Fans would run HVS better in terms of games they want and being able to profit

#21games1256(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 6:49:33 PM
_Signal posted...
I didn't vote in your poll. Your choices seemed... well, a little simplistic and one-sided.

I can't keep arguing with you. I don't want to actually. LOL, in one of your other threads I copied and pasted what you said as if I were hypnotized by you and then you disagreed with what "I" wrote.

I know that you don't have much respect for us, and honestly, we haven't treated you very well. I'm not calling you a troll, but you do like to take the position completely opposite to pretty much everyone else on the forum, save a couple of people.

I think you need to re-evaluate your position on the Conduit franchise and the viability of HVS in the videogame industry.

It seems to me that you're assuming that no Conduit game could ever be profitable. I don't agree. There is nothing that I can say to convince you of this, and you've already said everything that you could possibly say on the topic several times over.

Conduit 2 is a good game. It's easy to learn the controls. It's fun to play. There is no other First Person game with controls as smooth and fluid as Conduit 2.

HVS made a couple of bad choices executing C2, either due to budgetary or time constraints, or just poor judgment.

A Conduit game for the Wii U could be great, if the right decisions were made, and it could be profitable. If the game was great, finding a publisher would not be a problem.

So yes, if I were running HVS, I would certainly try to produce another Conduit game. I have some ideas of my own about improving the franchise.

My poll is fine it has both sides covered. Well this board takes the other view. Plus I am clearly right. your assuming HVS would make a good game which they clearly can not.
Would you fire the team and rehire? After all it would be on some people why conduit 2 turned out how it did.
#22_SignalPosted 1/31/2013 8:12:54 PM
games1256 posted...

My poll is fine it has both sides covered. Well this board takes the other view. Plus I am clearly right. your assuming HVS would make a good game which they clearly can not.
Would you fire the team and rehire? After all it would be on some people why conduit 2 turned out how it did.

No. Your poll choices were not fine. Just like the full seven minutes you spent reading my post, thoughtfully considering my points, and then responding, they were rushed and not well thought out. Here let me remind you of the options you offered:

1. Yes release C3 and The Grinder.

2. No I don't know what it takes to run a company.

3. I think I know what is best for HVS but I truly do not.

4. I would run them how it is now.

Options 2 and 3 were clearly just inserted for comedic relief, and the only other options were to just let the company continue on it's current path, or release Conduit 3 and The Grinder.

Obviously there are more options to running the company than those. Would C3 be for Wii or Wii U or cross platforms? What about the options for The Grinder? It's difficult to answer these questions without knowing where The Grinder is in development.

You seem to be forgetting that Conduit 2 is my favorite game. I absolutely LOVE it. Of course I would keep the same creative team, that goes without saying, but I would make changes to the game.

Mostly, I would mine a publisher that would be excited by the game and was invested in it's success. Maybe a smaller independent publisher, one that was more like HVS.
---
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226
Oh, and by the way, I'm games3579. Shhhhh.
#23LigersRulePosted 1/31/2013 8:25:07 PM
Guys, games doesn't want anybody to post in these topics. Can we let them all die?
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/LigsGames
New Gaming Video's Daily. --- Subscribers:22 Views: 1200
#24games1256(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 8:53:44 PM(edited)
_Signal posted...
games1256 posted...

No. Your poll choices were not fine. Just like the full seven minutes you spent reading my post, thoughtfully considering my points, and then responding, they were rushed and not well thought out. Here let me remind you of the options you offered:

1. Yes release C3 and The Grinder.

2. No I don't know what it takes to run a company.

3. I think I know what is best for HVS but I truly do not.

4. I would run them how it is now.

Options 2 and 3 were clearly just inserted for comedic relief, and the only other options were to just let the company continue on it's current path, or release Conduit 3 and The Grinder.

Obviously there are more options to running the company than those. Would C3 be for Wii or Wii U or cross platforms? What about the options for The Grinder? It's difficult to answer these questions without knowing where The Grinder is in development.

You seem to be forgetting that Conduit 2 is my favorite game. I absolutely LOVE it. Of course I would keep the same creative team, that goes without saying, but I would make changes to the game.

Mostly, I would mine a publisher that would be excited by the game and was invested in it's success. Maybe a smaller independent publisher, one that was more like HVS.

Option 2 and 3 are serious you would know if you look at people expecting C3 without know how a company needs certain profit. I am saying take HVS as is what people would do. You would have tough lock finding a publisher who would care about Conduit 3 until it is fully proven it is a great game. The small publishers are not around in large numbers like they use to.

Lets say every publisher said no to C3. Would you release it as download only and hope it would sell? The other option would drop C3 make a license game that is no risk and higher return. I stated questions under the poll. Just because you love Conduit 2 does not mean you should release a Conduit 3 or keep employees who are better to be fired then kept.
#25_SignalPosted 1/31/2013 8:42:52 PM(edited)
LigersRule posted...
Guys, games doesn't want anybody to post in these topics. Can we let them all die?

Huh?

He doesn't?

Why does he keep making them?

Is that why he keeps closing the old topics?
---
#26Hawke0Posted 1/31/2013 8:47:10 PM
I'd put Punch as my Vice President. He'd fire anyone who made something stupid like the SMAW, while I made sure the game was like an FPS from back when FPS' were good.
---
Monster Hunter Tri is one of the best Capcom games of this generation.
Of course, that's not saying much.
#27LigersRulePosted 1/31/2013 8:59:57 PM
_Signal posted...
LigersRule posted...

Huh?

He doesn't?

Haven't you seen this?

games1256 posted...
Don't like it? Don't post on the topics.

He's only posted it about 6 times, so I can understand how you might have missed it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/LigsGames
New Gaming Video's Daily. --- Subscribers:22 Views: 1200
#28games1256(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 9:00:55 PM
_Signal posted...
LigersRule posted...

Huh?

He doesn't?

I want people to post and I closed the old topics because they were no longer being posted in or going anywhere.
#29games1256(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 9:02:33 PM
LigersRule posted...
_Signal posted...
LigersRule posted...

Huh?

He doesn't?

Haven't you seen this?

games1256 posted...
Don't like it? Don't post on the topics.

He's only posted it about 6 times, so I can understand how you might have missed it.

People keep complaining so I keep posting it.
#30_SignalPosted 1/31/2013 9:21:56 PM
games1256 posted...

Option 2 and 3 are serious you would know if you look at people expecting C3 without know how a company needs certain profit. I am saying take HVS as is what people would do. You would have tough lock finding a publisher who would care about Conduit 3 until it is fully proven it is a great game. The small publishers are not around in large numbers like they use to.

Lets say every publisher said no to C3. Would you release it as download only and hope it would sell? The other option would drop C3 make a license game that is no risk and higher return. I stated questions under the poll. Just because you love Conduit 2 does not mean you should release a Conduit 3 or keep employees who are better to be fired then kept.

My love for C2 is a perfectly good reason for wanting to keep the original creative team for C3. There is logic in that decision. If every publisher said no, we would take it upon ourselves to publish the game ourselves. That is a perfectly valid option.

I'm sorry. I do not accept that you intended options 2 and 3 to be taken seriously.

Please take the time to read what I spend time carefully writing, and please proofread your own posts before posting them.

It's hard enough without misspelled words and run-on sentences. Just slow down a little. There is a spellchecker which provides the correct spelling.
---