IDK how one can argue that Explosives Focus isn't broken.

#31boxdude123Posted 3/6/2013 11:12:07 PM
SMAW is broken Explosive focus cancels out it's broken features.
---
Official co-leader of KIL (KIL_Ford)
Join the site http://w11.zetaboards.com/kil
#32Orient33Posted 3/6/2013 11:22:32 PM
boxdude123 posted...

This ^
---
C2 FC: (Orient) 3310-7730-0201
#33CHAINMAILLEKID(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 11:39:20 PM(edited)
Orient33 posted...
boxdude123 posted...

This ^

Yeah.

Thats ONE of the Many things that EF can do.

I said smaw isn't THAT OP.
As in, most of us are skilled players, and we really should have no problem evening the odds against SMAW.

Brennan for instance, he's right up their with MIKE in terms of Formability online, maybe even surpassing MIKE.
So for people like him, and us, using the excuse of 'Defense against smaw" for using EF is just rediculous.

I take that excuse to be little more than mere cover to gain from its other unintentional benefits against much more deadly weapons, particularly the Spas.

In short, people are rampantly abusing a gamechanging glitch online, and using the smaw as a scapegoat.

---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#341PefrogPosted 3/7/2013 7:06:20 AM
So Chain, when can someone use EF? I have never seen you use it, so I am guessing that you will say never, but there should be some situations. I admit to running up on SMAW users here and there so that they suicide, but for the most part I use it to keep distance and not get OHKO'd while dark star tagging.
---
Jesus could have baked the most delicious cake.
#35boxdude123Posted 3/7/2013 10:24:33 AM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...

I said smaw isn't THAT OP.

I used to use a SMAW, Almost every game I played I had the top score overall. If I wasn't on top I was second.. I stopped cuz I didn't want to ruin the name of "Conduit^King"
---
#36boxdude123Posted 3/7/2013 10:27:15 AM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
xXAISPXx posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
Some of which is so broken, that we don't even talk about it.

Like what?

Like the fact that you can get OHKO's and shoot through walls with the PR without any perks, or tuning, While hip-firing.

The PR takes a lot more skill to use than the SMAW.
---
#37B05S_BrennanPosted 3/7/2013 10:34:24 AM
And this is supposed to have such a large effect on matches that directly countering the smaw becomes necessary?

Apparently it can be bad enough that some consider camping with it as bad as glitching.

And if the smaws ability to disrupt the way people move through the map makes it OP, Then Widowmaker has got to be by far the most OP weapon that has ever existed.

The Widowmaker doesn't move, it can't track Stealthed targets and flashbangs kill it in one hit.

Explosive Focus Eliminates around half of the effective OHKO's. Its very beatable, but you're eliminating OHKOs from all explosives. Drastically gimping the stopping power of all explosives. Thats the Smaw, TCP mines, Warp Pistol. And it also eliminates OHKOs for SPAS and HVS. Practically the only OHKO options left are SR & PR.

What about the Dark-Star, Deatomizer, Frags and Rads? I think AR-C could be considered OHKO because it can get you backstabs.

This is going to affect the time its going to take for a team to eliminate a EF user in their base ( or anywhere else ) And this extra time is going to allow their team to move freely, and penetrate further into enemy lines.
And this effect I feel more than equals the effect you're claiming for smaw.

Guess it depends on the weapons they're using. If they don't know enough to switch to a non-Explosive, it's likely their own fault.

Also... If you want to move freely w/ smaw users on the map, use stealth :|

That's not really "freely" when you can only walk.

Needing one less pellet to kill DOES NOT have a very drastic effect on its range.

I used to use it, and I've seen it used on YouTube. It does have a pretty big affect.

Oh, OK.
Well if you want a well thought out response, I can certainly do that.

So you assert that the people who beat you aren't the ones who use EF.
Well, We can't exactly just take your word for it, Sooooo...

Who exactly is it that DOES beat you?

Recently...

Mi9U3 beat me once with his stealth TPC loadout while I was using my EF SPAS loadout. I do better against that loadout with my Carby, which doesn't have EF equipped.

Dug can beat me, and I haven't played him since he started using EF that much.

... (that's his name) beat me once with a Stealth SPAS loadout. It was the first time I've seen him play all that well.

Ricky can beat me, and he does it most often with his Stealth AR-C loadout.

Signal can beat me in Hardcore.

AISP and I are pretty even with sniping.

Keet and XG4 are the only EF users I've played recently that I can think of that have beaten me. Mike used to be able to, but I haven't played with him in a pretty long time.

Next time I see you, I'll be sure to.

As long as it's not a glitch that's fine.
---
"God put obvious limitations on our intelligence, but none whatsoever on our stupidity". -Fr.John Corapi
#38B05S_BrennanPosted 3/7/2013 10:38:57 AM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
I take that excuse to be little more than mere cover to gain from its other unintentional benefits against much more deadly weapons, particularly the Spas.

In short, people are rampantly abusing a gamechanging glitch online, and using the smaw as a scapegoat.

I use a lot of weapons that EF reduces the power of, and I still don't really mind people using it. I use SPAS, Hive, Shrieker, TPC and sometimes the HVS.

I don't think EF is a glitch either.
---
"God put obvious limitations on our intelligence, but none whatsoever on our stupidity". -Fr.John Corapi
#39CHAINMAILLEKID(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 11:55:48 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#40CHAINMAILLEKID(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 12:00:23 PM
boxdude123 posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
xXAISPXx posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
Some of which is so broken, that we don't even talk about it.

Like what?

Like the fact that you can get OHKO's and shoot through walls with the PR without any perks, or tuning, While hip-firing.

The PR takes a lot more skill to use than the SMAW.

Did you even read anything in there besides "PR"?
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656