Plz report player

#41CynralKynathelPosted 1/11/2013 6:33:19 AM
B05S_Brennan posted...
Idk, they really look like a visual glitch.

I not sure I've ever come across an invisible grenade though.

I have. I always thought it was lag and I constantly call them lag grenades now. The most deadliest grenades of all. You see someone throw it, but what happens is it slides down them and explodes but you take damage for some reason. Sometimes I'll just hear the clink and the explosion and then suddenly I take damage or die. It's annoying.

Or even those rads that catch 50m to the right of you and you still take damage.
---
Pseudo-official Co-'Pun'-isher of the Conduit 2 Board. Free-Lancer clan FTW! Too bad you can't join.
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/23206541.jpg
#421PefrogPosted 1/11/2013 3:31:24 PM
I thought we called them 'ghost grenades'? Also happens with the SMAW to me. The SMAWers shell looks like it explodes right by them but it must explode on me because I die.
---
C2: dug - 3868-8372-1864, B05S^dug - 0047-0791-1923
Conduit: dug - 4898-3703-8171
#43CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 1/11/2013 4:18:47 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure those are caused by de-syncing.

A couple of times I've looked at replays, and seen myself. And I wouldn't be laggy at all, in fact I looked perfectly predictable.
However, I'd be showing up on their screen like 10 feet from where I was actually standing on my screen.

This happens a lot to me w/ ventus.
Ventus will be ( on my screen ) hiding behind a wall. And I'll just be waiting, and watching. Then suddenly I'll see this huge explosion behind the wall ventus is hiding behind, and then a few seconds later I'll die.

I'll also occasionally have problems where I'll be hiding around a corner, waiting for somebody to pop out so I can shoot them, and then I'll suddenly die, and then as I'm falling see somebody pop around the corner and spaz where I was just standing.
The problem here is probably de-sync. While on my screen I'm hiding happily behind a wall, on the other person's screen, I'm just barely a few feet away, and standing out in the open.

Tcon also had some pretty nasty related issues.
The biggest would be the inability to pop your head out briefly.
I used to always try pop my head out in order to play mind games and to hold peoples attention, etc. but the problem was no matter how briefly I exposed myself, I'd always be open to taking damage for around a second or two. Meaning that, while on my screen I was safe, on opponents screens, I would pop out, stop for a second, and then return.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#44_SignalPosted 1/11/2013 4:31:27 PM
Well, I've stayed out of this as long as I can.

Connection advantages, either intentional or unknown, certainly exist, and I also am not talking about what we typically consider "lag." I tried to dissect this a couple of months ago in a thread that I think simply died.

No discussion of CA would be complete without mentioning Samu. I don't bring this up to discount his skills in any way whatsoever. He was an outstanding player that almost always managed to be in the right place at the right time, good with tactics, and knew the maps better than almost anyone.

Having said that, he was also the fastest dude around.

I know that at one point some of us suspected him of running the speed hack, but I really don't think he did. He just had a mild connection advantage.

We could be in a 1v1, in Streets Prime, and he could hop on and off the car in the street so fast that it was actually not possible for me to hit him. I remember one match that this went on for what must have been a full minute. He didn't even shoot at me. He just hopped on and off one of those dumb cars and I absolutely could not land a shot. Eventually I got tired of shooting and him and then just started messing around.

It's too bad that this game doesn't have something like COD TV, that way everyone could see how they appear to other players. That is one CoD feature I'd like to see added to C3.
---
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226
Oh, and by the way, I'm games3579. Shhhhh.
#45CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 1/11/2013 5:05:29 PM
_Signal posted...
Well, I've stayed out of this as long as I can.

Connection advantages, either intentional or unknown, certainly exist, and I also am not talking about what we typically consider "lag." I tried to dissect this a couple of months ago in a thread that I think simply died.

No discussion of CA would be complete without mentioning Samu. I don't bring this up to discount his skills in any way whatsoever. He was an outstanding player that almost always managed to be in the right place at the right time, good with tactics, and knew the maps better than almost anyone.

Having said that, he was also the fastest dude around.

I know that at one point some of us suspected him of running the speed hack, but I really don't think he did. He just had a mild connection advantage.

We could be in a 1v1, in Streets Prime, and he could hop on and off the car in the street so fast that it was actually not possible for me to hit him. I remember one match that this went on for what must have been a full minute. He didn't even shoot at me. He just hopped on and off one of those dumb cars and I absolutely could not land a shot. Eventually I got tired of shooting and him and then just started messing around.

It's too bad that this game doesn't have something like COD TV, that way everyone could see how they appear to other players. That is one CoD feature I'd like to see added to C3.

For Samu... Well.

I know certain movements are not anticipated by client players.
For instance, I know how to crouch, but have it so I appear standing to all other players.

So you can actually probably cause de-sync by making certain maneuvers or by taking certain shortcuts. And that could be one of the things contributing to Samu being so strange to play.

The speed though, It is undeniable that on occasion certain players just plain move faster than other. The best example I've experienced was in a match against derpy.
It was a team death match on HC ( so we were the only ones playing )

He was standing at the tallest tower, the one w/ the control point, and he sniped me w/ the SR, a few seconds later I spawned on the tower the opposite end, the one you can jump out of the level from, and I was looking around for him, and... He backstabbed me.
So somehow, perkless derpy was able to cross the entire level in less than 8 seconds.

Totally blew my mind.

I've been trying to figure it out since then, but I'm mostly at a loss as to what causes the whole player speed thing.
I have a feeling though it might have something to do with speed control points, and I think the glitch happens when a player joins the game.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656