How elements from CoD could be used to improve Conduit

#1_SignalPosted 1/16/2013 12:02:09 PM
Part 2 of my ongoing comparison and contrast of Conduit and Call of Duty.

Last time I talked about what I loved about Conduit 2

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/991817-conduit-2/65163758

Now lets explore some ideas from Call of Duty that could be incorporated into the Conduit franchise. There isn't much that I would want to bring from CoD to C2, but some elements of their online game seem so polished in comparison to C2.

The Party System
Wow, what a game changer. Go online. Join your friend in a party and play on the same team in every match. It's too bad that HVS overlooked this feature. Perhaps they had some early ideas about distinguishing Friends from Rivals which withered before they were fully realized.

I do see the potential for huge abuse in the party system however. Two or three OP players that always party up, what a disaster that would be. That's why we always tried to discourage putting together a clan made up of only the top level players here.

Obviously, there would need to be some kind of monitoring added to the Matchmaking System to make sure that two or three guys in a party didn't dominate match after match in pubs. Parties that scored a vastly disproportionate number of kills in three sequential matches would either be kicked or sent to League mode and matched with players with similar KDRs.

This should be easy to do since the system tracks combat records.

Additional game modes like League Mode
I haven't played this mode, but it says it matches skill levels of players. It always seemed like Matchmaking was supposed to do this but it never did. There are so many game modes in CoD. Obviously, this requires a larger fanbase, but all these ideas assume that would be the case.

Show the number of players and number of matches occurring online
Useful to know if you want to try leaving a match and joining another one.

COD TV
A way to go back and view previously played matches from your or any other player's perspective! Is it cooler than sliced bread? Yeah, if the host enables it. Number one, it's just fun sometimes to go back and rewatch a match. Second, you can learn tactics from other players. Third, it would be alot easier to spot hackers and glitchers.

The Combat Record
It's pretty nice being able to view all the statistics of the other players.

Remove the region lock
Um. Yeah.

Comments?
---
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226
Oh, and by the way, I'm games3579. Shhhhh.
#2Falcon207Posted 1/16/2013 12:23:22 PM
GTFO Cmo
---
3311-1214-5168 (Mr. Falcon)
#3easter85Posted 1/16/2013 12:30:10 PM
The Combat Record exists in a way. It's called Last Game Stats
---
~Proud leader of [UKM]~
easter85: 3998-3706-8643
#4CheslukPosted 1/16/2013 1:56:18 PM
I wouldn't even call those CoD features since a lot of games had them before even CoD4 came out. Combat Record is just a stat tracker integrated into the game, Halo had the skill based matchmaking, theater modes have been around since atleast BF2, the party system is even older than that. The only thing you may be able to attribute to CoD is the active player count, but that's pretty useless unless the game doesn't have any server browsing.
---
"When Chesluk thinks about penguins, he touches himself." -SSJBrohan
http://i.imgur.com/uB5U6.jpg
#5Hawke0Posted 1/16/2013 4:22:08 PM
Make the party system only go up to %50-%60 of the number of players on a team, and only allow parties in HC.
---
"If someone went through all the trouble to utterly destroy my argument, I must be right"-tizzywilkillyou
#6_Signal(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 4:45:07 PM
Chesluk posted...
I wouldn't even call those CoD features since a lot of games had them before even CoD4 came out. Combat Record is just a stat tracker integrated into the game, Halo had the skill based matchmaking, theater modes have been around since atleast BF2, the party system is even older than that. The only thing you may be able to attribute to CoD is the active player count, but that's pretty useless unless the game doesn't have any server browsing.

I didn't mean to imply that all of these elements were developed exclusively for CoD, but rather that they are features included in the CoD Black Ops 2 game.

I think you're missing the point, which was that these are all features that I'd like to see included in the next, if there is another, Conduit game.

It is true that the Last Game Stats does show some statistics from the previous match, but the Combat Record is so comprehensive it's not really a fair comparison.

There is a lot to learn about online play from the CoD guys.
---
#7old_man_mossyPosted 1/16/2013 6:03:54 PM(edited)
I can't exactly remember for sure because black ops was mainly forgettable as was World at War...but Reflex had both Deathmatch and team Deathmatch. Though Deathmatch sounds like a FFA; it wasn't...it was team Deathmatch but without structured teams; just like C2 does now. Team Deathmatch, however, let you party up and pub stomp.

So you had both options available which was nice.

While not a big fan of Black Ops, I loved some of their different modes. Gun Game was awesome! So was one in the chamber...heck all the wager modes were fun.

I'd like to see C2 show even more creativity in the match style department. Sure, it does...I guess, but balloon battle and even bounty hunter can't live up to G.G. Or 1itC.

The texting feature was also very nice in blops and, though we have a similar function with Wii U games w/miiverse; for folks like Signal who don't do the miiverse getting a text message in game would be nice. (As well as more practical since you needn't temporarily exit out the game menus)
---
A big part of me tries very hard to behave. A small part of me laughs at the effort and behaves like an ass, anyway.
#8_Signal(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 10:33:45 PM
Hi Moss!

Also, I forgot to mention that in CoD you can play on many (if not all, I'm not sure) of the online multiplayer maps without actually playing against other players.

This is huge for learning the maps and testing how the weapons work.
---
#9PUNCHOUT1116Posted 1/16/2013 10:44:51 PM
Let us call in dogs in Conduit... without hacks
---
-
Good stuff
#10nightfire0013Posted 1/17/2013 11:42:11 PM
Robot dog pack!

Being able to start a custom without needing a second player would be nice.

A game mode similar to Old School from CoD4.

Maybe, if upgrades are to be kept, have the primary upgrade affect your appearance in one way or another.
---
At the end of the game, the King and the Pawn go into the same box.