Mountain Dew is to Halo as <blank> is to the Conduit?

#51HungoverHero777Posted 1/3/2013 2:16:28 PM
games1256 posted...
Symphonia46 posted...
You can not make any Wii game live up to XBox expectations.

I am talking about conduit 3 would be on Wii U which is as powerful as the Xbox 360. Plus people were calling the conduit wii's halo.

I thought you said there would be no Conduit 3. Resorting to contradicting yourself?
---
My ideas for Crash Bandicoot Returns: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64976858
Official "Co-Pun-isher" of the C2 board.
#52games1256Posted 1/3/2013 3:23:15 PM
HungoverHero777 posted...
games1256 posted...
Symphonia46 posted...
You can not make any Wii game live up to XBox expectations.

I am talking about conduit 3 would be on Wii U which is as powerful as the Xbox 360. Plus people were calling the conduit wii's halo.

I thought you said there would be no Conduit 3. Resorting to contradicting yourself?

I am not saying there is going to be a conduit 3 I said if there was going to be it would be on the Wii U.
#53games1256Posted 1/3/2013 3:24:54 PM
old_man_mossy posted...
games1256 posted...
old_man_mossy posted...
I significantly enjoyed C2, if they improved it...well, bonus for me and those that share my preference

I'm curious though....what would make it improved enough for you. Lets pretend you ran HVS...and by choice or a gun at your head...you HAD to make C3. What would you do and how would you imorove it to appeal to the games234 of the world so they wouldnt feel so spurned by the company that they seek out message boards to harass folks who do enjoy it?

A game that ran well, no glitches or major lag. Balance, good maps good patch and map pack support.

Name me 1 wii FPS that did not have glitches. Most AAA games do. I ran into scores of them in Assassins Creed 3, for instance.

Lag is more on the end of hardware, not software...I've had laggy CoD games, RE Rev games, etc. I dont find this an issue HVS can do much with (cept maybe not pushing the hardware as far as lobby size goes)

Patch support....C2 had patches post launch up to afew months out, same as Blops/CoD for wii.

Map packs/ map pack support were never released on wii for any FPS..despite Blops saying/suggesting so in its manual, but here is hoping wii u will buck that trend.

So basically all the things you would have done or would want either could not be done on wii or were done in comparable fashion to the triple A shooters.

I'm begining to think your points of contention with this game are either unfair (in comparison with other wii shooters that share the problems/traits.) or misplaced...and that you just didnt like wii.

Go Play a 360 shooter and then see if HVS can live up to that they can not.
#54kilfrfunPosted 1/3/2013 3:39:51 PM
OS no doubt especially because they even added machines of it into the game itself, but as the foremost Halo player on this board (currently 56 out of 70 in rank) i'd say that it's whatever because no-one really drinks MD we just take the caps and use the codes.

But Orange Soda is the winner anyway
---
We need Dinos
#55HungoverHero777Posted 1/3/2013 3:46:59 PM
games1256 posted...
old_man_mossy posted...
games1256 posted...
old_man_mossy posted...
I significantly enjoyed C2, if they improved it...well, bonus for me and those that share my preference

I'm curious though....what would make it improved enough for you. Lets pretend you ran HVS...and by choice or a gun at your head...you HAD to make C3. What would you do and how would you imorove it to appeal to the games234 of the world so they wouldnt feel so spurned by the company that they seek out message boards to harass folks who do enjoy it?

A game that ran well, no glitches or major lag. Balance, good maps good patch and map pack support.

Name me 1 wii FPS that did not have glitches. Most AAA games do. I ran into scores of them in Assassins Creed 3, for instance.

Lag is more on the end of hardware, not software...I've had laggy CoD games, RE Rev games, etc. I dont find this an issue HVS can do much with (cept maybe not pushing the hardware as far as lobby size goes)

Patch support....C2 had patches post launch up to afew months out, same as Blops/CoD for wii.

Map packs/ map pack support were never released on wii for any FPS..despite Blops saying/suggesting so in its manual, but here is hoping wii u will buck that trend.

So basically all the things you would have done or would want either could not be done on wii or were done in comparable fashion to the triple A shooters.

I'm begining to think your points of contention with this game are either unfair (in comparison with other wii shooters that share the problems/traits.) or misplaced...and that you just didnt like wii.

My, you have an answer to everything, don't you?

Also, again, commas bro. Use them.
---
My ideas for Crash Bandicoot Returns: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64976858
Official "Co-Pun-isher" of the C2 board.
#56old_man_mossyPosted 1/3/2013 4:18:26 PM
games1256 posted...
old_man_mossy posted...
games1256 posted...
old_man_mossy posted...

I dont want to play the 360 due to sub par controls (I dont like analogs)

that said, all the CoD's and Golden Eye are also on 360, and I've enjoyed them on wii...but they were nothing outstandingly awesome.

Now, if you would have given a more obvious answer like C2 needing to have more modes/objectives or a lobby system for clans...things HVS has heard us go on about both here and other places (and something I'd expect to see in a C3) then I'd assign more personal merit to your opinion.

Instead you tell me to go play an xbox? lol...just no. 'Their' experience isnt anything significantly special anyway, imo.
---
"Insurrection is the most sacred of the rights and the most idispensible of duties" - Marquis de La Fayette
#57B05S_BrennanPosted 1/3/2013 4:29:47 PM
games1256 posted...
Balance

Name any gun or perk. If you think it's OP, I'll name a counter. If you think it's UP, I'll name a player that can kick ass with it.

good maps

This is a matter of opinion, but unlike CoD: BO2, the maps can be traversed very smoothly.
---
(>^.^)>http://conduitwii.boards.net/<(^.^<)
http://www.youtube.com/user/B05SxBrennan?feature=mhee
#58B05S_BrennanPosted 1/3/2013 4:57:03 PM
games1256 posted...
old_man_mossy posted...
games1256 posted...
old_man_mossy posted...

I own a 360 along with Halo 3, 4 and Reach and many lesser known shooters (i.e. Section 8, Nexuiz). I also own the Wii U version of BO2. So I have played a few of these so-called "AAA" Shooters. It's them that don't live up to Conduit in my opinion.
---
(>^.^)>http://conduitwii.boards.net/<(^.^<)
http://www.youtube.com/user/B05SxBrennan?feature=mhee
#59kilfrfunPosted 1/4/2013 5:04:07 AM
B05S_Brennan posted...
games1256 posted...
old_man_mossy posted...
games1256 posted...
old_man_mossy posted...

I own a 360 along with Halo 3, 4 and Reach and many lesser known shooters (i.e. Section 8, Nexuiz). I also own the Wii U version of BO2. So I have played a few of these so-called "AAA" Shooters. It's them that don't live up to Conduit in my opinion.

Reach doesn't count, just doesn't count.
And also 2 was the best anyway
---
We need Dinos
#60danner12(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 6:21:24 AM
1Pefrog posted...
Sorry Dan. Your post has been commandeered. It was a great post. I really like thinking about how sodas and conduit went together. Although, I don't drink soda.

I know Dug. I'm not liking the direction of this.

I thought I would present my proposal to the folks at Coke that head up Mello Yello. I mean, they shouldn't let Dew dominate the gaming demographic which probably represents a good amount of soda consumption. Mello Yello and Conduit are the Davids to the Halo/Dew Goliath. But, for them to hitch their wagon to C3, HVS would probably have to smooth out the bugs, glitches, and potential for hacks etc. Which would be a win for us!

Ok, I think I see where the Orange soda is coming from...the Trust platform Orange soda machine? "Don't damage the orange soda machines!" --Adams

But, it's a generic orange soda. Is that because gamers would find in game advertising offensive?