The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Phase Rifle Experiment (Mind Blown)

#1xXAISPXxPosted 2/8/2013 10:51:19 AM
I tried an experiment on split screen Competitive to understand the Phase Rifle better. I predicted that Phase Rifle Specialization (PRS) would inflict more damage than the Phase Rifle without any perks. I also wanted to see if there is a difference between just PRS and PRS with Phase Rifle Tuning (PRT). I did this with tuning and not tuning. I compared the Phase Rifle damage with USP shots so the damage percentage is easier to measure. This was used against a player with Double armor with nothing else and all of these were headshots.

Tuning
PR/ No Perks - 14 USP shots
PR/ PRS only - One shot kill
PR/ PRS & PRT - One Shot kill

Without Tuning(I found this one interesting)
PR/ No Perks - 7 USP shots
PR/ PRS only - 11 USP shots
PR/ PRS & PRT - 11 USP shots

So you can clearly see that the Phase Rifles with PRS do no more than 5 USP shots of damage than Phase Rifles with no perks.

According to the Wiki, the USP does 16.6 (what unit?) of damage. If we multiply that by each Phase Rifle statistic, we get:

Tuning
PR/ No Perks - 232.4 ?
PR/ PRS only - One shot kill
PR/ PRS & PRT - One Shot kill

Without Tuning
PR/ No Perks - 116.2 ?
PR/ PRS only - 182.6 ?
PR/ PRS & PRT - 182.6 ?

Now we can see the difference between tuning and no tuning. Tuning Phase Rifles with no perks do...exactly twice the damage than without tuning! Unfortunately, PR/ PRS and PR/ PRS & T couldn't be measured because of such high power; but remember, the tuning does twice as damage as without tuning. So the completed outcome:

Tuning
PR/ No Perks - 232.4 ?
PR/ PRS only - 365.2 ?
PR/ PRS & PRT - 365.2 ?

Without Tuning
PR/ No Perks - 116.2 ?
PR/ PRS only - 182.6 ?
PR/ PRS & PRT - 182.6 ?

Perhaps next time I can try PR Penetration...
---
TCon-{AISP FC: 3954-8764-7672}
Con2-{AISP FC: 4083-8526-7529 HC-AISP FC: 4642-7312-4915}
#2CmoIsDaNam3Posted 2/8/2013 5:15:45 PM
Ur mind might blow be this to.

Split-screen has different health properties.
---
Creativity, More, Often.
K I L L, a Conduit 2 Dualtage, IS OUT, check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDQMWdPctqc
#3xXAISPXx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 6:08:33 PM
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...
Ur mind might blow be this to.

Split-screen has different health properties.

I know that, but I am aiming for damage, not player health.
---
#4xXAISPXx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 5:29:13 PM
Bump for someone.
---
#5DerpitimusPosted 2/9/2013 6:31:50 PM
OOooooh, I see. it took me a while to figure out what you meant by this.

You shot a player with both the PR and USP, and counted the amount of USP shots it took to create the same amount of damage as the PR shots.

The "One Shot Kill" threw me off. I eventually figured you meant that it always killed a player in one hit, so you couldn't count the amount of USP shots it would take to do the same damage, because the damage was unsure.

Did I get all the right? Is that what you meant by this?

I try to do a little more reading on other's posts before I respond :P Its a two way road, bub. You can't tell people to "read, re-read and read some more." your own post, then just skim the first couple sentences of other user's post.
and No, this isn't directed towards you AISP.
---
Derpy: Signal me dijo.
Mey: en su firma pone eso n_n
#6xXAISPXx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 6:54:31 PM
Derpitimus posted...

You shot a player with both the PR and USP, and counted the amount of USP shots it took to create the same amount of damage as the PR shots.

The "One Shot Kill" threw me off. I eventually figured you meant that it always killed a player in one hit, so you couldn't count the amount of USP shots it would take to do the same damage, because the damage was unsure.

I try to do a little more reading on other's posts before I respond :P Its a two way road, bub. You can't tell people to "read, re-read and read some more." your own post, then just skim the first couple sentences of other user's post.
and No, this isn't directed towards you AISP.

You got it right, yes. I am horrible at explaining things.
---
#7DerpitimusPosted 2/9/2013 7:02:46 PM
xXAISPXx posted...
Derpitimus posted...

Oh no, its not you. The first time I read it, it was 4am. That's why it took so much thinking for me >w< Wanted to make sure I got it right.
Also that was very clever of you to use a weapon with already confirmed damage stats and use it to figure out the damage of another weapon.
---
Derpy: Signal me dijo.
Mey: en su firma pone eso n_n
#8xXAISPXx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 7:18:25 PM
Derpitimus posted...
xXAISPXx posted...
Derpitimus posted...

Oh no, its not you. The first time I read it, it was 4am. That's why it took so much thinking for me >w< Wanted to make sure I got it right.
Also that was very clever of you to use a weapon with already confirmed damage stats and use it to figure out the damage of another weapon.

4 am? Noob, haha just kidding.
---