So...the game is a glitchfield now, huh?

#41Hawke0Posted 1/27/2013 4:13:34 PM
True. When lag get's severe, I turn off the game and play something else. Like Red Steel 2.
---
Monster Hunter Tri is one of the best Capcom games of this generation.
Of course, that's not saying much.
#42Hawke0Posted 1/27/2013 4:17:11 PM
Btw, until you're more experienced, I suggest you use this loadout: SCAR+Exp Focus+Stabilizer+quickness+Light Armor.
---
#43CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 1/27/2013 4:25:23 PM
_Donte_ posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
_Donte_ posted...
Alright, I'll try to get better then.

Still, it is undeniable that this game is buggy. Not to mention that lag can make some weapons useless.

which weapons?

PR, SR, SPAS, etc

Mabybe its your connection.

Those are some of the best and most reliable weapons in the game.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#44old_man_mossyPosted 1/27/2013 4:26:37 PM
_Donte_ posted...
Alright, I'll try to get better then.

Still, it is undeniable that this game is buggy. Not to mention that lag can make some weapons useless.

Lag will do that for any games weapons, I don't care who produces the game...less you use a splash damage solve all, but thats even harder with this game for certain specific reasons...I think it's more noticeable and less friendly to casual/new players due to the high health. That said, if the game is to blame, more so than your connection; I'd think other players would be having problems with these lag crippled weapons...they aren't. Which again goes back to skill.

It's easy to use an explosive weapon and try to get blast radius to do the dirty work and in that way, say some guns are crippled by lag. (But again against a vet, and dealing with high health and explosive focus that won't always work)

I don't believe the game to be that unbalanced, it's an old game with a dedicated skilled fan base that chews new people up. That's not the games fault though, just skilled players who can land more shots. It's not like COD where the fights are over fast...but a rad grenade...much like a sticky...will forshorten that. But again, that's a pretty common theme on shooters anymore.

Nice to meet you, btw, Donte.
---
A big part of me tries very hard to behave. A small part of me laughs at the effort and behaves like an ass, anyway.
#45_SignalPosted 1/27/2013 6:17:42 PM
_Donte_ posted...
Not surprised, the game was never very stable to begin with, and it was bound to get worse eventually. I'm expecting it to completely die off in a couple of months.

Also, the balance is still horrible. Obviously wasn't something that HVS cared enough to fix.

Well, welcome to the board Donte.

I'm not sure what to tell you, because I quit the game after a few matches and came back to it a little later. But I disagree that the game is broken, or a glitchfest, or that it will die off anytime soon.

There are a few glitchers for sure and two or three bonafide hackers. You can search this forum for threads identifying who they are. But as a matter of fact, I haven't seen any glitching or hacking in the last two or three weeks.

It sounds like you're just being too hard on yourself or your expectations are too high. This game does require more skill than many other FPS.

Take BOPS2 for example, your choice of comparison, not mine. I've only been playing the game for about 20 hours and my KDR is up to about 0.8 and climbing. I do not consider myself good by any means. You can't have that type of expectation in Conduit 2. You may have several matches before you even get your first kill, and then you may have many many more matches before you get more that just a couple of kills per match. To be honest, I'm not sure that my KDR is much better in C2 after 18 months.

But that's what's great about C2. Nobody really cares about your KDR. It's not visible to other players, and you can only see it if you bother to calculate it yourself. Sure, you'll see the occasional ROT thread, but most players here have never gotten that. That reminds me, the other thing that's great about C2 is this place. It's a good community, filled with friendly people that are always willing to help.

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck. Give it a little more time, and stick with it if you start having fun, but just let it go if you don't. Life is too short to waste time on stuff that frustrates you. Sell the disc back to Gamestop. You will make some lucky person very happy.

And I'm just curious, are you a new user to Gamefaqs, or just new here? Yes, I know your profile is new, but I'm just curious if you made this account just for interacting with the C2 board.

Anyway, good luck with it. It's not for everybody, but it just sounds like you need to develop "your" playstyle and find the weapons that you enjoy playing with.
---
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226
Oh, and by the way, I'm games3579. Shhhhh.
#46Hawke0Posted 1/27/2013 7:10:57 PM
I remember when I first started playing I was TERRIBLE. Look at me now, I'm, actually good.
---
#47_Donte_(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 5:28:20 AM
Alright, I'll give it another try soon.
---
You can call me Dante the demon killer. Has a nice ring to it dontcha think?
#48games1256Posted 1/28/2013 3:07:11 PM
_Donte_ posted...

Do you not have other games to play? Why give this game another chance?
#49kilfrfunPosted 1/28/2013 6:38:39 PM
games1256 posted...
_Donte_ posted...

i thought you were banned?
---
We need Dinos
#50games1256Posted 1/28/2013 7:27:56 PM
kilfrfun posted...
games1256 posted...
_Donte_ posted...

i thought you were banned?

Not banned they can't ban people for telling the truth.