Conduit 3 is not happening.

#21games1256(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 2:28:11 PM(edited)
HungoverHero777 posted...
games1256 posted...
xXAISPXx posted...
Do you think HVS should...well...advertise to make donations to them? Should they be donated money?

If they want to make Conduit 3 then they should take donations. If people want Conduit 3 then they should donate money. They would have to raise a million dollars to make a small download multi player game or 2 million to have a small budget single player and multi player game that sales for $20.00. IF they want a full budget game then 15 million. It is just what games cost now.

Even indie games?

Indie games cost about $40,000 but that is not enough for a team of professional game devs to make a game. Just enough for a couple of people who makes games at their house.
#22TheOmegaShenPosted 3/6/2013 2:30:36 PM
sonic 4 was made with a really low budget and made profit

a big company made that game
---
Ruin is the Salvation of Man and Machine
Currently playing: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
#23games1256(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 2:41:40 PM
TheOmegaShen posted...

Sonic 4 is a download game so it did not need as many people but would still cost a couple million to make. It was published by a big company but made by a small team.
#24TheOmegaShenPosted 3/6/2013 2:45:49 PM
games1256 posted...
TheOmegaShen posted...

Sonic 4 is a download game so it did not need as many people but would still cost a couple million to make. It was published by a big company but made by a small team.

it did not take a couple million to make sonic 4

it probably didn't even take half a million to make

and sonic team/DIMPS arent exactly small teams
---
#25games1256(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 2:50:44 PM(edited)
TheOmegaShen posted...
games1256 posted...
TheOmegaShen posted...

it did not take a couple million to make sonic 4

it probably didn't even take half a million to make

and sonic team/DIMPS arent exactly small teams

Well prove what it cost then. Labor cost good money to make a game so the 2 million cost is about fair. Plus sonic is popular and good so it sold well the same can not be said if HVS made Conduit 3 a small download game. If the dev team is not small then that means more money spent on the game.
#26TheOmegaShenPosted 3/6/2013 2:52:35 PM
i'll back up what i say when you link me to a source that says there will be no conduit 3
---
#27xXAISPXxPosted 3/6/2013 2:59:02 PM
I didn't even think it would cost so much for one video game. Is HVS really going to make 5+ million dollars to make a Conduit 3?

HVS probably has less than 2 million dollars...maybe less, or more. Donations are necessary for HVS to thrive unless they can make more money in another way. At least, that's the most we can do.
---
TCon-{AISP FC: 3954-8764-7672}
Con2-{AISP FC: 4083-8526-7529 HC-AISP FC: 4642-7312-4915}
#28games1256(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 3:03:26 PM
TheOmegaShen posted...
i'll back up what i say when you link me to a source that says there will be no conduit 3

Again HVS is not going to say the game they were hoping would turn into a 3 part game series and fund other original games failed so no Conduit 3. They are just going to stay quiet.
You know your wrong but just wont admit it. While I don't have a source that says Conduit 3 wont happen it is just common sense.
#29TheOmegaShenPosted 3/6/2013 3:07:14 PM
then what im saying is common sense too

sonic 4 had the absolute bare minimum put into it and reused several assets from previous titles with a broken ass physics engine

it did not take a million to make, judging by its apparent poor quality

also, its you're, not your
---
#30games1256(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 3:09:26 PM
xXAISPXx posted...
I didn't even think it would cost so much for one video game. Is HVS really going to make 5+ million dollars to make a Conduit 3?

HVS probably has less than 2 million dollars...maybe less, or more. Donations are necessary for HVS to thrive unless they can make more money in another way. At least, that's the most we can do.

If they want a full blown game with voice acting, a full single player, a game that runs good, A full multi player game with after release patch support and map packs then yes it would cost that much.

They won't get funding for 5 million plus. Donations are needed for them to make Conduit 3 because if HVS puts there own money into the game they will lose money. So no reason to make Conduit 3 they will just make games that sell well and make profit.