Using a headset for C2 with the WiiU

#1_SignalPosted 1/20/2013 12:05:58 PM
What's the story here?

The headset is USB, right?

The WiiU is made to use the tablet mic and earbuds or whatever. I read that MH3Ultimate would support the USB keyboard, but has anyone tried their USB headset with C2 in Wii mode?
---
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226
Oh, and by the way, I'm games3579. Shhhhh.
#2old_man_mossyPosted 1/20/2013 3:19:34 PM
The turtle beach isn't USB but the after glow is. I have the turtlebeach and it reminds me of my old Walkman back in the cassette days, lol. It plugs into the headset jack with a cord and since the tablets so much bigger than, say, an iPhone/pod...it just brings me back. Even more so with the 3DS, which the beach is also compatible with (also why I picked it up) That things just the right size as a tapedeck XD

This has been geezer chat, with Mossy. See you all next week, God willing.

To be serious though, I'm not sure it would work...the Wii speak doesn't and it goes off of a USB too...pretty sure they made it needlessly complex so you had to have a headbanger and I'm uncertain that the newer U headsets would share that..programming?

They likely would work like my phones headset sometimes would... You could hear audio but not be able to talk. So I had to buy that cheaply made, often glitching, garbage of an ear piece. The only head banging that went on with it was my head against the wall!
---
A big part of me tries very hard to behave. A small part of me laughs at the effort and behaves like an ass, anyway.
#3Rybuger1Posted 1/20/2013 3:23:21 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the Headbanger was Wii U compatible, as it's compatible with the PS3 and PCs.

The only reason the Wii didn't have full headset compatibility is because Nintendo didn't think on-line play and voice chat were things people cared about. The only reason the Xbox 360 doesn't have full headset compatibility is because Microsoft wants the money from officially licensed headsets.
#4old_man_mossyPosted 1/20/2013 3:27:21 PM
The headbanger doesn't work on the Wii U, least it didn't for Assassins Creed 3 (less mine is truelly broken)
---
A big part of me tries very hard to behave. A small part of me laughs at the effort and behaves like an ass, anyway.
#5_Signal(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 7:21:47 PM
old_man_mossy posted...
The headbanger doesn't work on the Wii U, least it didn't for Assassins Creed 3 (less mine is truelly broken)

Once you get a copy of C2, you'll have to try the Turtle Beach to see if it works. I bet it doesn't, but I could be wrong.
---
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226
Oh, and by the way, I'm games3579. Shhhhh.