Contribute to Conduit fanfiction (Please?)

#1VintageRonJohnPosted 1/21/2013 3:50:02 PM
Some of you may have already seen that I'm planning a Conduit-series fanfiction, which I will publish online, for free, chapter by chapter. While I have a pretty solid storyline already in place, I'd still love your input. Here's what I'm looking for:

-Cool names: ships, guns, places, and characters all need names. I don't anticipate introducing too many new things, but there will be at least a few, and you can name 'em!

-Little-known Conduit trivia: weaving tons of facts in and making sure they mesh with the fanfiction's plot will be essential to creating a story that's loyal to the original.

-Stuff everyone gets wrong about Conduit: chances are I'll mess it up too; I'm no expert.

By all means, offer other advice if ya got it. Until next time!
---
Conduit 2: RonJohn 3868-8419-8160 [D-S]Jolt 4986-1435-0700
The Conduit: RonJohn 3309-2472-4741
#2Hawke0Posted 1/21/2013 3:57:31 PM
The Drudge aren't aliens but fusions of Prometheus and humans.
---
Monster Hunter Tri is one of the best Capcom games of this generation.
Of course, that's not saying much.
#3_SignalPosted 1/21/2013 6:01:27 PM
I'm looking forward to it.

I wish I could help, but I don't even know MIchael Ford's middle name.
---
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226
Oh, and by the way, I'm games3579. Shhhhh.
#4_SignalPosted 2/1/2013 8:15:25 PM
What's the status on this?
---
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226
Oh, and by the way, I'm games3579. Shhhhh.
#5Rybuger1Posted 2/1/2013 8:24:30 PM
If you're looking for Conduit story minutia, the TCon Cryptopedia on Gamefaqs is a good place to start: http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii/947068-the-conduit/faqs/57708

Dr.Death has posted a bunch of interesting theories on the subtext of Conduit 2 and the story routes Conduit 3 could take.
#6RedArxPosted 2/1/2013 9:23:26 PM
there's always my stories which were posted wayyyyyy back.
feel free to use any or all of the ideas in those stories.
---
I like reviving dead posts.
#7DerpitimusPosted 2/4/2013 6:07:35 PM
What did you ever do with that Conduit Gangnam Style story, RJ?
---
Derpy: Signal me dijo.
Mey: en su firma pone eso n_n
#8CynralKynathelPosted 2/4/2013 7:20:53 PM
Well most things are after various mythologies intertwined really well. The aegis device was named after the Aegis which was a breast plate in Greek mythology that would protect the wearer. And that the Carbonizer was named accordingly because carbonize means to convert into carbon by a process of heating, which is what the gun does, it cooks you. The game's side story deals with mostly Greek mythology, apocalypse theories, bible theories, and Annunaki myths. If you look up some key characters in Wikipedia (like the leviathan) you'll find a ton information and if you recall the story then you see how it all intertwines. They did amazing in that aspect.

I hope this helped at least a little bit.
---
Pseudo-official Co-'Pun'-isher of the Conduit 2 Board. Free-Lancer clan FTW! Too bad you can't join.
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/23206541.jpg
#9VintageRonJohn(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 8:26:28 PM
This will happen when I have time to sit and plan and then write. The planning will be more labor-intensive. Suggestions are still welcome. I put "2013" as the date because I expect to get around to this over the summer. Thanks for the sustained interest, people!
---
Conduit 2: RonJohn 3868-8419-8160 [D-S]Jolt 4986-1435-0700
The Conduit: RonJohn 3309-2472-4741
#10RedArxPosted 2/4/2013 10:28:51 PM
CynralKynathel posted...
Well most things are after various mythologies intertwined really well. The aegis device was named after the Aegis which was a breast plate in Greek mythology that would protect the wearer. And that the Carbonizer was named accordingly because carbonize means to convert into carbon by a process of heating, which is what the gun does, it cooks you. The game's side story deals with mostly Greek mythology, apocalypse theories, bible theories, and Annunaki myths. If you look up some key characters in Wikipedia (like the leviathan) you'll find a ton information and if you recall the story then you see how it all intertwines. They did amazing in that aspect.

I hope this helped at least a little bit.

This^
I think not many people really understood how in-depth the game is when you go looking for details. The mythology and conspiracy theories in the game are all things that i've heard before. HVS did an awesome job and i think they're geniuses, it's just a shame that not many people recognized the effort they put into details and conspiracy/mythology.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig and do a backflip.