The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Kick starter

#1games1256Posted 1/7/2013 5:40:42 PM
Would you guys start a kick starter for a new conduit game? If that would be the only way to get more conduit.
#2_SignalPosted 1/7/2013 5:48:39 PM
Is this a joke?

A small piece of meat to attract the prey?

Did you make this thread just so that people would post and you can tell them that they would be wasting their money?

If Kickstarter is what I understand it to be, which is basically a way to collect funding for a project up front, then yes, I would support it. It's not like I would put $20,000 into it, but I would support it for C3.

The problem that I see with C3 as a kickstarter project it too many chefs in the kitchen spoil the meal. Everyone has such strong opinions of what should be in the game, and frequently they can't be reconciled with one another.

Have any Kickstarter funded games made it into production?
---
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226
Oh, and by the way, I'm games3579. Shhhhh.
#3games1256(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 5:51:54 PM
_Signal posted...
Is this a joke?

A small piece of meat to attract the prey?

Did you make this thread just so that people would post and you can tell them that they would be wasting their money?

If Kickstarter is what I understand it to be, which is basically a way to collect funding for a project up front, then yes, I would support it. It's not like I would put $20,000 into it, but I would support it for C3.

The problem that I see with C3 as a kickstarter project it too many chefs in the kitchen spoil the meal. Everyone has such strong opinions of what should be in the game, and frequently they can't be reconciled with one another.

Its just a question people can choose to answer or not. Plenty of games has gotten into production that other wise would not. Plus its just funding the game designers has the say in what the game is going to be.
#4games1256(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 6:01:07 PM
Everyone who would invest in the game would get a report on how the game is going. Plus get a copy of the game when it is finished.
#5Aiden-OJPosted 1/7/2013 6:06:00 PM
aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh
---
Xbox 360 GamerTag: ajwmawesome - Now playing: 007 Legends,Minecraft 360
PlayStation 3 PSN ID: BlueStar7152 - Now playing: Uncharted,NFS Most Wanted-Criterion
#6LigersRulePosted 1/7/2013 6:18:38 PM
_Signal posted...

Tons. Like, seriously tons. Not many "full" games, as in console games, so I doubt they would do it for a retail release Conduit 3, but plenty of iPhone/Android games, including a personal favorite of mine, Curiosity, and some download games for 360 and PS3. Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but I think Cloudberry Kingdom for the Wii U and other consoles was funded by KickStarter.

Peter Molynuex does it a lot, as well as a lot of MMO developers.

I personally think I would support it. Maybe as much as $100, though not right now. Contact me at the end of Basketball season, when I get paid for doing College Pep Band. Then I might even go as high as $200. But at the moment, probably $25-$50.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/LigsGames
New Gaming Video's Daily. --- Subscribers:20 Views: 758
#7games1256(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 6:19:01 PM
Aiden-OJ posted...
aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

The most useless post of the day.
#81PefrogPosted 1/7/2013 6:26:25 PM
games1256 posted...
Aiden-OJ posted...
aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

The most useless post of the day.

dug posted

'ber der'

the day is not over
---
C2: dug - 3868-8372-1864, B05S^dug - 0047-0791-1923
Conduit: dug - 4898-3703-8171
#9B05S_BrennanPosted 1/7/2013 7:29:15 PM
I'd donate some.
---
(>^.^)>http://conduitwii.boards.net/<(^.^<)
#10MindesynPosted 1/7/2013 9:25:49 PM
Kickstarter is a legitimate idea for a C3, but it would be the same as donating to HVS, since a) We cant control how the game will turn out and b) HVS own intellectual property on their Conduit series. Maybe a Conduit copy game if you had a team of devs to be able to make a Wii U downloadable title or something.

Id give money, just cause none of the other Kickstarter projects have interested me. The Ouya was an interesting idea, but I see way too many complications with its 'mod friendly' interface. As a console, it wont make it online.
---
Black Ops 2: Mindesyn
Sucks to be you cause I hack to counter hack hackers like you that hack so hackers gone legit dont get hacked