Conduit 2 Community Thread v2.0

#31HungoverHero777Posted 2/16/2013 7:12:10 PM
Derpitimus posted...
HungoverHero777 posted...
No offense, but I've never understood the appeal of MLP to 16+ year old males. Isn't the target audience young girls?

I think Power Puff Girls did the same thing. It was a show that looked like it was for little girls, but enough effort was put into that any one can watch it and have a laugh.

Alright, I admit I watched PPG, but I wasn't a teenager, for god's sake.
---
Ideas for Crash Bandicoot Returns: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64976858
Best JSR theme IMO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcxllvjUo2k
#32DerpitimusPosted 2/16/2013 7:20:25 PM
Derpitimus posted...
No offense, but I've never understood the appeal of MLP to 16+ year old males. Isn't the target audience young girls?

I think Power Puff Girls did the same thing. It was a show that looked like it was for little girls, but enough effort was put into that any one can watch it and have a laugh.

I still watch quite a few cartoons, and I probably still will when I'm so old I can barely walk. Right now I'm really enjoying Regular Show and Gravity Falls. Not often, but if I walk by the TV and one of those is on, I'll sit down and watch it. I'd probably watch My Little Pony too, since so many friends have told me its good. I don't think I get the channel that its on, though.
---
Derpy: Signal me dijo.
Mey: en su firma pone eso n_n
#33HungoverHero777Posted 2/16/2013 7:21:15 PM
Derpitimus posted...
Derpitimus posted...

I still watch quite a few cartoons, and I probably still will when I'm so old I can barely walk. Right now I'm really enjoying Regular Show and Gravity Falls. Not often, but if I walk by the TV and one of those is on, I'll sit down and watch it. I'd probably watch My Little Pony too, since so many friends have told me its good. I don't think I get the channel that its on, though.

Gravity Falls is also good.
---
Ideas for Crash Bandicoot Returns: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64976858
Best JSR theme IMO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcxllvjUo2k
#34xXAISPXxPosted 2/16/2013 7:21:33 PM
Derpitimus posted...
Derpitimus posted...

Gravity Falls is also good.

---
TCon-{AISP FC: 3954-8764-7672}
Con2-{AISP FC: 4083-8526-7529 HC-AISP FC: 4642-7312-4915}
#35Loremas1861Posted 2/16/2013 7:25:24 PM
Derpitimus posted...

---
If you tell me to forget, I will remember.
If you tell me to remember, I will forget.
#36LigersRulePosted 2/16/2013 7:31:04 PM
Derpitimus posted...

I'm sorry, but I don't think it's the same. First of all, if powerpuff girls had a cult of young to middle-aged men who watch it, it would have been found extremely creepy.

Other than that, though, Powerpuff Girls was created to sell the channel. It had to be GOOD, otherwise it would have been canceled. It tried quite hard to appeal to all sorts of people. I will say, I didn't watch PPG for the actual PPG, I watched it for Mojojo, the Mayor, and the fighting.

MLP, no matter what it has evolved into, was created to sell the product. The toy line. The franchise. No matter how crappy ratings the show got, the product sales were worth justifying. They don't need to appeal to all audiences to make money. They make money by appealing to little girls.

Yes, I have watched the show. My older sister (23) is a diehard, and considers herself a brony even though she has nothing between the legs. I can't count the number of times I've had to watch it while playing MineCraft. It doesn't appeal to older guys. At least, it shouldn't.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/LigsGames
New Gaming Video's Daily. --- Subscribers:22 Views: 1200
#37DerpitimusPosted 2/16/2013 7:33:38 PM
LigersRule posted...
Derpitimus posted...

I'm sorry, but I don't think it's the same. First of all, if powerpuff girls had a cult of young to middle-aged men who watch it, it would have been found extremely creepy.

Other than that, though, Powerpuff Girls was created to sell the channel. It had to be GOOD, otherwise it would have been canceled. It tried quite hard to appeal to all sorts of people. I will say, I didn't watch PPG for the actual PPG, I watched it for Mojojo, the Mayor, and the fighting.

MLP, no matter what it has evolved into, was created to sell the product. The toy line. The franchise. No matter how crappy ratings the show got, the product sales were worth justifying. They don't need to appeal to all audiences to make money. They make money by appealing to little girls.

Yes, I have watched the show. My older sister (23) is a diehard, and considers herself a brony even though she has nothing between the legs. I can't count the number of times I've had to watch it while playing MineCraft. It doesn't appeal to older guys. At least, it shouldn't.

Funny we would be comparing those two cartoons, they were made by the same person. Lauren Faust :3 and I also read she made Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends <3
---
#38_SignalPosted 2/16/2013 7:36:54 PM
I don't think MLP: Friendship is Magic is targeted for young girls only. It's very different than the earlier incarnations of the show, which focused mainly on Pinkie Pie.

MLP:FIM is much more plot driven and not just fluff. For example, Rainbow Dash is highly competitive and wants to be in the Thunderbolts... the Equestria equivalent of Navy's Blue Angels or the Air Forces' Thunderbirds. In one episode she basically goes to Top Gun...

Also, there's a lot of subtle humor in the show that young girls, or boys wouldn't even pick up on. Granny Smith runs an apple farm. She happens to be green, just like the Granny Smith apple. The muscle of her farm is Mac, which I assume is short for Macintosh, another kind of apple.

um...

How did we get on this?
---
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226
#39DerpitimusPosted 2/16/2013 7:38:44 PM
_Signal posted...
I don't think MLP: Friendship is Magic is targeted for young girls only. It's very different than the earlier incarnations of the show, which focused mainly on Pinkie Pie.

MLP:FIM is much more plot driven and not just fluff. For example, Rainbow Dash is highly competitive and wants to be in the Thunderbolts... the Equestria equivalent of Navy's Blue Angels or the Air Forces' Thunderbirds. In one episode she basically goes to Top Gun...

Also, there's a lot of subtle humor in the show that young girls, or boys wouldn't even pick up on. Granny Smith runs an apple farm. She happens to be green, just like the Granny Smith apple. The muscle of her farm is Mac, which I assume is short for Macintosh, another kind of apple.

um...

How did we get on this?

* raises hand*

Its my fault.

So, how ya been Signal?
---
#40LigersRulePosted 2/16/2013 7:47:02 PM
_Signal posted...

um...

How did we get on this?

Look at your average teenage guy, though. I'm 18. My favorite show is How I Met Your Mother. I also love Big Bang Theory, Top Gear, and Star Trek stuff. Those shows are all Stereotypical college guy, maybe a slight bit on the nerdy side. MLP? Completely different from anything I watch on TV.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/LigsGames
New Gaming Video's Daily. --- Subscribers:22 Views: 1200