Will conduit 3 happen?

#41xXAISPXxPosted 1/30/2013 7:34:11 PM
games1256 posted...
HungoverHero777 posted...
games1256 posted...
_Signal posted...
games1256 posted...
Money matters for everyone in the real world. So HVS would choose to make a licensed game if it would make them more money then their own game.

Agreed, every adult in the real world needs income to survive and support a family.

But that doesn't mean that it's the driving force for everyone. If that were the case, everyone would be going to school to learn how to be Steve Jobs or Bill Gates. Classes wold be called Jobs 101 or Gates 310, 320, and 330.

If money were the primary motivation behind everyone and everything, we wouldn't have any humanitarian aid going to places like Haiti. We wouldn't have any paintings by Monet or Van Gogh. Neil Armstrong wouldn't have been the first man on the moon. For that matter, we probably wouldn't have even bothered to go to the moon in the first place.

Secondly, not every product that a company makes has to turn a profit for the company to remain viable. Take the film industry for example. Here are just a few movies that lost money: Fight Club, Office Space, It's a Wonderful Life, Blade Runner, Citizen Kane, and The Right Stuff. All great movies that I'm sure everyone was proud to be involved with, even though they lost money. I chose the film industry for comparison because financial statistics are readily available.

As a matter of fact, I work for a non-profit organization that spends over a million dollars a day in operating expenses. More than 5000 people are employed there, and it's been on Fortune Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" list for three consecutive years.

All this without ever turning a profit since the doors opened in 1962.

Not the best reason. Plus what happened to many games that did not sell enough?Answer they stop making future games in that series. For example
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/01/30/ea-pulls-medal-of-honor-out-of-rotation
Medal of honor sold poorly so they quit investing money into it and do not make the game anymore.

Seriously dude, put all you want to say in one post, please.

Different matter of topic should be two different posts.

Hey, do you have a YouTube account? You should watch my videos so I could finally have 1,000 views?
---
TCon-{AISP FC: 3954-8764-7672}
Con2-{AISP FC: 4083-8526-7529 HC-AISP FC: 4642-7312-4915}
#42ChariloePosted 1/30/2013 7:34:59 PM
K.
---
Chariloe http://www.youtube.com/user/Chariloe?feature=mhee
C2 FC: 0175-1657-6468 [BPB]Char: 4986-1275-1328
#43games1256(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 8:09:22 PM
CynralKynathel or you could mind your own business. Its not like your reading what I post anyway.
#44_SignalPosted 1/30/2013 8:20:55 PM
games1256 posted...

we have humanitarian aid to help other people. paintings were a hobby for them plus it is one person not a team of game designers. There are not for profit companies but for profit companies exist to make profit. Movies that lost money was a risk that did not turn out. HVS is a for profit company so they want to and have to make profit.

I really don't think that painting was a hobby for Van Gogh, Monet, El Greco, Gauguin, or Cezanne. These people were artists by profession, not hobbyists or bloggers.

Your entire argument rests on the idea that Conduit 2 was a failure, and that HVS would not be interested in developing C3 because of that. There's no evidence that HVS has given up on the Conduit franchise. None at all.

Unless you represent HVS, you're no more of an authority than any of us. I mean, if you're HVSBob and this is your way of telling us that there will never be a C3, just tell us as Bob. We'll accept it and get on with things.

Otherwise, we're just having the same discussion that we've already had.

A couple of times.

Or more.

Even.
---
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226
Oh, and by the way, I'm games3579. Shhhhh.
#45games1256(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 8:29:00 PM
_Signal posted...
games1256 posted...

we have humanitarian aid to help other people. paintings were a hobby for them plus it is one person not a team of game designers. There are not for profit companies but for profit companies exist to make profit. Movies that lost money was a risk that did not turn out. HVS is a for profit company so they want to and have to make profit.

I really don't think that painting was a hobby for Van Gogh, Monet, El Greco, Gauguin, or Cezanne. These people were artists by profession, not hobbyists or bloggers.

Your entire argument rests on the idea that Conduit 2 was a failure, and that HVS would not be interested in developing C3 because of that. There's no evidence that HVS has given up on the Conduit franchise. None at all.

Unless you represent HVS, you're no more of an authority than any of us. I mean, if you're HVSBob and this is your way of telling us that there will never be a C3, just tell us as Bob. We'll accept it and get on with things.

Otherwise, we're just having the same discussion that we've already had.

A couple of times.

Or more.

Even.

A profession can be a hobby plus they were one person only having to pay themselves and cover their expenses not pay 20 plus people. There is clear cut evidence that HVS has given up on the conduit series. It has been 21 months since conduit 2 came out no news of conduit 3 while conduit 2 was announced 9 months after the conduit released.
Plus HVS is clearly not going to invest into something that is a losing bet but believe what you want.
#46games1256(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 12:49:17 PM
How any one can still think C3 would happen is clueless.
#47xXAISPXxPosted 1/31/2013 1:36:38 PM
games1256 posted...

How any one can still think C3 wouldn't happen is clueless.
---
TCon-{AISP FC: 3954-8764-7672}
Con2-{AISP FC: 4083-8526-7529 HC-AISP FC: 4642-7312-4915}
#48games1256(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 2:18:44 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#49games1256(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 2:43:00 PM
xXAISPXx posted...
games1256 posted...

If you were in the position of funding C3 or not would you? Your choice as owner of HVS would be make a licensed game take in 3 million profit after employees are paid put most of it in the bank for future success of the company and some to pay bills plus take a bonus of $10,000. Second choice make Conduit 3 as a download due to low sales lose $250,000 which comes from the bank balance. Which choice?
#50HungoverHero777Posted 1/31/2013 2:49:02 PM
games1256 posted...
xXAISPXx posted...
games1256 posted...

Conduit 3 not happening is oblivious.

Remember to learn spelling, kids, or this could be you.
---
Ideas for Crash Bandicoot Returns: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64976858
Best JSR theme IMO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcxllvjUo2k