Kick starter

#11old_man_mossyPosted 1/7/2013 9:53:47 PM(edited)
Gaming is not charity.

That said, I better get a free copy, cause I'd gladly donate...or if my wildest dreams see market, buy it out from under them and develop it as a Full-Clip title to be either self published as a direct to download...or God willing, a self published deal with real freakin discs...yeah I'm old school and dumb like that. :)

Likely not to happen...but I am saving money from my share of the litho business....we are a service economy and with the Fed getting into it to arse everything up with high quotas and crap payout...I see it as a sign to diversify, lol.

Again I know it's a pipe dream...but it's also motivation.
---
A big part of me tries very hard to behave. A small part of me laughs at the effort and behaves like an ass, anyway.
#12MindesynPosted 1/8/2013 7:24:17 AM

Pretty sure only 5% of the board understood all that, The other 95% will claim they do, but just be googling half of the terms. Either way doubt any donations would merit a free copy. You just get the satisfaction of your game being made or your fave dev pocketing your money haha. I donated to Oprainfall to localize Xenoblade, Last Story, and Pandora's Tower, and I got 2/3, and man was it worth it.
---
Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Mindesyn
At first I was like, I could beat him, then he took the hat off and s*** got real!
#13LigersRulePosted 1/8/2013 9:39:06 AM
Mindesyn posted...

Pretty sure only 5% of the board understood all that, The other 95% will claim they do, but just be googling half of the terms. Either way doubt any donations would merit a free copy. You just get the satisfaction of your game being made or your fave dev pocketing your money haha. I donated to Oprainfall to localize Xenoblade, Last Story, and Pandora's Tower, and I got 2/3, and man was it worth it.

Actually, kickstarter usually DOES give exclusive benefits, depending on the amount you donate. If you donate upwards of $100, they better give you a free copy, or the kickstarter will never succeed. Some people give away exclusive skins, or timed exclusive weapons, or stuff like that. A free copy should be required.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/LigsGames
New Gaming Video's Daily. --- Subscribers:20 Views: 758