The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Is making money important for game studios?

#1games1256Posted 1/31/2013 11:56:19 AM
Is making money important for game studios? - Results (5 votes)
Yes they have to make money.
20% (1 votes)
No they like to make games so they take a loss if need be and make it up elsewhere.
40% (2 votes)
They have the money they can afford to lose.
0% (0 votes)
They only care to break even.
0% (0 votes)
All they want is to profit.
40% (2 votes)
This poll is now closed.
What do you think?
#2B05S_BrennanPosted 1/31/2013 12:01:58 PM
Depends on the company.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#3games1256(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 12:13:02 PM
B05S_Brennan posted...
Depends on the company.

It is still important for any company more important for a company who has shareholders.
#4TheOmegaShenPosted 1/31/2013 1:17:45 PM
Why didn't you ask this in the other 3 or 4 topics you made?

Stop flooding the board with unnecessary topics that add nothing to the discussion. Thank you.
---
Ruin is the Salvation of Man and Machine
#5games1256(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 1:20:53 PM
TheOmegaShen posted...
Why didn't you ask this in the other 3 or 4 topics you made?

Stop flooding the board with unnecessary topics that add nothing to the discussion. Thank you.

Different topic. So it is okay for others to make topics that tried to get conduit 2 to a higher spot but not me? I am posting different topics don't like it do not reply.
#6TheOmegaShenPosted 1/31/2013 1:25:12 PM
Different topic. So it is okay for others to make topics that tried to get conduit 2 to a higher spot but not me? I am posting different topics don't like it do not reply.

You have already rambled on about this in the other 3 topics you made. There is nothing new or interesting here. Besides, the amount of topics a day doesn't raise the board to a higher spot.
---
Ruin is the Salvation of Man and Machine
#7games1256(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 1:27:51 PM
TheOmegaShen posted...

You have already rambled on about this in the other 3 topics you made. There is nothing new or interesting here. Besides, the amount of topics a day doesn't raise the board to a higher spot.

No I mean others tried to raise the spot. Again I have a right to post here don't like it? Don't read what I post. There is stuff here to talk about.
#8games1256(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 1:43:58 PM(edited)
If you were in the position of funding C3 or not would you? Your choice as owner of HVS would be make a licensed game take in 3 million profit after employees are paid put most of it in the bank for future success of the company and some to pay bills plus take a bonus of $10,000.

Second choice make Conduit 3 as a download but due to low sales lose $250,000 which comes from the bank balance. Which choice?
#9games1256(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 1:56:39 PM(edited)
games1256 posted...
If you were in the position of funding C3 or not would you? Your choice as owner of HVS would be make a licensed game take in 3 million profit after employees are paid put most of it in the bank for future success of the company and some to pay bills plus take a bonus of $10,000.

Second choice make Conduit 3 as a download but due to low sales lose $250,000 which comes from the bank balance. Which choice?

This is the basic choice the CEO of HVS had to make. Granted the numbers would be different but on C3 they would be on the losing end and if a bonus would be paid out would be different.
#10games1256(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 3:08:10 PM(edited)
games1256 posted...
games1256 posted...

This is the basic choice the CEO of HVS had to make. Granted the numbers would be different but on C3 they would be on the losing end and if a bonus would be paid out would be different.

This is what people on this board who believed C3 would happen did not factor in. .