The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Why do most people on this board hate CoD

#1Ultimate_Mr_DPosted 12/31/2012 5:52:33 PM
It's a good franchise and I don't see why you can't like it as well as Conduit.
---
"Some say the glass is half empty. Others say it's half full. I say it's a glass of water, now drink it."
#2old_man_mossyPosted 12/31/2012 5:56:28 PM
It's stuck in the rut of real world weapons and with low health, promotes casualness as well as camping.

Keep in mind, I'm not saying its a bad game and I hear blops 2 is cool and more futeristic.

It gets hammered because its shovel ware by some (not by me) every year they trot it out and people pitch their old ones....unlike this game going on 2 years.
---
"Insurrection is the most sacred of the rights and the most idispensible of duties" - Marquis de La Fayette
#3CynralKynathelPosted 12/31/2012 6:02:46 PM(edited)
I can't play CoD... :/
I've played it like, 3 times, its fun but really any game will please me as long as there is action and/or puzzles

Although I have noticed from what I've seen that nothing really changes, they give it slightly different looks but it still is the same.

---
Pseudo-official Co-'Pun'-isher of the Conduit 2 Board. Free-Lancer clan FTW! Too bad you can't join.
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/23206541.jpg
#4Hawke0Posted 12/31/2012 5:57:26 PM
Campaign is a boring, slow paced, linear progression of set pieces that holds your hand so much it's insulting. Disgrace to the genre, and games like Doom, Painkiller, Half Life, Halo, Quake, etc.
---
now playing Metroid, Castlevania III, Punch Out, and StarTropics.
#5Hu1kSmAshPosted 12/31/2012 5:58:28 PM
CynralKynathel posted...

---
An Invincible Sniper Professional
My FC: 4083-8526-7529
#6TheOmegaShenPosted 12/31/2012 6:03:03 PM
I like BLOPS II.
---
Conduit 2: 2838-6032-4718
Casshern Sins
#7Hawke0Posted 12/31/2012 6:05:06 PM
I'd like to add that I don't just dislike CoD, I also dislike other boring slow paced linear set piece hand holding 'shooters', like BF.
---
#8Chupas21Posted 12/31/2012 6:09:32 PM
Hu1kSmAsh posted...
CynralKynathel posted...

__.
#9Hawke0Posted 12/31/2012 6:11:07 PM
*head scratching* Why can't any of you play CoD?
---
Super Mario Bros Lost Levels>World>3
#10old_man_mossyPosted 12/31/2012 6:11:16 PM
Some would argue it lacks imagination and is stale....just a parade of new maps that cater toward knowing the nonlinear, choke point, hiding spot layout (so buy it fast and study up!)

That each new installment is a high priced map pack forcing you to prestige....but I wouldn't go so far.

They intovate with modes, wager modes, confirmed kills, etc.

I think at its core is that the reality 1st person shooters are more common, somewhat older too on the Online Multiplayer front when based in reality like CoD, BF, MoH, etc.

I dunno. To be honest it bored me away. but that's just me. I was a scary good camper. not squatter btw, there is a difference....

And run and gun on CoD was pointless, due to low health mechanic and how the slow role was almost as boring as camping and required a smart team....sadly lacking in my CoD experiences. C2 was more arcadey and well...fun.

Least for me.

Hope this helps.
---
"Insurrection is the most sacred of the rights and the most idispensible of duties" - Marquis de La Fayette