#31timmyboivaajPosted 1/7/2013 5:26:49 PM
B05S_Brennan posted...
timmyboivaaj posted...
1Pefrog posted...
timmyboivaaj = tout

right?

Timmyboivaaj = cartman

Welcome to the board Cartman.

Thankyou bo5s. Looking forward to seening u all in game.
#32CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 1/7/2013 8:59:10 PM(edited)
CarbonizerMike posted...
A-Thon didn't mention lag Chain. That has nothing to do with what he said. He talked about someone getting 30 kills when the other team can't break 10. And there are a only a few players I've ever seen with a lag advantage, Cold_Night being the most prominent.

Lag and Connection advantage are separate things.

Also, I'm not speaking about it as if certain players simply have an advantage over others period.
But in a match by match basis, or between two specific people.

Though I do think certain players do very consistently have a connection advantage in big lobbies.

Also, sometimes advantage goes to a particular team.
I'm sure you've all seen games where one team is unable to get any kills at all.

And I'm sure you've all been in situations where it was extremely difficult to get kills, and then there's a host migration, and suddenly its easy.

One VERY VERY recognizable form of connection advantage can be seen on teams, when one team has trouble spawning, either because of a migrating host, or because its hanging on "Re spawning".

There are also instances where certain people get 5 second respawns in shared stock. HUGE advantage there.

Things like this happen all the time, and they play a major role in the outcome of the game.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#33CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 1/9/2013 10:17:15 PM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
CarbonizerMike posted...
A-Thon didn't mention lag Chain. That has nothing to do with what he said. He talked about someone getting 30 kills when the other team can't break 10. And there are a only a few players I've ever seen with a lag advantage, Cold_Night being the most prominent.

Also, I'm not speaking about it as if certain players simply have an advantage over others period.

Though I do think certain players do very consistently have a connection advantage in big lobbies.

I'm sure you've all seen games where one team is unable to get any kills at all.

And I'm sure you've all been in situations where it was extremely difficult to get kills, and then there's a host migration, and suddenly its easy.

One VERY VERY recognizable form of connection advantage can be seen on teams, when one team has trouble spawning, either because of a migrating host, or because its hanging on "Re spawning".

There are also instances where certain people get 5 second respawns in shared stock. HUGE advantage there.

Things like this happen all the time, and they play a major role in the outcome of the game.

Bump.

Lets keep this edgy discussion going, I like it.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#341PefrogPosted 1/10/2013 5:37:56 AM
Fine Chain ...

My feeling is that supercharger and the speed control point contribute to 'lag'. Obviously it is harder to hit someone that is moving faster, but I think the game itself has a hard time detecting when someone hits someone with supercharger.
---
C2: dug - 3868-8372-1864, B05S^dug - 0047-0791-1923
Conduit: dug - 4898-3703-8171
#35Hawke0Posted 1/10/2013 5:50:29 AM(edited)
Even if a player isnt cheating they don't belong in a game if theyre getting 30 kills while everyone else can't even break ten.

0/10
---
now playing Metroid, Castlevania III, Punch Out, and StarTropics.
Super Mario Bros Lost Levels>World>3
#36B05S_BrennanPosted 1/10/2013 9:09:49 AM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
CarbonizerMike posted...

I think you take this way too seriously, Chain. I honestly haven't seen any of these affecting the outcome of the game very often. Besides, even if it does, you just have to treat it like part of the game, because it is. And like I've said before, I believe there are various things in the game that appear to be lag, but are really glitches.

I also believe that no matter what, every player will lag to an extent in every match.
---
(>^.^)>http://conduitwii.boards.net/<(^.^<)
#37CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 1/10/2013 11:07:47 AM
B05S_Brennan posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
CarbonizerMike posted...

I think you take this way too seriously, Chain. I honestly haven't seen any of these affecting the outcome of the game very often. Besides, even if it does, you just have to treat it like part of the game, because it is. And like I've said before, I believe there are various things in the game that appear to be lag, but are really glitches.

I also believe that no matter what, every player will lag to an extent in every match.

You did read where I said I'm not talking about lag?
Because It was the very first sentence of my post.

And I'm not saying you shouldn't treat it as part of the game, in fact, thats exactly what I'm saying. It is part of the game, so we should recognize that these advantages exist, and that after a certain point, there's nothing we can do about it.

As for not deciding the outcome of the match, well, thats easy to say when you're doing alright.
To be perfectly frank, Asking you or mike about connection advantage is like asking ExxonMobil about global warming.

But I can honestly say that, Every time I've gotten a 15 Kill streak. Something wasn't right.
Because... My shots where all hitting. Perfectly. Everything was happening as I expected. When I shot people, they would die.
And you might say, "What? how could something be all wrong if the game is doing what its supposed to?"
But the thing is, most of the time, for most people ( as far as I can tell ), that Isn't how the game works.
Normally you can't go more than a handfull of kills before... Phantom Grenade. Or somebody who you just can't seem to hit joins the game, or somebody good just gets a legitimate kill on you. Or something just completely stupid happens.

As for taking things too seriously?
Not really. I'm mostly here for the sake of discussion. And because I'm curious to hear what everybody's elses experiences are, and because I've not actually been able to play the game recently.

and @ Dug.
I agree 100%. In fact, I think that whole higher movement speed has a lot to do with why Con2 seems more laggy than Tcon.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#38B05S_BrennanPosted 1/10/2013 4:10:15 PM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
As for not deciding the outcome of the match, well, thats easy to say when you're doing alright.

And saying it does affect the outcome is easy to say if you're not doing well.

To be perfectly frank, Asking you or mike about connection advantage is like asking ExxonMobil about global warming.

I've had more connection issues playing with you than with Mike. Mike's connection is great for me. I used to think he had a bad one because it was impossible to OHKO him, but know we've figured out that Exp. Focus reduces SPAS damage.

But I can honestly say that, Every time I've gotten a 15 Kill streak. Something wasn't right.
Because... My shots where all hitting. Perfectly. Everything was happening as I expected. When I shot people, they would die.
And you might say, "What? how could something be all wrong if the game is doing what its supposed to?"
But the thing is, most of the time, for most people ( as far as I can tell ), that Isn't how the game works.
Normally you can't go more than a handfull of kills before... Phantom Grenade. Or somebody who you just can't seem to hit joins the game, or somebody good just gets a legitimate kill on you. Or something just completely stupid happens.

Has anyone even proven that these are caused by lag/connection? They're one of those things I believe are actually glitches, not lag/connection.
---
#39CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 1/10/2013 5:51:26 PM
B05S_Brennan posted...

And saying it does affect the outcome is easy to say if you're not doing well.

But I do do well :p
In fact, I do So well, I like to challenge myself to play w/o perks using my Discover accnt.

I've had more connection issues playing with you than with Mike. Mike's connection is great for me. I used to think he had a bad one because it was impossible to OHKO him, but know we've figured out that Exp. Focus reduces SPAS damage.

Mike has always had a bad connection w/ me. Although much better recently.
Until he started coming here, I used to report him every single match, or just plain leave when I saw him join. He literally used to be up there with Lagger and Cold_Night when he first started playing.

And if you're judging my connection based on those BL matches... There was something going on. Either it was some sort of glitch, or somebody was streaming movies or something. The way the lag got progressively worse was Super bizarre.

Has anyone even proven that these are caused by lag/connection? They're one of those things I believe are actually glitches, not lag/connection.

I'm using the term "connection advantage" very broadly. There are definitely a lot of glitches playing into this.
But I also do think they can be related w/ lag.
Phantom grenades though, I'm pretty sure they are almost all lag.
There are certain players where I almost never see their grenades. ( GX4 )
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#40B05S_BrennanPosted 1/10/2013 8:08:27 PM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
And if you're judging my connection based on those BL matches...

I'm judging it based off of matches I've had with you on your discover account.

There was something going on. Either it was some sort of glitch, or somebody was streaming movies or something. The way the lag got progressively worse was Super bizarre.

Nobody was using the internet on my end

Phantom grenades though, I'm pretty sure they are almost all lag.
There are certain players where I almost never see their grenades. ( GX4 )

Idk, they really look like a visual glitch.

I not sure I've ever come across an invisible grenade though.
---