C/D Conduit 3 will be the best FPS ever made.

#31_SignalPosted 1/30/2013 6:22:22 PM
games1256 posted...

http://www.chandlerturner.com/2010/02/businesses-exist-for-one-reason-to-make-a-profit/
Any web site that talks about how it is important for a company to make a profit will say the same thing.

A question for you. Do you parents work in the private sector? For a non Government job. How do you think their company keeps in business?

I got excited. I thought I was going to read an insightful article, but instead found a blog by someone named Chandler, who apparently only has one name, just like Beyonce, Cher, and Madonna.

This just "make-a-profit" mentality is what brought us High Fructose Corn Syrup, and the Yugo. Don't remember the Yugo? Look it up.

It's also the same mentality that's killing once popular restaurant chains like Ruby Tuesdays, Applebees, and O'Charlie's.

In my hometown, when I was a little kid we had a huge spectacular theater. It had one enormous screen. They charged a buck or two more than any other theater and people paid it, because it was amazing. I saw lots of movies there as a kid. Then for some goofy reason, they took out the big screen and some of the seats, built a wall splitting it in half, and then they had two sorta regular size theaters, while losing available seating.

When Michael Keaton's first Batman movie came out, it was playing on both mediocre screens.
---
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226
Oh, and by the way, I'm games3579. Shhhhh.
#32ChariloePosted 1/30/2013 6:38:53 PM
It has potential, but without proper funding it won't be as great as i can be. Especially if they pull a C2 and change the formula, for the most part, to what made the previous game so good instead of really building on it....
---
Chariloe http://www.youtube.com/user/Chariloe?feature=mhee
C2 FC: 0175-1657-6468 [BPB]Char: 4986-1275-1328
#33games1256Posted 1/30/2013 7:15:13 PM(edited)
_Signal posted...
games1256 posted...

http://www.chandlerturner.com/2010/02/businesses-exist-for-one-reason-to-make-a-profit/
Any web site that talks about how it is important for a company to make a profit will say the same thing.

A question for you. Do you parents work in the private sector? For a non Government job. How do you think their company keeps in business?

I got excited. I thought I was going to read an insightful article, but instead found a blog by someone named Chandler, who apparently only has one name, just like Beyonce, Cher, and Madonna.

This just "make-a-profit" mentality is what brought us High Fructose Corn Syrup, and the Yugo. Don't remember the Yugo? Look it up.

It's also the same mentality that's killing once popular restaurant chains like Ruby Tuesdays, Applebees, and O'Charlie's.

In my hometown, when I was a little kid we had a huge spectacular theater. It had one enormous screen. They charged a buck or two more than any other theater and people paid it, because it was amazing. I saw lots of movies there as a kid. Then for some goofy reason, they took out the big screen and some of the seats, built a wall splitting it in half, and then they had two sorta regular size theaters, while losing available seating.

When Michael Keaton's first Batman movie came out, it was playing on both mediocre screens.

Well profit is good and bad without profit there would not be a lot of different items we use today.
#34games1256Posted 1/30/2013 7:22:29 PM
LigersRule posted...
games1256 posted...
It is common sense why there will be no conduit 3. HVS is not going to say hey lets lose millions of dollars to make a conduit 3 for a small fanbase. There does not need to be proof of something that is common sense.

Great. Now answer the question. Source something. Something credible. Not Wiki Answers.

Wiki Answers is just a copy and past of what any other site would say on the topic.
#35CynralKynathelPosted 1/31/2013 5:25:16 AM
games1256 posted...
LigersRule posted...
games1256 posted...
It is common sense why there will be no conduit 3. HVS is not going to say hey lets lose millions of dollars to make a conduit 3 for a small fanbase. There does not need to be proof of something that is common sense.

Great. Now answer the question. Source something. Something credible. Not Wiki Answers.

Wiki Answers is just a copy and past of what any other site would say on the topic.

Wiki Answers is what some random person with a computer thinks, not something actually credible. It can't be hard to find a credible website about a topic as easy as profit, so why are you going with Wiki Answers?
---
Pseudo-official Co-'Pun'-isher of the Conduit 2 Board. Free-Lancer clan FTW! Too bad you can't join.
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/23206541.jpg
#36games1256Posted 1/31/2013 8:26:36 AM
CynralKynathel posted...
games1256 posted...
LigersRule posted...
games1256 posted...

Wiki Answers is what some random person with a computer thinks, not something actually credible. It can't be hard to find a credible website about a topic as easy as profit, so why are you going with Wiki Answers?

http://www.thebusinessowner.com/business-guidance/accounting/2009/09/business-basics-gross-profit-and-gross-profit-margin
Any website on the topic will say the same. Let me ask do your parents work for a private company? How do you think their company stays in business? What reason do you think they have to risk money on business in the first place?
#37LigersRulePosted 1/31/2013 8:55:58 AM
games1256 posted...
Let me ask do your parents work for a private company?

I laughed at this. You know that half of the people on this board don't live with their parents, right? A bunch of people here have jobs themselves. I'm a musician, and I get paid for it. Jaye works at an oil rig. Punch is a doctor. Mossy and Signal both earn their own living too, though I can't remember what exactly they do, as well as a bunch of other people on this board.

We aren't children.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/LigsGames
New Gaming Video's Daily. --- Subscribers:22 Views: 1135
#38games1256Posted 1/31/2013 8:59:11 AM
LigersRule posted...
games1256 posted...

I laughed at this. You know that half of the people on this board don't live with their parents, right? A bunch of people here have jobs themselves. I'm a musician, and I get paid for it. Jaye works at an oil rig. Punch is a doctor. Mossy and Signal both earn their own living too, though I can't remember what exactly they do, as well as a bunch of other people on this board.

We aren't children.

Some on this board are only in High School. So Jaye works on the oil rigs. How do you think his employer stays in business and takes risk?
#39games1256Posted 1/31/2013 9:01:00 AM
LigersRule posted...
games1256 posted...

We aren't children.

The way some people act on this board and believe in something that is not going to happen says other wise.
#40HungoverHero777Posted 1/31/2013 9:03:17 AM
games1256 posted...
LigersRule posted...
games1256 posted...

We aren't children.

The way some people act on this board and believe in something that is not going to happen says other wise.

Doesn't stop you from making topics about it.
---
Ideas for Crash Bandicoot Returns: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64976858
Best JSR theme IMO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcxllvjUo2k