Will conduit 3 happen?

#51B05S_BrennanPosted 1/31/2013 4:08:13 PM
games1256 posted...
xXAISPXx posted...
games1256 posted...
How any one can still think C3 would happen is clueless.

How any one can still think C3 wouldn't happen is clueless.

If you were in the position of funding C3 or not would you? Your choice as owner of HVS would be make a licensed game take in 3 million profit after employees are paid put most of it in the bank for future success of the company and some to pay bills plus take a bonus of $10,000. Second choice make Conduit 3 as a download due to low sales lose $250,000 which comes from the bank balance. Which choice?

You don't know what HVS could make from C3.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#52games1256(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 4:10:38 PM
B05S_Brennan posted...
games1256 posted...
xXAISPXx posted...
games1256 posted...

If you were in the position of funding C3 or not would you? Your choice as owner of HVS would be make a licensed game take in 3 million profit after employees are paid put most of it in the bank for future success of the company and some to pay bills plus take a bonus of $10,000. Second choice make Conduit 3 as a download due to low sales lose $250,000 which comes from the bank balance. Which choice?

This is the basic choice the CEO of HVS had to make. Granted the numbers would be different but on C3 they would be on the losing end and if a bonus would be paid out would be different. They would be on the losing ending when you factor in conduit 2. Any game company is going to factor in their last game when it comes to a future game in the series.
#53games1256(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 5:46:59 PM
B05S_Brennan posted...
games1256 posted...
xXAISPXx posted...
games1256 posted...

You do not know What HVS could lose from C3
#54HungoverHero777Posted 1/31/2013 6:03:28 PM
games1256 posted...
B05S_Brennan posted...
games1256 posted...
xXAISPXx posted...
games1256 posted...

You do not know What HVS could lose from C3

Nor do you. Just shut up already. You're becoming quite tiresome.
---
Ideas for Crash Bandicoot Returns: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64976858
Best JSR theme IMO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcxllvjUo2k
#55xXAISPXxPosted 1/31/2013 6:07:59 PM
HungoverHero777 posted...

Nor do you. Just shut up already. You're becoming quite tiresome.

That's exactly what he wants.
---
TCon-{AISP FC: 3954-8764-7672}
Con2-{AISP FC: 4083-8526-7529 HC-AISP FC: 4642-7312-4915}
#56games1256(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 6:37:16 PM
I know they will not profit. It is quite clear why they won't
#57games1256(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 7:39:07 PM
If you do not like what I post do not read it then. If you don't like what I post then why are you reading it?
#58old_man_mossyPosted 1/31/2013 7:55:41 PM
The way I see it is the only ones who know for sure is HVS. And if they want to make the game; the current self publishing, indie friendly, direct to download game market sure seems economically friendly for those who invest the man hours to see their work take shape.

It's not like HVS is a large multinational company with huge overhead and numerous employees. It's also apparent by their agreement with Sega's publishing contract and its anemic print run of C2 that they do care about the game getting made by any means necessary....

What did that tell us?

That Sega didn't believe in C2? (or better said by their experience outside of the Sonic friendly confines, didnt believe in T and M rated games on the family themed Wii) Perhaps, but what does that matter beyond suggesting that finding a publisher may be difficult?

It also means that HVS is willing to ink a deal with little profit, by Games theories atleast. Make of that what you will, keeping in mind what I said about direct to download not being as expensive to publish.

And finally we have the sales figure percentage of C2....very good from what I hear.

Truth is nobody but HVS knows...changing business climates, vocal fan bases and creators that care could make the game happen...happened for Firefly when Fox cancelled it...they got a full length movie off that cancelled show.

It only stops for sure when the creator throws in the towel. As it stands I think we have a better chance of getting a C3 than when C2 first launched.
---
A big part of me tries very hard to behave. A small part of me laughs at the effort and behaves like an ass, anyway.
#59old_man_mossyPosted 1/31/2013 8:09:39 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#60Chupas21Posted 1/31/2013 8:30:19 PM
games1256 posted...
If you do not like what I post do not read it then. If you don't like what I post then why are you reading it?

Why do you come on this board just to insult Conduit 2? Have you even played the game?