews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/mh3g02.jpg
#85xXAISPXxPosted 1/4/2013 10:17:50 AM
_Signal posted...
VintageRonJohn posted...

Haha, thanks RJ. I certainly didn't mean to issue a challenge, because most people here know much more about the games they play than the causal gamer.

I feel like I know a lot less than most everyone else here.

---
TCon-{AISP FC: 3954-8764-7672}
Con2-{AISP FC: 4083-8526-7529 HC-AISP FC: 4642-7312-4915}
#86MindesynPosted 1/4/2013 10:53:56 AM
Pedro, Soul Calibur is Namco Bandai, same people who make Klonoa, Tekken, and Pac-man (Namco)
---
Black Ops 2: Mindesyn
Sucks to be you cause I hack to counter hack hackers like you that hack so hackers gone legit dont get hacked
#87old_man_mossyPosted 1/4/2013 11:13:47 AM(edited)
Mindesyn posted...
Pedro, Soul Calibur is Namco Bandai, same people who make Klonoa, Tekken, and Pac-man (Namco)

And that reminds me of one of my favorite Black cartridge NES games courtesy of Tengen...one of my favorites, Gauntlet! Miss that game. Maybe it's on virtual channel/Nin shop. I hope so...

Will make the wait for the Wii U return easier.
---
"Insurrection is the most sacred of the rights and the most idispensible of duties" - Marquis de La Fayette
#88B05S_BrennanPosted 1/4/2013 11:34:48 AM
games1256 posted...
B05S_Brennan posted...
games1256 posted...
B05S_Brennan posted...
games1256 posted...
Or you know they hated the conduit after how alot of people hyped up the game to be much more then it was.

Then they would be basing their judgment of HVS off of ONE game, which would make their opinion of the company very unreliable, correct?

It is a judgement they made to look at if they wanted to buy conduit 2. It is a reliable opinion based on HVS past.

But you said "ask on any Nintendo forum what people think of HVS", You weren't talking about things people would be looking at if they wanted to buy Conduit 2. It's not a reliable opinion of the whole company when they've only played one game.

Might not be the most reliable but it is how games are judged. After all there all a lot of games competing for the same money.

Not on Wii U. Besides, many of the more sensible gamers look at gameplay videos before buying a game, not message board opinions.
---
(>^.^)>http://conduitwii.boards.net/<(^.^<)
#89games1256Posted 1/4/2013 12:01:21 PM
I am not saying they look on message boards to see if they should buy the game. They made that judgement from the conduit and stayed away from conduit 2.
#90old_man_mossyPosted 1/4/2013 2:01:28 PM
Again, games, who is this 'they' that didnt buy C2 and made it a flop?

C2 nearly sold out of printed copies. I realize the print run was small, but thats SEGA's deal...they were burned pretty bad with ALL their wii stuff that wasnt rated kid friendly...and even some of that flopped hard...so why would they take a chance after what happened with Manhunt?

Who stayed away from C2 because of TCON...I didnt and I really didnt care for TCONs hacked apart online.

Now I myself will give you the benefit of the doubt, as I know there are people who did stay away...even though C2's online is more than marginally different than TCON's.....

But you must get this through your head....

Based on units produced, I've heard it thrown around here by Chain and others...C2 did not flop. It sold well. You cant sell copies that dont exist, and every game has a small percentage of unsold units....

8 out of 10 is gauged at 80% the same as 80,000 out of 100,000.

In the end it made both companies money, too. If it did not, I'd welcome someone to provide a reliable link, otherwise.

If you want to gain some traction in your debate here...post some numbers showing a loss, or poor sales when based off the total available units, some hard numbers if you will....not speculation as to why Sega sold print runs short, did not agressively target venders, didnt promote it beyond 2 vids on the Nin channel, had a lackluster ad campaign that even left errored ads to this day about Invasion being online in the Sega/C2 online ad....

All of those things can and should have affected sales of the available units at retail...so it shouldnt be hard to demonstrate C2 couldnt sell if those unsold numbers exist in a large enough percentage.

Then you'll have something to debate with.
---
"Insurrection is the most sacred of the rights and the most idispensible of duties" - Marquis de La Fayette