What in the world is happening?

#41B05S_BrennanPosted 1/21/2013 12:27:13 PM(edited)
Falcon207 posted...
B05S_Brennan posted...
Falcon207 posted...
B05S_Brennan posted...
Falcon207 posted...
KittyCat: I'd say that too if I ran out of counter-arguments.

I was honestly joking, but seriously, it says right on the Brown Scapular "Whosoever dies wearing this Scapular shall not suffer eternal fire". Mary herself made this promise you know.

I don't view it as an easy way to heaven though.

If only that meant something.

You can talk to Mary about that.

I don't know what Mary's opinion on the issue was, but I do know the Bible doesn't say anywhere (assuming we're talking canonical Scripture) that wearing a pretty necklace gets you to heaven. The emphasis is on a faith-based form of salvation.

I'm Catholic. We have a lot more rules and beliefs than your typical Christians. We don't think "if it's not in the Bible, you shouldn't believe in it".

Also, I don't think it's the necklace that gets you to heaven. I have two beliefs about the brown Scapular. It could be that if you abuse it so that you can sin as much as you want, it won't save you, but I believe that it's a sign that you have faith in Mary, so Mary makes sure that your soul is clean enough at death to get to heaven.

Basically, it's not a ticket to heaven, it just means Mary will make sure you have the faith necessary to get to heaven.
---
(>^.^)>http://conduitwii.boards.net/<(^.^<)
#42Falcon207Posted 1/21/2013 1:32:04 PM
B05S_Brennan posted...

And who made these rules and beliefs?
---
3311-1214-5168 (Mr. Falcon)
#43B05S_BrennanPosted 1/21/2013 1:59:55 PM
Falcon207 posted...
B05S_Brennan posted...

And who made these rules and beliefs?

God, but sometimes Mary acts as a messenger for him. They have shown themselves to Saints for important messages. Like the Children of Fatima, the Brown Scapular Promise and St. Faustina. Just like the messages God spoke to the prophets in the old testament, and those are in the Bible, right?
---
#44AwesomeSinghPosted 1/21/2013 2:08:35 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#45LigersRulePosted 1/21/2013 2:11:11 PM
Wow, a religious debate on this board that doesn't involve me. Cool. This is new.

Just so you know, Brennan, even though we are of different religions, I will say that I am impressed with your faith. Not that my opinions mean anything, but it's quite a rare thing to see someone so dedicated.

Out of curiosity, when you say you are catholic, do you mean the kind that goes to church every week, or the kind that goes to church on Christmas and Easter? I have some cousins that only go twice a year, and it just seems weird to me.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/LigsGames
New Gaming Video's Daily. --- Subscribers:20 Views: 758
#46B05S_BrennanPosted 1/21/2013 2:24:03 PM
LigersRule posted...
Wow, a religious debate on this board that doesn't involve me. Cool. This is new.

Just so you know, Brennan, even though we are of different religions, I will say that I am impressed with your faith. Not that my opinions mean anything, but it's quite a rare thing to see someone so dedicated.

Out of curiosity, when you say you are catholic, do you mean the kind that goes to church every week, or the kind that goes to church on Christmas and Easter? I have some cousins that only go twice a year, and it just seems weird to me.

Thanks Lig. :D

I go every week, but being a true Catholic is something you have to do full time. A lot of people think that going to church every Sunday is enough, but it's not. You have be a Catholic 24/7, and live what you hear in Church. The "I'm only obligated to go Christmas and Easter" thing doesn't apply to your average Catholic. That's only supposed to be for people that have to work on weekends, like Emergency Doctors and Nurses. Also, you don't have to go if you're sick or something.
---
#471PefrogPosted 1/21/2013 3:27:48 PM
LigersRule posted...

Those are called Christers ... pronounced creaseters.
#48xXAISPXx(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 4:00:57 PM
LigersRule posted...

I go every week. Is that so weird?
---
TCon-{AISP FC: 3954-8764-7672}
Con2-{AISP FC: 4083-8526-7529 HC-AISP FC: 4642-7312-4915}
#49B05S_BrennanPosted 1/21/2013 5:49:29 PM
xXAISPXx posted...
LigersRule posted...

I go every week. Is that so weird?

He means that only going twice a year seems weird to him.
---
#50easter85Posted 1/30/2013 2:35:03 PM
B05S_Brennan posted...
Out of curiosity, when you say you are catholic, do you mean the kind that goes to church every week

i go every week
---
It's only weird if it doesn't work- Bud Light
easter85: 3998-3706-8643