IDK how one can argue that Explosives Focus isn't broken.

#21Orient33Posted 3/6/2013 3:17:54 PM
"SMAW Isn't that Over Powered"

I lol'd...
---
C2 FC: (Orient) 3310-7730-0201
#22Hawke0Posted 3/6/2013 4:17:34 PM
The SMAW isn't OP at all. It's so slow you can only get a kill at close range, and Explosive Focus makes it utterly useless.
---
Some of the best music in gaming: the Freedom Fighters OST http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KHK46y_He4&list=PLXQy_o
x7fQ3VNAeoBsoqIzzcvjRKy_rpT
#23CHAINMAILLEKID(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 4:24:12 PM(edited)
xXAISPXx posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
Some of which is so broken, that we don't even talk about it.

Like what?

Like the fact that you can get OHKO's and shoot through walls with the PR without any perks, or tuning, While hip-firing.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#24B05S_BrennanPosted 3/6/2013 4:59:25 PM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
How exactly did you work this one out?

Happens all the time. Someone who's somewhat skilled is getting more kills than they should because a SMAW user is keeping everybody from moving through the map as quickly as they normally should be able to.

Actually... A perkless shotty can get a OHKO at any range the DB shotty can, It will just do so less frequently.

But the amount that it happens for DB SPAS much more frequent.

BS.

What a well thought out response.

If you want to do some matches going by the "If its in the game" rule, I'd be glad to play.

You can use what you want in public.
---
"God put obvious limitations on our intelligence, but none whatsoever on our stupidity". -Fr.John Corapi
#25B05S_BrennanPosted 3/6/2013 5:00:48 PM
Hawke0 posted...
The SMAW isn't OP at all. It's so slow you can only get a kill at close range, and Explosive Focus makes it utterly useless.

Your idea of what's balanced changes a lot, huh?
---
"God put obvious limitations on our intelligence, but none whatsoever on our stupidity". -Fr.John Corapi
#26xXAISPXxPosted 3/6/2013 5:02:03 PM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
xXAISPXx posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
Some of which is so broken, that we don't even talk about it.

Like what?

Like the fact that you can get OHKO's and shoot through walls with the PR without any perks, or tuning, While hip-firing.

I was waiting for you to throw something about the PR on me. Unfortunately, it IS a broken gun. One of the most broken.
---
TCon-{AISP FC: 3954-8764-7672}
Con2-{AISP FC: 4083-8526-7529 HC-AISP FC: 4642-7312-4915}
#27Hawke0Posted 3/6/2013 5:21:55 PM(edited)
B05S_Brennan posted...
Hawke0 posted...

Your idea of what's balanced changes a lot, huh?

lol
Since I've played the game more, and perkless, yes. You don't need Explosive Focus to beat a SMAW any more than you need Light Armor to beat a SCAR.
I still think the PR isn't OP, but it would be perfect if it didn't have Specialization and Penetration.
---
Some of the best music in gaming: the Freedom Fighters OST http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KHK46y_He4&list=PLXQy_o
#28CHAINMAILLEKID(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 6:43:16 PM(edited)
B05S_Brennan posted...

Happens all the time. Someone who's somewhat skilled is getting more kills than they should because a SMAW user is keeping everybody from moving through the map as quickly as they normally should be able to.

And this is supposed to have such a large effect on matches that directly countering the smaw becomes necessary?
This is supposed to make the smaw MORE broken than EF?
No way.

And if the smaws ability to disrupt the way people move through the map makes it OP, Then Widowmaker has got to be by far the most OP weapon that has ever existed.

If you're going to bring in indirect ways that the game as a whole can be affected, then try this on for size.
Explosive Focus Eliminates around half of the effective OHKO's. Its very beatable, but you're eliminating OHKOs from all explosives. Drastically gimping the stopping power of all explosives. Thats the Smaw, TCP mines, Warp Pistol. And it also eliminates OHKOs for SPAS and HVS. Practically the only OHKO options left are SR & PR.

This is going to affect the time its going to take for a team to eliminate a EF user in their base ( or anywhere else ) And this extra time is going to allow their team to move freely, and penetrate further into enemy lines.
And this effect I feel more than equals the effect you're claiming for smaw.

Also... If you want to move freely w/ smaw users on the map, use stealth :|

But the amount that it happens for DB SPAS much more frequent.

But nowhere near reliable. And thus, does not make it broken.

Needing one less pellet to kill DOES NOT have a very drastic effect on its range.

What a well thought out response.

Oh, OK.
Well if you want a well thought out response, I can certainly do that.

So you assert that the people who beat you aren't the ones who use EF.
Well, We can't exactly just take your word for it, Sooooo...

Who exactly is it that DOES beat you?

You can use what you want in public.

Next time I see you, I'll be sure to.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#29Ventus2aPosted 3/6/2013 9:10:01 PM
B05S_Brennan posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...

How exactly did you work this one out?

That is why I love the SMAW, it forces a change to the prevalent run and gun style of play. I like many different types of games. I get bored with only charging around with the SPAS and shooting each other while bunny hopping.

There is no correct way to play C2, and as long as someone is not hacking the system then it is just a fun game of Rock-Paper-Scissors. The only thing that bugs me those that have that perfect lag so they think they have skills instead. I get tired of dying before the carbonizer beam even touches me.

I got my first one shot quad kill a few days ago, fun way to shift the flow of a game and stop one team from blowing the other out.

Because of EF I get many kills with the secondary weapon or melee. Soften them up with the SMAW and then finish them off.
---
Ventus. Conduit FC 4899-6416-2462
#30Hawke0Posted 3/6/2013 9:54:36 PM
^this
---