HVS's little secret unveiled

#21CarbonizerMikePosted 1/8/2013 11:49:01 AM
A dual analog version of the first game? Yeah, no way in hell I'm touching that. First, I hate dual analog. Second, that Nvidia portable is going to die. That much is clear. Just look at the handheld graveyard to see how many companies have tried that and failed. Third, I have lost all interest in the first Conduit. I used to like it quite a bit, but now I can't go back to it. All the bunny-hopping, grenade spamming, Marathon/Streets/Explosives glitch exploiters and hackers can keep that game.

I don't mind HVS porting it. Port it all you like. I got my fun out of the game years ago and am ready for something new. HVS is a licensed Wii U developer, so I'd like to know what their Wii U plans are.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watchmeplaynintendo
Status: Jaye killed me - http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/5632/jayemurder.jpg
#22games1256Posted 1/8/2013 11:57:13 AM
PUNCHOUT1116 posted...
Willing to bet that this was the "news".

The news that no one on this board expected.
#23old_man_mossyPosted 1/8/2013 1:09:24 PM(edited)
games1256 posted...
PUNCHOUT1116 posted...

Pretty sure people DID suggest the news could be just re-releases in downloadable nature. I know I have suggested that point to folks who say the Conduit series is done, for awhile now.

The nividia thing was a surprise, the move to change the format to DL and away from/off of disc sure wasn't. I'm expecting it to follow through on the Wii U as well. (From my understanding the shield will not play TCON off a disc, but rather off of memory)

I'm not sure that's a clear indicator that TCON will go to the 3DS as a download...while the 3DS can handle games in a DL'd format like The new super Mario brothers/gold rush or OoT 3D...I have my doubts of its ability to support multiplayer shooters off of DL alone. Might be why KI Uprising never had a format change, I dunno.

It's arrival on the 3DS would likely have to be in cartridge form, less they release campaign levels that don't support MP. Least that's what I believe.

Have to wait and see...but once again games you were wrong, lol...
---
A big part of me tries very hard to behave. A small part of me laughs at the effort and behaves like an ass, anyway.
#24games1256Posted 1/8/2013 1:20:23 PM
old_man_mossy posted...
games1256 posted...
PUNCHOUT1116 posted...

Pretty sure people DID suggest the news could be just re-releases in downloadable nature. I know I have suggested that point to folks who say the Conduit series is done, for awhile now.

The nividia thing was a surprise, the move to change the format to DL and away from/off of disc sure wasn't. I'm expecting it to follow through on the Wii U as well. (From my understanding the shield will not play TCON off a disc, but rather off of memory)

I'm not sure that's a clear indicator that TCON will go to the 3DS as a download...while the 3DS can handle games in a DL'd format like The new super Mario brothers/gold rush or OoT 3D...I have my doubts of its ability to support multiplayer shooters off of DL alone. Might be why KI Uprising never had a format change, I dunno.

It's arrival on the 3DS would likely have to be in cartridge form, less they release campaign levels that don't support MP. Least that's what I believe.

I was right because I said that there would be no conduit 3 announced.
#25_SignalPosted 1/8/2013 1:31:04 PM
Actually, just to be clear, here is what Bob said:

"And we haven't forgotten about Conduit over here, either. I would expect some new Conduit-related news before the year is out."

He neither said C3 would be announced, nor that it would be precisely on January 1st.

Just wait for the actual announcement.
---
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226
Oh, and by the way, I'm games3579. Shhhhh.
#26xXAISPXxPosted 1/8/2013 1:35:10 PM
games1256 posted...
old_man_mossy posted...
games1256 posted...
PUNCHOUT1116 posted...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/991817-conduit-2/65067920

You also said no Conduit news.
---
TCon-{AISP FC: 3954-8764-7672}
Con2-{AISP FC: 4083-8526-7529 HC-AISP FC: 4642-7312-4915}
#27CynralKynathelPosted 1/8/2013 1:37:24 PM
games1256 posted...
old_man_mossy posted...
games1256 posted...
PUNCHOUT1116 posted...

That has yet to be decided.
Unless the Nividia thing comes from Bob himself, I'm not going to count it as the real news.
---
Pseudo-official Co-'Pun'-isher of the Conduit 2 Board. Free-Lancer clan FTW! Too bad you can't join.
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/23206541.jpg
#28xXAISPXxPosted 1/8/2013 1:38:20 PM
_Signal posted...

"And we haven't forgotten about Conduit over here, either. I would expect some new Conduit-related news before the year is out."

He neither said C3 would be announced, nor that it would be precisely on January 1st.

Also, he said Conduit related which totally surprised me.
---
TCon-{AISP FC: 3954-8764-7672}
Con2-{AISP FC: 4083-8526-7529 HC-AISP FC: 4642-7312-4915}
#29PUNCHOUT1116Posted 1/8/2013 1:40:47 PM
I will say this: more power to em. If they can't make it in the console world, a different approach is understandable
---
-
Certified Horse Proctologist
#30games1256Posted 1/8/2013 1:49:26 PM
_Signal posted...

People on this board thought it was going to be C3.