Top 8 Things that will make C3 last.

#21games1256Posted 3/8/2013 1:09:33 AM
boxdude123 posted...
I guess there will always be critics. Or just plan dicks.

I am not being mean I am just posting my view about what was posted. It's a public topic deal with it.
#22King_Boo922Posted 3/8/2013 6:07:47 AM
I said it in another thread, but being able to earn credits from single player missions every time would extend the game.
Adding new achievements over time could help.
How about taking a page from smash bros. with invasion mode and let me pick if I want to play for a set amount of rounds, each with a set amount of waves. Or play for a set amount of time. They could also add in enemy and weapon selections so certain enemy weapon combos show up more frequently. Also make invasion mode an online game would help.
I doubt this one highly, but if they could come up with an all new mode, exclusive in every way to C3, that could draw in some new people.
#23HungoverHero777Posted 3/8/2013 7:05:57 AM
games1256 posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
New rule:
Nobody reply to games in this thread.

I didn't just write for two hours for him to detract from any interesting discussion w/ his squabble.

My squabble more like truth that you can't handle and don't want to read. It's a public topic I can post if I want deal with it.

You know, this works both ways. Since this is a public forum, anyone can post and choose to believe C3 will happen, whether you like it or not.
---
The best gaming group on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/RoosterTeeth/videos?view=0
Anyone with a Wii U or PC, BUY RUNNER 2!
#24Hawke0Posted 3/8/2013 7:47:26 AM
For the party system, they should only allow just over half the people allowed in a team into a party.
---
Some of the best music in gaming: the Freedom Fighters OST http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KHK46y_He4&list=PLXQy_o
x7fQ3VNAeoBsoqIzzcvjRKy_rpT
#25Hawke0Posted 3/8/2013 7:51:56 AM
Btw, Chain, I'm writing a review of Geist.
---
Some of the best music in gaming: the Freedom Fighters OST http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KHK46y_He4&list=PLXQy_o
x7fQ3VNAeoBsoqIzzcvjRKy_rpT
#26games1256Posted 3/8/2013 8:19:23 AM
HungoverHero777 posted...
games1256 posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
New rule:
Nobody reply to games in this thread.

I didn't just write for two hours for him to detract from any interesting discussion w/ his squabble.

My squabble more like truth that you can't handle and don't want to read. It's a public topic I can post if I want deal with it.

You know, this works both ways. Since this is a public forum, anyone can post and choose to believe C3 will happen, whether you like it or not.

Well I never said I did not like people believing in Conduit 3.
#27games1256Posted 3/8/2013 8:34:43 AM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
In light of the slowly minimizing community here at gamefaqs for the past year and a half, I've put a lot of thought into all the things that contribute to Con2 slowly becoming less exciting, as well as all the things that have already contributed to the games long life.

And I have created this list of items that should be part of the Con3 package, that doesn’t include gameplay.

Implying there will be Conduit 3 LOL.
#28CHAINMAILLEKID(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 8:55:30 AM
Hawke0 posted...
Btw, Chain, I'm writing a review of Geist.

:D
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#29games1256Posted 3/8/2013 9:59:07 AM(edited)
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
Number Three
Community Involvement.

Man oh man.
Anybody here play Trauma Center?
You know that miraculous green goop you can inject into your patient when they reach critical, and suddenly they’re all happy as clams?
That is pretty much the effect HVS had on this place.
During the period where they were still releasing updates, when somebody was to make a thread like this one, you would EXPECT somebody from HVS to respond to it eventually. And even if they didn’t, you know they’d read it.

Also, when somebody like Games started coming in and telling people what HVS would or would not do, you would EXPECT HVS to come in and start smacking them around till they ragequit.

The community here at Gfaqs wouldn’t exist w/o them.
Their involvement here made this the gathering place for all fans of the game.

Well if HVS reads my topic they would know its the truth. Plus I have seen HVSBob online lately so he most likely would read some of our topics.
#30games1256Posted 3/8/2013 9:47:12 AM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
Number One
New Maps.

Going off the same theme as item #2, I think New Maps has the potential to extend the life of a game unlike anything else.
By far one of the largest factors determining player skill is actually how well a player knows a level.
I’ve said this before, but…
A skilled player fighting on an unfamiliar level is at a disadvantage to even the worst of players, who only know the level.

Unlike weapons, the learning curves for maps are massive, AND they don’t have a very profound effect on weapon balance.

If there was only one thing I could as for to keep Con2 more interesting, It would be to add another level.

Now, I actually think there is an opportunity for Paid DLC here.
Here’s the scenario I’m imagining.

Every 6 months, HVS releases a new map for…. $12.99 or something.
However, maps become free after 3 months.

SOOOO…. What you end up doing it creating excitement and anticipation in the community every 3 months.
The first set comes from the buyers. When they get the maps, they all talk and discuss and make a lot of noise.
And then three months later, all the people who decided to wait, or could not buy all do the same thing.
So even though its 1 map, it rejuvenates the community twice ;)

Now, I think its important to introduce some form of paid DLC.
As much as I am against it.
Otherwise there will be no incentive to HVS to maintain the game.

New weapons… I don’t think are worth it, and because the balance concerns of weapons I think in the best interest of the game to be very conservative in releasing them.

But levels? They are much more significant.

Also… With DLC ( especially paid DLC ), there is always the risk of what the player gets packed in disk.
However… I feel too many maps on release of a game actually will have a negative affect.
So I feel at least the risk is balanced out.

SO, to sum up #1
I feel that a release schedule of Maps is the best way to ensure a long term community.

$12.99 would be too much for one map try 3 maps at $9.99. Giving away the map pack in 3 moths after it came out is a good idea.