Mountain Dew is to Halo as <blank> is to the Conduit?

#61LigersRulePosted 1/4/2013 6:49:53 AM
danner12 posted...
I know Dug. I'm not liking the direction of this.

I thought I would present my proposal to the folks at Coke that head up Mello Yello. I mean, they shouldn't let Dew dominate the gaming demographic which probably represents a good amount of soda consumption. Mello Yello and Conduit are the Davids to the Halo/Dew Goliath. But, for them to hitch their wagon to C3, HVS would probably have to smooth out the bugs, glitches, and potential for hacks etc. Which would be a win for us!

Ok, I think I see where the Orange soda is coming from...the Trust platform Orange soda machine? "Don't damage the orange soda machines!" --Adams

But, it's a generic orange soda. Is that because gamers would find in game advertising offensive?

Actually, there's a lot more story to the Orange Soda than that. It actually started here, on GameFAQs on the pre-launch TCon message board, about 4 years ago. Some guys voted on what the official board food and drink of The Conduit should be, and Doritos and Orange Soda was voted in, just because that's what people wanted at the time. Then, somebody created a Doritos and Orange Soda challenge. To buy the game with some Doritos and Orange soda, and before you open it, to snap a picture of you with your game snacks.

It was all fun and games until then... But then, HVSTony changed everything. He posted a bunch of pictures (which have long since expired) on the message board of HVS employees with about 20 copies of The Conduit, and TONS of Doritos and Orange Soda. Since then, it has been a Conduit staple, and those have become the official food and drink of The Conduit, even to the point of HVS adding Orange Soda machines into Conduit 2 in reference to us at GameFAQs.

Links:
The Conduit Challenge: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/947068-the-conduit/49376207
HVS Challenge Response: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/947068-the-conduit/50149105

Can't find the original topic that decided what the official food and drink was, but I'm pretty sure I posted in it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/LigsGames
New Gaming Video's Daily. --- Subscribers:20 Views: 758
#621PefrogPosted 1/4/2013 8:29:51 AM
Topic back on track!
---
C2: dug - 3868-8372-1864, B05S^dug - 0047-0791-1923
Conduit: dug - 4898-3703-8171
#63Rybuger1Posted 1/4/2013 11:18:18 AM
LigersRule posted...
It was all fun and games until then... But then, HVSTony changed everything. He posted a bunch of pictures (which have long since expired) on the message board of HVS employees with about 20 copies of The Conduit, and TONS of Doritos and Orange Soda. Since then, it has been a Conduit staple, and those have become the official food and drink of The Conduit, even to the point of HVS adding Orange Soda machines into Conduit 2 in reference to us at GameFAQs.

Can't forget the orange soda machines in C2's campaign! I'm kind of surprised that there weren't any generic cheese nacho chip vending machines in C2.
#64xXAISPXxPosted 1/4/2013 11:24:18 AM
Rybuger1 posted...
LigersRule posted...

Can't forget the orange soda machines in C2's campaign! I'm kind of surprised that there weren't any generic cheese nacho chip vending machines in C2.

Lol
---
TCon-{AISP FC: 3954-8764-7672}
Con2-{AISP FC: 4083-8526-7529 HC-AISP FC: 4642-7312-4915}
#65danner12(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 11:32:46 AM
Thanks for the background info Lig.

I think the Golden Destroyer would look great on the side of a can of soda.