Fans would run HVS better in terms of games they want and being able to profit

#31games1256(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 9:40:27 PM
_Signal posted...
games1256 posted...

Option 2 and 3 are serious you would know if you look at people expecting C3 without know how a company needs certain profit. I am saying take HVS as is what people would do. You would have tough lock finding a publisher who would care about Conduit 3 until it is fully proven it is a great game. The small publishers are not around in large numbers like they use to.

Lets say every publisher said no to C3. Would you release it as download only and hope it would sell? The other option would drop C3 make a license game that is no risk and higher return. I stated questions under the poll. Just because you love Conduit 2 does not mean you should release a Conduit 3 or keep employees who are better to be fired then kept.

My love for C2 is a perfectly good reason for wanting to keep the original creative team for C3. There is logic in that decision. If every publisher said no, we would take it upon ourselves to publish the game ourselves. That is a perfectly valid option.

I'm sorry. I do not accept that you intended options 2 and 3 to be taken seriously.

Please take the time to read what I spend time carefully writing, and please proofread your own posts before posting them.

It's hard enough without misspelled words and run-on sentences. Just slow down a little. There is a spellchecker which provides the correct spelling.

It is no reason to keep the original team if they do a bad job. Self publish/funding is not valid if the profit is not there. Well I did indeed intend option 2 and 3 to be serious. I write fine just because I point out clear flaws in your post does not mean you should bash mine without a valid point.
#32_SignalPosted 1/31/2013 9:59:20 PM
games1256 posted...
_Signal posted...
games1256 posted...

Option 2 and 3 are serious you would know if you look at people expecting C3 without know how a company needs certain profit. I am saying take HVS as is what people would do. You would have tough lock finding a publisher who would care about Conduit 3 until it is fully proven it is a great game. The small publishers are not around in large numbers like they use to.

Lets say every publisher said no to C3. Would you release it as download only and hope it would sell? The other option would drop C3 make a license game that is no risk and higher return. I stated questions under the poll. Just because you love Conduit 2 does not mean you should release a Conduit 3 or keep employees who are better to be fired then kept.

My love for C2 is a perfectly good reason for wanting to keep the original creative team for C3. There is logic in that decision. If every publisher said no, we would take it upon ourselves to publish the game ourselves. That is a perfectly valid option.

I'm sorry. I do not accept that you intended options 2 and 3 to be taken seriously.

Please take the time to read what I spend time carefully writing, and please proofread your own posts before posting them.

It's hard enough without misspelled words and run-on sentences. Just slow down a little. There is a spellchecker which provides the correct spelling.

It is no reason to keep the original team if they do a bad job. Self publish/funding is not valid if the profit is not there. Well I did indeed intend option 2 and 3 to be serious. I write fine just because I point out clear flaws in your post does not mean you should bash mine without a valid point.

My reason for keeping the original creative team was because I love the game and I do not believe that they did a bad job. I believe the opposite actually, and, as someone who has played this game for over a year, I think that my experience with it trumps yours.

Self-publishing is just as probable a scenario as not finding a publisher at all.

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to "bash" yours, but the run-on sentences are quite difficult to read. Do you know what a run-on sentence is?

I thought you started this post to get people's opinions. That is what I was offering. I didn't actually come here to argue, or have you tell me that my opinion was wrong, so you can have this one.
---
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226
Oh, and by the way, I'm games3579. Shhhhh.
#33_SignalPosted 1/31/2013 10:00:50 PM
I won't be posting any more tonight because I'm playing....

Conduit 2!!
---
#34games1256(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 10:18:34 PM(edited)
_Signal posted...
games1256 posted...
_Signal posted...
games1256 posted...

My reason for keeping the original creative team was because I love the game and I do not believe that they did a bad job. I believe the opposite actually, and, as someone who has played this game for over a year, I think that my experience with it trumps yours.

Self-publishing is just as probable a scenario as not finding a publisher at all.

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to "bash" yours, but the run-on sentences are quite difficult to read. Do you know what a run-on sentence is?

I thought you started this post to get people's opinions. That is what I was offering. I didn't actually come here to argue, or have you tell me that my opinion was wrong, so you can have this one.

My knowledge of games trumps your views. C2 is a messed glitch game that is why the team should be fired. I wanted to get opinions but also to prove why HVS is doing what they do now. Why they can't just release whatever they want.

Just a topic I am interested in seeing what people think. After all the things fans want from HVS might change if they were the ones running the company. Since they would see the importance of picking profitable games. Plus making smart decisions on whats best for the company not a small fan base.
#35RedArxPosted 1/31/2013 10:09:46 PM
games is actually a HVS guy
---
I like reviving dead posts.
#36games1256(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 10:24:38 PM
RedArx posted...

Why do you think that?
#37games1256(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 11:24:12 AM
Any other views?
#38_SignalPosted 2/1/2013 12:36:54 PM
RedArx posted...

If this is true we're in worse shape than I thought,LOL.

But seriously, if that were the case I wish he would just come out and say so.

@games,

I wanted to get opinions but also to prove why HVS is doing what they do now. Why they can't just release whatever they want.

You're not going to convince anyone here by arguing with them in the manner that you do. All you're convincing people of with your rapid responses and lack of financial statistics is that you seem to have a grudge against HVS, this forum, and anyone who doesn't agree with your point of view.

The fan base isn't important in this particular case. Trying to cater to any fan base is a mistake. Just look at what happened to the TCon fanbase when C2 was released. Concentrate on producing a game that is fun to play, and the fan base will take care of itself. It's well accepted that TCon was a success, and there was no prior fan base for it at all.

Instead of being so negative, take a few minutes to think about the things that HVS got right in C2.

Here's one for you:

You work at HVS. You boss puts you in charge of development for Conduit Unlimited, a Conduit franchise game to be produced exclusively for the Wii U. What elements do you keep, and which do you remove, or attempt to fix?

Here' what you can't do: Just throw your arms up, tell your boss he doesn't understand how to run a business, that C3 won't be profitable, and quit on the spot.

You say your experience trumps mine. That may be true. Make me believe it by telling me how to make a good C3 game. I don't care for this discussion that you don't think it would sell. If we can't make a good game it definitely won't sell.
---
#39games1256(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 3:08:13 PM
_Signal posted...
RedArx posted...

If this is true we're in worse shape than I thought,LOL.

But seriously, if that were the case I wish he would just come out and say so.

@games,

I wanted to get opinions but also to prove why HVS is doing what they do now. Why they can't just release whatever they want.

You're not going to convince anyone here by arguing with them in the manner that you do. All you're convincing people of with your rapid responses and lack of financial statistics is that you seem to have a grudge against HVS, this forum, and anyone who doesn't agree with your point of view.

The fan base isn't important in this particular case. Trying to cater to any fan base is a mistake. Just look at what happened to the TCon fanbase when C2 was released. Concentrate on producing a game that is fun to play, and the fan base will take care of itself. It's well accepted that TCon was a success, and there was no prior fan base for it at all.

Instead of being so negative, take a few minutes to think about the things that HVS got right in C2.

Here's one for you:

You work at HVS. You boss puts you in charge of development for Conduit Unlimited, a Conduit franchise game to be produced exclusively for the Wii U. What elements do you keep, and which do you remove, or attempt to fix?

Here' what you can't do: Just throw your arms up, tell your boss he doesn't understand how to run a business, that C3 won't be profitable, and quit on the spot.

You say your experience trumps mine. That may be true. Make me believe it by telling me how to make a good C3 game. I don't care for this discussion that you don't think it would sell. If we can't make a good game it definitely won't sell.

Well any truth other then there will be a C3 which is based on nothing but hope will be not accepted here.
#40_SignalPosted 2/1/2013 5:57:15 PM
LOL.

Howz about da truth dat u r sew lazy.
---