Lol, I can't play this game anymore.

#21_SignalPosted 1/12/2013 11:54:38 AM
My advice to those who want a smooth running C2 experience is to buddy up with a couple of friends that play at the same time you do, and stick to private matches with 6 players or less whenever possible.

No one ever said that the Wii didn't have limitations.

It's no fun playing in a laggy match.

And I've gotta agree with Mossy on the analog controller for an FPS game. I was pretty excited about the Aliens game until I learned it was dual analog. Reminds me of too many nights with cramping hands and numb thumb playing on the NES.

Oh, and hi Games. What about Yahtzee? Do you like that game?
---
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226
Oh, and by the way, I'm games3579. Shhhhh.
#22CarbonizerMikePosted 1/12/2013 2:53:05 PM
_Signal posted...
I was pretty excited about the Aliens game until I learned it was dual analog. Reminds me of too many nights with cramping hands and numb thumb playing on the NES.

Wii U developers are being incredibly stubborn and lazy. The gaming industry in general does not like the Wii. In fact, they despise it for being mass market and having titles like Wii Sports. You'd think the industry would be happy to support a better FPS control scheme, but nope. I've read so many interviews and articles where developers bash the Wii Remote and even the PS Move or at the very least say they won't support it because it's not what they're going for. There really is no excuse for not supporting the PS Move in Black Ops 2. I feel bad for PS3 owners.

In the completely backwards minds of these developers, dual analog is the perfect FPS control setup, but in reality it's far from that. I have no doubt that Aliens will be dual analog only. The developers proclaimed multiple times that the GamePad is the best FPS controller ever made and never mentioned the Wii Remote. But the developers don't get to decide that - we do. We buy the games. We will tell developers which control methods are the best, not the other way around. And every developer who tries to ram dual analog down my throat loses a sale. Plain and simple. 007 Legends already lost me as a potential customer. Aliens will likely do the same.

I expect more developers to refuse to support the Wii Remote, and in return I expect those games to sell terribly. This system is called a Wii. It's in the name. It's still a motion controlled system. The Wii Remote is still required for certain games, and even the GamePad has motion controls built in.

Anyway, that's my rant.

HVS, are you reading this? Give us another FPS. You're the only ones who do the controls right.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watchmeplaynintendo
Status: Jaye killed me - http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/5632/jayemurder.jpg
#23CynralKynathelPosted 1/12/2013 3:51:02 PM
CarbonizerMike posted...
_Signal posted...
I was pretty excited about the Aliens game until I learned it was dual analog. Reminds me of too many nights with cramping hands and numb thumb playing on the NES.

Wii U developers are being incredibly stubborn and lazy. The gaming industry in general does not like the Wii. In fact, they despise it for being mass market and having titles like Wii Sports. You'd think the industry would be happy to support a better FPS control scheme, but nope. I've read so many interviews and articles where developers bash the Wii Remote and even the PS Move or at the very least say they won't support it because it's not what they're going for. There really is no excuse for not supporting the PS Move in Black Ops 2. I feel bad for PS3 owners.

In the completely backwards minds of these developers, dual analog is the perfect FPS control setup, but in reality it's far from that. I have no doubt that Aliens will be dual analog only. The developers proclaimed multiple times that the GamePad is the best FPS controller ever made and never mentioned the Wii Remote. But the developers don't get to decide that - we do. We buy the games. We will tell developers which control methods are the best, not the other way around. And every developer who tries to ram dual analog down my throat loses a sale. Plain and simple. 007 Legends already lost me as a potential customer. Aliens will likely do the same.

I expect more developers to refuse to support the Wii Remote, and in return I expect those games to sell terribly. This system is called a Wii. It's in the name. It's still a motion controlled system. The Wii Remote is still required for certain games, and even the GamePad has motion controls built in.

Anyway, that's my rant.

HVS, are you reading this? Give us another FPS. You're the only ones who do the controls right.

This^ x100000000000
I really dislike dual analog. It feels so clunky, you can only go in one of the 8 directions really. You can't make a nice curve, its a clunky, zig-zaggy line. However, I'm still gonna try to buy aliens. It's looks like a lot of fun. HVS definitely needs to make another shooter, any kind as long as it is like conduit with multiplayer and unique weapons and stuff.
---
Pseudo-official Co-'Pun'-isher of the Conduit 2 Board. Free-Lancer clan FTW! Too bad you can't join.
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/23206541.jpg
#24old_man_mossyPosted 1/12/2013 7:18:31 PM
CarbonizerMike posted...
_Signal posted...

Anyway, that's my rant.

The tag line for the Wii U is even...how will U play next? They have given us enough option for shooters, between the Wii mote, Pro Controller, or gyros/acc. for the tablet (like an option for the 3DS w/resident evil rev. and face raiders) or again with the tablet control via. touch screen (like Metroid Prime Hunters, or kid Icarus)

What I find very telling is how many devs are also gimping the tablet, with features that aren't that great and are more gimmicky and dull. Exception I can think of ZombiU.

HVS doesn't have the best record for supporting anything but the Wii mote...for instance the CCP and how short changed it is with no lockon...but they seem to try (though this could simply be because Black Ops offered it first, as did Golden Eye...which even additionally supported game cube controllers.) And that's more than most devs are doing.

I'd be surprised if Wii U Aliens C.M. supported Wii mote due to the touchscreen being reworked into a second, separate visual screen. I'm hoping there might be a way to override it, so if you really want to you can have the PS/360 version and play using the mote. However, for the aliens...since they are 3rd person rendered on TV...I'll use tablet; especially since you can supposedly use the feed rendered on the tablet to see through the aliens eyes (kinda like a duel heads up)

For me, while I love the Wii mote...I'm having a blast playing AC3, have enjoyed Kid Icarus, and my funniest to watch most enjoyable play through of Resident Evil Rev. was using the gyroscope/screen combo...all different control schemes.

I'm not going to let controls I prefer pigion hole me and keep me from a franchise I love, or a game I'm psyched for, be it Aliens or ZombiU..that's a horror survival with shooter elements I'm looking forward to this Haloween. And IMO..it would have lost some cool elements if they gimped it to work on the Wii mote.
---
A big part of me tries very hard to behave. A small part of me laughs at the effort and behaves like an ass, anyway.
#25Hawke0Posted 1/12/2013 9:25:31 PM
^this
@Mike I don't know about MW3 or BO2, but in my time playing BO Wii, it's controls, after a lot of customization, were almost as good as C2 for hipfire and much better for ADS. Of course, ADS control always pales in comparison to hip fire control.
---
now playing Metroid, Castlevania III, Punch Out, and StarTropics.
Super Mario Bros Lost Levels>World>3
#26xXAISPXxPosted 1/12/2013 9:43:21 PM(edited)
CarbonizerMike posted...
_Signal posted...

Anyway, that's my rant.

Agreed by a longshot.
---
TCon-{AISP FC: 3954-8764-7672}
Con2-{AISP FC: 4083-8526-7529 HC-AISP FC: 4642-7312-4915}
#27B05S_BrennanPosted 1/13/2013 4:49:51 PM
Hawke0 posted...
^this
@Mike I don't know about MW3 or BO2, but in my time playing BO Wii, it's controls, after a lot of customization, were almost as good as C2 for hipfire and much better for ADS. Of course, ADS control always pales in comparison to hip fire control.

Conduit 2's cursor accuracy is way better. And as far as I know, there is no "turn while cursor is off screen" option.
---
(>^.^)>http://conduitwii.boards.net/<(^.^<)