The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Freezing.

#1B05S_BrennanPosted 2/2/2013 9:30:37 PM
What cables do you use, and how often does your Wii freeze while playing C2? - Results (8 votes)
I use composite cables, my Wii rarely freezes.
50% (4 votes)
I use composite cables, my Wii often freezes.
0% (0 votes)
I use component cables, my Wii rarely freezes.
12.5% (1 votes)
I use component cables, my Wii often freezes.
37.5% (3 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I started using component cables tonight, and my Wii has froze three times. Likely just connection, but it got me thinking...
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#2_SignalPosted 2/2/2013 9:37:35 PM
That's interesting.

I've used component cables for a pretty long time now. I voted "often," but it's not really all that often. I'll have one or two freezes online per week if I'm playing a lot. My WiiU freezes at about the same interval, maybe more.

Then there are those nights that the thing just freezes all the time.

I think it's connection related as well.
---
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226
Oh, and by the way, I'm games3579. Shhhhh.
#3CarbonizerMikePosted 2/2/2013 9:46:25 PM
I'm guessing you froze at the same time as me. It doesn't have anything to do with the cables, but instead has something to do with lag or online connections in general. I'm freezing a lot more lately. Gets irritating.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watchmeplaynintendo (Actual game captures - no emulators)
#4Hawke0Posted 2/2/2013 9:48:51 PM
My Wii used to never freeze. I fixed my old broken Wii, connect it to the internet, and my Wii near constantly freezes.
---
Monster Hunter Tri is one of the best Capcom games of this generation.
Of course, that's not saying much.
#5_SignalPosted 2/2/2013 9:59:19 PM
CarbonizerMike posted...
I'm guessing you froze at the same time as me. It doesn't have anything to do with the cables, but instead has something to do with lag or online connections in general. I'm freezing a lot more lately. Gets irritating.

It's not always lag or online, because I get freezes in single player mode as well. Perhaps not as frequently, but it does happen, and it's usually the buzzing freeze.

I think maybe there are some random corrupt lines of code sometimes, and you hit that, and it doesn't know where to go.

Obviously, this isn't the case for most of the freezes, but it might account for some.
---
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226
Oh, and by the way, I'm games3579. Shhhhh.
#6B05S_Brennan(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 10:02:50 PM
Wii can freeze on any game as far as I know. The GameCube could freeze too. But some games freeze more commonly than others.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#7xXAISPXxPosted 2/3/2013 4:23:44 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8xXAISPXxPosted 2/3/2013 4:28:13 AM
I use the component cables that come with the Wii. I don't want to invest on a composite cable when I can already use something for "free".
---
TCon-{AISP FC: 3954-8764-7672}
Con2-{AISP FC: 4083-8526-7529 HC-AISP FC: 4642-7312-4915}
#9B05S_Brennan(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 7:32:24 AM
xXAISPXx posted...
I use the component cables that come with the Wii. I don't want to invest on a composite cable when I can already use something for "free".

It probably has more to do with whether Wii is on 480i or 480p. I'm pretty sure you can do 480i with component cables as well.
---
#10old_man_mossyPosted 2/3/2013 10:56:24 AM
May want to keep a little log on how often it freezes over weather and seasons.

Winter with thaws and freezes can be very hard on the connection cables going from the pole to the box, the box to your home, or the the station hardware to the connection line

I found I have less trouble in the summer, when the tree rats aren't chewing on lines as much as other things, especially when it's dry. Throw some moisture in there and then with the freeze expand/ make stuff brittle...winters hard on stuff, unless its well maintained or the provider knows what they are doing when it comes to winterizing stuff.

Another thing about winter is it tends to keep more people inside and bandwidth getting hogged. Even if it not in your home because you have your router and Wii all besties...who knows what else is going on in the community traffics inline to your home. Supposedly even worse if you live in a rural area.

These are all excuses I've received when complaining about my premium package with AT&T. Lol...hub blames corporate, corporate blames hub, and the excuses fly.
---
A big part of me tries very hard to behave. A small part of me laughs at the effort and behaves like an ass, anyway.