A Sega Discussion.

#11old_man_mossyPosted 3/4/2013 3:50:11 PM
Assassins creed 3....excellent game.

It's first patch....addressed over 100 things.

It was also 3 years in the making and will likely get a game of the year nomination.

The more complex or trailblazing a game is...the greater the chance of something going off the rails. That's where budget and publisher support come in.
---
A big part of me tries very hard to behave. A small part of me laughs at the effort and behaves like an ass, anyway.
#12TheOmegaShenPosted 3/4/2013 3:53:46 PM
Ehhh, I wouldn't even bother to explain things to games.

Logic never seems to get through to him anyway.
---
Ruin is the Salvation of Man and Machine
Currently playing: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
#13games1256Posted 3/4/2013 4:04:56 PM(edited)
old_man_mossy posted...

It was also 3 years in the making and will likely get a game of the year nomination.

The more complex or trailblazing a game is...the greater the chance of something going off the rails. That's where budget and publisher support come in.

Yes games sometimes have to be patched but they should fully test a game. Now with patches they get paying customers to beta test and some of us are accepting of that. I don't see why some people accept games as is with bugs that they will fix later.
#14games1256Posted 3/4/2013 4:02:09 PM
TheOmegaShen posted...
Ehhh, I wouldn't even bother to explain things to games.

Logic never seems to get through to him anyway.

I understand logic just fine this board does not. This board is oh Conduit 2 ending is a cliffhanger so there must be a Conduit 3. We fans want Conduit 3 so there will be Conduit 3. That is what the board is no logic.
#15HungoverHero777Posted 3/4/2013 4:07:25 PM
games1256 posted...
old_man_mossy posted...

Yes games sometimes have to be patched but they should fully test a game. Now with patches they get paying customers to beta test and some of us are accepting of that. I don't see why some people accept games as is with bugs that they will fix later.

Why ae you talking about yourself in the third-person?
---
The best gaming group on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/RoosterTeeth/videos?view=0
Anyone with a Wii U or PC, BUY RUNNER 2!
#16Derppopotamus(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 5:04:13 PM
games1256 posted...
If they needed a year plus then no. Since they can only spend so much time on a game they released until they have to move on to future games.

Hello again c: Uncharted 3 was getting multiplayer patches long after release. And TF2 is a game from 2007 and is still getting patches.
What I was meaning by the topic was if SEGA had not have stunted the sales, would HVS have continued to patch this game long enough to be almost bug-free?

Thank you again for your opinion, I very much appreciate it.
---
I'm Derpitimus. I forgot my password, and got locked out of my account.
#17games1256Posted 3/4/2013 5:16:32 PM
Derppopotamus posted...
games1256 posted...
If they needed a year plus then no. Since they can only spend so much time on a game they released until they have to move on to future games.

Hello again c: Uncharted 3 was getting multiplayer patches long after release. And TF2 is a game from 2007 and is still getting patches.
What I was meaning by the topic was if SEGA had not have stunted the sales, would HVS have continued to patch this game long enough to be almost bug-free?

I don't think they would since they are a small studio and Conduit 2 is not a major game.
#18Derppopotamus(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 5:24:36 PM
games1256 posted...
Derppopotamus posted...

I don't think they would since they are a small studio and Conduit 2 is not a major game.

Ah, I see what you mean, bud.
---
I'm Derpitimus. I forgot my password, and got locked out of my account.
#19games1256Posted 3/4/2013 6:14:31 PM
HungoverHero777 posted...
games1256 posted...
old_man_mossy posted...

Why are you talking about yourself in the third-person?

Way to have a failed joke.
#20HungoverHero777Posted 3/4/2013 6:17:03 PM
games1256 posted...
HungoverHero777 posted...
games1256 posted...
old_man_mossy posted...

Why are you talking about yourself in the third-person?

Way to have a failed joke.

Says you, lol.
---
The best gaming group on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/RoosterTeeth/videos?view=0
Anyone with a Wii U or PC, BUY RUNNER 2!