IDK how one can argue that Explosives Focus isn't broken.

#1CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 3/4/2013 10:45:26 PM
For how often EVERYBODY in the game has it equipped.

Would have won that last match if it wasn't for that glitchy perk.
Do you know how many HVS headshots you got spared from Dug?

At least 4, or... Probably exactly 4.

And You are all aware that EF DOES protect you from your own explosions right?

Do I have to list off everything again?

It makes your explosions like ridiculously larger. This is worthy of a perk all of its own.
It acts as armor against explosions. Worthy of probably a secondary perk, all on its own.
Protects you from your own explosions. Allows for you to 'Suicide' and survive. Lame.
Halfs the damage from SPAS and HVS. Worthy of a Primary perk all on its own.

Its comparable to Heavy armor ( a primary perk ) in its defensive applications, Except Heavy armor is gimped. Slows you down, and lowers your weapon accuracy.

And Lastly, The biggest argument as to why EF is unnessisary and broken...

SMAW Isn't that Over Powered. ESPECIALLY w/o EF. EF is completely unnecessary when fighting SMAW. In fact, it gives you such a huge advantage over smaw users that its just stupid. WAY bigger than the advantage that using a smaw gives you.

I mean, if using the smaw is NOOBY because of how easy it is to get kills.
Well... Getting kills against smaw users by using EF is even more of a no brainier.

Basically, saying you need EF because of smaw is just a stupid excuse.
You'll see it everywhere, even in games where Explosive weapons are nowhere in sight!

I guarantee you it is THE most used perk in users lv 50+, By FAR.
And if anybody doubts this, I'll start compiling the data at the end of matches, and prove it.

Oh, and BTW, Broken doesn't mean its OP.
Broken means it drastically alters the requirements for succeeding in the game, and that the meta-game revolves around it.

The ONE excuse for using EF that is even close to being fair is... Some explosive weapons need a little something more to be competitive. This is true. But, all these weapons, as far as I'm aware can also be buffed by either ballistic or energy perks.

So yeah, BAM.

Rebuttal that if you dare.

Also, GGs dug.
I've never seen your Dark Star as persistent and ferocious as tonight.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#2B05S_BrennanPosted 3/4/2013 11:17:05 PM
These are the two reasons I use it.

1. I can handle myself fine against SMAWs without EF, but I find it makes things boring having to carefully look behind every corner to make sure there isn't some noob camping there. SMAW messes up the flow of the game for me.

2. SPAS battles between two EF users are the best

But I agree it should be nerfed a bit in the next game, if there is one.
---
"God put obvious limitations on our intelligence, but none whatsoever on our stupidity". -Fr.John Corapi
#3nightfire0013Posted 3/4/2013 11:19:31 PM
lol

Reminds me of all the hate Ghost got in Black Ops.

Except half of the things it does aren't intentional.
---
I confess.
#4CHAINMAILLEKID(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 11:33:52 PM(edited)
B05S_Brennan posted...

1. I can handle myself fine against SMAWs without EF, but I find it makes things boring having to carefully look behind every corner to make sure there isn't some noob camping there. SMAW messes up the flow of the game for me.

"Flow of the game" Meaning supercharging in and being completely reckless?

And I'm not saying it needs to be nerfed.
I'm saying that people need to stop using it.
And treat it the same way people treat the SMAW.

The more people use it, the more people NEED to use it to counter it.
I think if half the people who use it, didn't, then the game would be balanced again.

---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#51PefrogPosted 3/5/2013 6:47:17 AM
I used stealth to counter explosives, but there was a stretch where I was playing Ventus every night and just to get a tag on Ventus I started using EF. It is unfortunate about the HVS45, but I am glad it works against the shotty (although if there are shotty users I use double armor because they usually use the usp45). EF really lets me keep my distance, take some SCUD/TPC/Hive Cannon/Shrieker and run for a bit until my health is up and theirs is down.
---
Jesus could have baked the most delicious cake.
#6_SignalPosted 3/5/2013 6:51:26 AM
Let's not forget what EF does for the SPAS, increasing it's damage as well.

I feel the same way as you Chain. I'd be happy if suddenly EF disappeared from the game, even though I use it in one of my own loadouts with the TPC and USP.

I'm so weary of fighting the SPAS with EF and Improved Ballistics.

I guess I shouldn't complain. I'm sure people are tired of fighting me with Double Ballistics... but that's not the only loadout I use.
---
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226
#7Hawke0Posted 3/5/2013 7:53:41 AM
To combat the SMAW, I just don't waltz up to point blank range. Take them from as far away as possible.
---
Some of the best music in gaming: the Freedom Fighters OST http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KHK46y_He4&list=PLXQy_o
x7fQ3VNAeoBsoqIzzcvjRKy_rpT
#8Darcsen8Posted 3/5/2013 9:30:25 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9Darcsen8Posted 3/5/2013 9:50:45 AM(edited)
Are you sure Exp. Focus still protects against your own explosives?

I'm pretty sure that HVS posted here that they patched the perk making it only effective in defending against opponent's explosive damage.

--SMAW Isn't that Over Powered. ESPECIALLY w/o EF. EF is completely unnecessary when fighting SMAW. In fact, it gives you such a huge advantage over smaw users that its just stupid. WAY bigger than the advantage that using a smaw gives you.--

Isn't that the point of the entire perk system in Conduit 2? Opponent uses Explosive weapons, you counter it by using Exp. Focus. Opponent uses Phase Rifle, you counter using Stealth. Opponent uses Ball. Focus, you counter using Heavy Armor.

You are supposed to have the upperhand when you use a counter perk out against the opponent. ^_^ Otherwise what's the point in using counter perks if they don't counter XD

--It makes your explosions like ridiculously larger. This is worthy of a perk all of its own.--

Agreed, although this effect/perk should not exist in the game at all in my opinion

--Halfs the damage from SPAS and HVS. Worthy of a Primary perk all on its own--

Know nothing about this.

--You'll see it everywhere, even in games where Explosive weapons are nowhere in sight!
--

Aren't people just being carefull in these situations? You're on your way to get a Reign of Terror, BAM, a sudden SMAW rocket killed you. Better safe than sorry in these situations, even if nobody is using Explosives (yet).

Also, if the Exp. Focus really reduces damage agains SPAS and HVS as you mentioned, then it is actually quite logical to see Exp. Focus outside of Explosive Matches? I mean the SPAS is one of the most used weapons online. If Exp. Focuse reduces Spas Damage and Exp. Damage, isn't it better to just equip Exp. Focus instead of Heavy Armor?
People are just getting smarter online, which seems to me as a positive growth rather then a negativ one.
I once played agains 5 other in Grab Bag. 4 were using SMAW, 1 was using Shrieker, I was using Aegis Device + USP + Explosive Focus. Four matches later before they all left, my ratings were like 20-28 kills to 1-3 deaths for every match. It makes you wonder whether they actually read the perks effect <_<
I would rather prefer the situation in which players become smarter by equiping Exp. Focus as an Intervention Perk + Main weapon, rather staying oblivours that Exp. Focus + SMAW cannot one-shot me.

So, to anwer the question. Broken? Nope. It's only effective against SMAW and Spas, so broken is too exagerated.

Too much bonus effects for 1 perk? Yes. The perk should only have the effect to defend against Explosive Damage. Nothing More. If it also defends agains Spas as you mentioned before, it sounds to me as glitch. In this situation people are using it becuase it is glitched, not because it is "broken".

Explosive Focus is more a Skill level indicator in my opinion. Will the player or will he not understand that Explosive Focus was meant as a defensive Perk against Explosives and not as a offensive perk for Explosives?
#10B05S_BrennanPosted 3/5/2013 9:54:51 AM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
B05S_Brennan posted...

"Flow of the game" Meaning supercharging in and being completely reckless?

No, being reckless will get you killed with EF as well, but in a match with tons of SMAWs, the SMAW ruins the pace of the game.

Maybe EF is broken, but I'll still be using it as long as there's DB SPAS and SMAW, which are far more broken.
---
"God put obvious limitations on our intelligence, but none whatsoever on our stupidity". -Fr.John Corapi