I hate and love this game.

#11ScavengerwolfPosted 1/20/2013 12:33:33 PM
SMAW with TPC Launcher.....hate those things, I understand their weaknesses, but they're just so annoying!
#12B05S_BrennanPosted 1/20/2013 1:46:55 PM
Chariloe posted...
at least in TCon everyone was on an even playing field, and everyone started with the same weapons. You would have to go and find the power weapons to get an edge usually.

The thing is, you aren't able to spawn with a counter to those weapons players can find. You can find the counter, but if you don't know exactly where they are, you'll get killed by the player who's using the power weapon. This is why I find loadout systems more balanced than pick-up systems.

In C2 you can spawn with power weapons. That alone makes the weapons unbalanced. Not to mention that there are weapons that are just plain awful without damage perks and some that are overpowered with them.

Needing certain perks to be good isn't bad balance, because it takes up slots were perks that could make a weapon OP would go. Would you really want to play against a player who's using Stealth and a 2HK Strike Rifle?

SPAS, SCAR and perhaps USP, are the only ones that are OP with damage upgrades. And even they have counters.

The bloom when walking and jumping is completely unneccesary and was a feeble attempt to nerf weapons that were made stronger for no reason whatsoever (Strike Rifle).

I don't find the bloom annoying. It's a great way to balance bunnyhopping, although I agree that the cursor sizes for some weapons when you're simply walking could be bigger.
---
(>^.^)>http://conduitwii.boards.net/<(^.^<)
#13Rybuger1Posted 1/20/2013 1:50:01 PM
I think it's funny that the addition of bloom in HALO Reach and Conduit 2 got the exact same response from each game's fanbase. Some thought it balanced the game, but most thought it broke too much from what made the predecessor(s) fun.

I don't really care either way, though. :-P
#14Hawke0Posted 1/20/2013 3:36:30 PM
Their aren't any 'power weapons', BECAUSE everything has a counter. The only weapon I'd say is legitimately a power weapon is the carbonizer. The SMAW certainly isn't OP as Explosive Focus makes it irrelevant, although people like to pretend it is. Stealth or double armor for the most part counter the Phase Rifle.

But I do think they should tone down the walking/shooting bloom and increase jumping bloom.
---
Monster Hunter Tri is one of the best Capcom games of this generation.
Of course, that's not saying much.